• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summerslam 2015 |OT| He hath loosed the fateful lightning of his terrible swift sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell was up with John Cena tonight? Rollins was carrying him the first half of the match and Cena seemed really sluggish. Whether you like Cena or not, he can usualy put on a solid match.

BTW, that new orange "15 Championship wins" shirt of his pretty much spoiled the ending to the match. Also, the Jon Stewart bit was stupid.

Probably still getting used to the nose recovery

Verendus

Banned
It's safe to say after tonight that...

ONE MAN

ALONE

BETRAYED BY THE FANS HE LOVED

ON A QUEST FOR REDEMPTION

Is back in business. Roman Reigns is conquering the conqueror, slaying the beast, and reigning supreme at Wrasslemania 32.

Roman Reigns. 2016.

Balee dat.

It's safe to say after tonight that...

THREE MEN

ALONE

BETRAYED BY THE FANS THEY LOVED

ON A QUEST FOR REDEMPTION

Are back in business. The power of positivety is conquering the Prime-time Players, slaying the Lucha Dragons, and clapping supreme at Summerslam.

The New Day. 2015.

New
Day rocks.
Well said

Fox318

Well said
2pNLd1m.jpg

Hex

Banned
Again, while I understand that they wanted to set up a third rubber match without making Brock look weak the whole thing was just a complete clusterfuck.
From the performer side, the announcer side and everything about it.
They knew it was happening also which is why they had the extra hour so people wouldn't revolt with the fifteen minute early swerve ending on the clock watchers.
It probably looked better on paper but it seriously hurt the show overall especially the night after a great NXT event.

CNJHXTsWsAEBK78.jpg

Fox318

Again, while I understand that they wanted to set up a third rubber match without making Brock look weak the whole thing was just a complete clusterfuck.
From the performer side, the announcer side and everything about it.
They knew it was happening also which is why they had the extra hour so people wouldn't revolt with the fifteen minute early swerve ending on the clock watchers.
It probably looked better on paper but it seriously hurt the show overall especially the night after a great NXT event.

CNJHXTsWsAEBK78.jpg

kbrcTVJ.gif

I think he might have learned the difference between being in shape and being in "wrestling shape".

It definitely made me realise how easy it is to take what the pros do for granted. Seeing Amell working the ring and then having Neville tag in and explode everywhere was awesome and highlighted the athleticism of these guys even more so.

the ending to the main event made no sense. I thought it was funny though how they had Undertaker high tail it out of the arena so brock could have his music play and celebrate his win.

SummerSlam recap reports on SportsCenter and CBS This Morning? I have to say I'm impressed at HHH and Steph's efforts to bring the WWE into the sports and entertainment mainstream.

Man, the main event was pretty awesome, despite the extremely bizarre finish. Then again, it got people talking so maybe it accomplished what it set out to? In any case, really awesome match which definitely redeemed their shitfest at WrestleMania.

Also, I wish people would stop ragging on Taker for his age. Yes, yes, he's old. But he's still putting on solid matches and is more entertaining than more than half the current roster IMO.

kinggroin

Banned
Cena vs Rollins was good tier. Really cool high risk stuff and clever reversals. Loved the ridiculous ending with Stuart too. The match is what I want from wwe wrestling.

VoxPop

I can't believe I wasted 4 hours of my life on this event after that clusterfuck of a finish. Arrow match was terrible as expected. As was the Jon Stewart host job. Lol @ people who were trying to convince me otherwise beforehand. Why does Taker need a have a lame ass "win" over Brock at 80 years of age?

Also, I wish people would stop ragging on Taker for his age. Yes, yes, he's old. But he's still putting on solid matches and is more entertaining than more than half the current roster IMO.
He isn't ragged on for his age; he's ragged on because he's holding Lesnar away from his deserved spot as top guy in the industry.

The people saying "Lesnar has to beat Taker to solidify his spot" are idiots. He's already got the billing as greatest combat athlete in WWE history.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
just finished watching that Arrow match up - was great! Amell showed some AAA class athleticism for his first pro match. the guy clearly loves his work.

what a super enjoyable dip back into wrestling (haven't watched since i was a kid.) someone make another thread if Amell shows up again.

I mean, they must be aware of how chickenshit heel they're painting Taker? Constant low blows, a screwjob finish, not to mention the entire premise of this feud being Taker being a salty sore loser?

Are they trying to turn Taker heel so Brock will be the uber-face?

Trojan X

Banned
I mean, they must be aware of how chickenshit heel they're painting Taker? Constant low blows, a screwjob finish, not to mention the entire premise of this feud being Taker being a salty sore oser?

It is called, desparation and making lesnar look strong. If the match was too clean then taker would definitely lose or we won't believe he would win for brock IS that good for real. Going screwjob level is a safe way to carry the story or belief that taker got a healthy chance. Taker truly lost at summerslam though, just that mcmahon wanted taker to go out with his head held higher, which i understand. Tough booking id say. I like the Paul Hayman investigation at the end as that really solidify brock and his connection to the audience, no, everyone, on who the real champ is.

I mean, they must be aware of how chickenshit heel they're painting Taker? Constant low blows, a screwjob finish, not to mention the entire premise of this feud being Taker being a salty sore loser?

The story is he's desperate because after breaking the streak, Brock broke the myth of the Undertaker, and he's doing whatever he can to hold on to what's left of it. Being that he's old and busted and can't hang with Lesnar as an athlete anymore, he has to rely on dick kicks and luck. Undertaker the man is trying to hold on to Undertaker the myth for as long as he can, by any means necessary.

The crowd cheered the fuck out it Taker even as he was dick kicking Brock in Brock's home state. There is zero chance he gets boos in his final Wrestlemania in Texas. He could tombstone all three members of PCB while simultaneously yelling racial slurs at the New Day and raising Roman Reigns' arm and the crowd would cheer for him.

The crowd cheered the fuck out it Taker even as he was dick kicking Brock in Brock's home state. There is zero chance he gets boos in his final Wrestlemania in Texas. He could tombstone all three members of PCB while simultaneously yelling racial slurs at the New Day and raising Roman Reigns' arm and the crowd would cheer for him.

Brock isn't getting booed, either. They're both beyond simple heel and face designations, as is the story they're in.

njean777

The story is he's desperate because after breaking the streak, Brock broke the myth of the Undertaker, and he's doing whatever he can to hold on to what's left of it. Being that he's old and busted and can't hang with Lesnar as an athlete anymore, he has to rely on dick kicks and luck. Undertaker the man is trying to hold on to Undertaker the myth for as long as he can, by any means necessary.

But that is the thing, why have him come back and be kind of a wuss? I mean sure in a real fight a nut shot can be fine, but in staged fighting it just makes you come off as a wuss and low. Undertaker is dead to me and Brock comes out of this looking like the bigger man imo. Is that really how WWE wants us to remember Taker? Low blows and cheating in order to win?

norm9

But that is the thing, why have him come back and be kind of a wuss? I mean sure in a real fight a nut shot can be fine, but in staged fighting it just makes you come off as a wuss and low. Undertaker is dead to me and Brock comes out of this looking like the bigger man imo. Is that really how WWE wants us to remember Taker? Low blows and cheating in order to win?

Nah, the low blows just proves that Brock is indestructible within the normal parameters and even the dead man has to do it to win. Its less about the perception of the Undertaker and more about Brock.

Because this story is about Brock breaking the myth of the Undertaker before fully subsuming his energy and position as the new phenom. New myth kills the old myth and takes its place. As it is, Taker is a broken old man trying to hold on and he can't compete with Brock on a physical level.

Yes. Wrestlers go out on their back.

Remember how Shawn Michaels became a whiny psycho leading up to his retirement match against Taker?

DMczaf

Pretty sure Bo would get cheered if he did these things in Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom