• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summerslam 2015 |OT| He hath loosed the fateful lightning of his terrible swift sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyudBoy

CNJHb_RWIAAzxCc.jpg

Rollins should give the US title to Xavier.

KingBroly

Banned
The match was really god, with incredible psychology (like every Brock match) and intensity. Everyone is calling taker grampa wheen he's not even doing a shitty short match with resting holds etc.. he's fucking physical, way more than many of the young guys.

And the finish, who gives a shit lol. Now indeed the Taker heel turn is super weird.. They tried it when he cost brock his match against Rollins and the crowd cheered like crazy. They had to make him dick kick him again at RAW, then people understood he was meant to be heel. But what's the point at his age ?

I think it could be Taker's will there. I think all that is to cement Lesnar as legendary face. That middle finger before passing out is some indiana jones shit in wrestling language.

Taker didn't lose its streak to Lesnar for nothing. it seems it's his mission to make Lesnar a super face in the company. Even if that means tapping out and turning heel.

There are tons of issues with this "Heel" Taker
1 - He faced Bray at WM. 100% shouldn't have.
2 - There was no hard sell on it. It was simply 'oh, he's here for payback yay!' not 'oh, he cost Brock boo!' Having wrestlers be confused about his allegiance and motivations behind it make it worse.
3 - The low blows making it look like he can't beat Brock legitimately is cheap and simply doesn't work because he's a Legend and resorting to it this late in the game.
4 - Bellkeeper seeing the tap happen through 2 bodies is just BAD and destroys and sense of character progression and storyline because it sucked the energy out of the match.

I called that for tonight (or Kain for bros of destruction last match). I'll give them that...didn't see this ending coming.

Survivor Series is a retirement match for Taker if he loses. Brock wins.

Taker comes out the next night on Raw to say goodbye, but Sting interrupts him and says "let's both do one final match at WM...against each other!"

Still sounds messy but what doesn't in their booking nowadays.

orioto

Good Art™
There are tons of issues with this "Heel" Taker
1 - He faced Bray at WM. 100% shouldn't have.
2 - There was no hard sell on it. It was simply 'oh, he's here for payback yay!' not 'oh, he cost Brock boo!' Having wrestlers be confused about his allegiance and motivations behind it make it worse.
3 - The low blows making it look like he can't beat Brock legitimately is cheap and simply doesn't work because he's a Legend and resorting to it this late in the game.
4 - Bellkeeper seeing the tap happen through 2 bodies is just BAD and destroys and sense of character progression and storyline because it sucked the energy out of the match.

I don't know maybe it's cause i've been used to poor finished in wrestling but i've learned see the "story finish" and the match / work by the wrestlers independently. That match was really incredible to me. They started stiff early and it was super disputed and balanced, fluid, violent and they sold like crazy. You can say whatever you want but young wrestlers don't sell like that. But that's me, wrestling works way better to me when wrestlers sell the exhaustion, and i can feel 10 minutes of hard fight was endured. Which is realllly rare with most of the roster. That's why i love Brock, cause his energy, the way he sells and what he does to his opponent make you feel like 5 minutes of match killed both men.

Also that was a funny summerslam. people saying it's the worst ppv eveer.. Well they have a bad memory :p

People just have no concept of what Undertaker has done for Brock's career. Even 13 years ago, he was as unselfish as could be against a rookie because the company was behind him. This is a man who let rookie Brock destroy him in HIAC, his signature match. A man who was willing to let Brock break the streak 4 years before he actually did handpick Brock to break his streak. And now he clearly tapped out to him and had to cheat to win.

Brock Lesnar is the new phenom. The new Undertaker. Taker is transferring 25 years of legacy to Brock, so Brock can replace him once and for all. Yet, people are upset about a bell ringing.

galvatron

I don't know maybe it's cause i've been used to poor finished in wrestling but i've learned see the "story finish" and the match / work by the wrestlers independently. That match was really incredible to me. They started stiff early and it was super disputed and balanced, fluid, violent and they sold like crazy. You can say whatever you want but young wrestlers don't sell like that. But that's me, wrestling works way better to me when wrestlers sell the exhaustion, and i can feel 10 minutes of hard fight was endured. Which is realllly rare with most of the roster. That's why i love Brock, cause his energy, the way he sells and what he does to his opponent make you feel like 5 minutes of match killed both men.

Also that was a funny summerslam. people saying it's the worst ppv eveer.. Well they have a bad memory :p

I'll agree with that part. Excellent ring work and Taker looked the best he has in years. Also, there have definitely been worse ppvs...

Verendus

Banned
Baby girls.

Roman Reigns vs. Barack Lesnar II at Wrestlemania 32.

I can feel it. With Undertaker being the scared little boy he is, it's clear the ONE MAN is going to be the man to stop Barack Lesnar.

There's no stopping this Reigns train.

Balee Dat.

People just have no concept of what Undertaker has done for Brock's career. Even 13 years ago, he was as unselfish as could be against a rookie because the company was behind him. This is a man who let rookie Brock destroy him in HIAC, his signature match. A man who was willing to let Brock break the streak 4 years before he actually did handpick Brock to break his streak. And now he clearly tapped out to him and had to cheat to win.

Brock Lesnar is the new phenom. The new Undertaker. Taker is transferring 25 years of legacy to Brock, so Brock can replace him once and for all. Yet, people are upset about a bell ringing.

Yeah, there has to be some sort of good relationship between the two that they come from different generations but have worked so closely with each other like this. Mostly just a weird way for Undertaker to go, with the low blows and cheat finishes. On one level you have to think that Undertaker is being given the chance to dictate his own exit which makes you assume that he has some sort of payoff planned at the end of all of this.

KingBroly

Banned

I don't think it was a bad PPV, but the 2 big matches had very, VERY bad finishes and one of them finished off the show. The Stewart one was bad because he just hung there forever like he was supposed to be conflicted but it was so obvious and it made it terrible.

The Brock-Taker finish was bad because
A - The timekeeper somehow saw Taker tap despite it being obstructed from his view
B - The timekeeper has NEVER rung the bell before without the ref's instructions
C - They've used instant replay before, why not now?
D - Because it was fucked up to such a degree, probably because it was convoluted, it just destroyed the match's atmosphere
E - There was no special timekeeper like Kane or Big Show to give reason behind the bell being rung, either.

There were a million ways to do it better than this. They could've EASILY made it a draw where Taker taps while getting the 3 at the same time. I know Taker and Angle did this, but's it been long enough to where not many remember it. This just feels like Taker getting his win back in a cheap, shitty way to deflate the product.

Yeah, there has to be some sort of good relationship between the two that they come from different generations but have worked so closely with each other like this. Mostly just a weird way for Undertaker to go, with the low blows and cheat finishes. On one level you have to think that Undertaker is being given the chance to dictate his own exit which makes you assume that he has some sort of payoff planned at the end of all of this.

Another wise poster pointed out how Taker is the only true mythological creature in wrestling, that perhaps even transcends wrestling, and the only way to end a myth is to make you stop believing in the myth. Undertaker doing low blows and cheating is him clinging to the last shred of believably about his myth. And once Brock beats him again at Wrestlemania, the myth will finally be destroyed and passed on to the next generation phenom, Brock Lesnar.

Penguin

The second half of the show... felt flat in attendance.

I think 4 hours was too much time.

The Stewart heel... face turn was strange. Hopefully explained.

Crowd was mostly dead for the Divas match, don't think it helped no one knew the rules until Team BAD was eliminated.

Taker/Brock ending didn't play so well, I guess purpose of it was no one saw the tap out, but the crowd was more confused than anything.

Sting is most likely going to be on Raw tomorrow:

PWInsider reports that several sources indicate Sting flew back to New York City tonight, which could mean he appears at RAW tomorrow night.

Sting was in NYC earlier this weekend for WWE but flew to Chicago for a Wizard World appearance.

The Undertaker is also scheduled for tomorrow's RAW.

KingBroly

Banned

Crowd was mostly dead for the Divas match, don't think it helped no one knew the rules until Team BAD was eliminated.

Taker/Brock ending didn't play so well, I guess purpose of it was no one saw the tap out, but the crowd was more confused than anything.

They explained the rules before the match started, so...Brooklyn probably didn't listen to New Day's 101 on Hip Hop.

Crowd was dead for most of the show. Crowds can't even stay hot for a 3 hour Raw. Add an extra hour, plus an hour pre-show, and you're going to blame the crowd being dead 4 hours into the night on the women?

Penguin

Crowd was dead for most of the show. Crowds can't even stay hot for a 3 hour Raw. Add an extra hour, plus an hour pre-show, and you're going to blame the crowd being dead 4 hours into the night on the women?

Oh no, I totally get that 4 hours is way too long for a show.

Especially one that was so oddly paced

KingBroly

Banned
They should've started with the Tag Match. The New Day are the most face-like heels right now. A Stone Cold tag team, if you will.

I don't get why Owens/Cesaro was so high up on the card, though. I mean, it was a great match, and probably match of the night when you consider it was just a straight up wrestling match with no shit finish.

They should've started with the Tag Match. The New Day are the most face-like heels right now. A Stone Cold tag team, if you will.

I don't get why Owens/Cesaro was so high up on the card, though. I mean, it was a great match, and probably match of the night when you consider it was just a straight up wrestling match with no shit finish.

Oh no, I totally get that 4 hours is way too long for a show.

Especially one that was so oddly paced

The crowd barely reacted to anything even at the start of the show. The same arena was hotter for the Vaudvillains the night before than almost anything at Summerslam.

It was the cool down spot that used to belong to the Divas. A straight match with no shenanigans is what you need after a title match with Jon Stewart and before a main event with a controversial finish. People wouldn't have batted an eye of the Divas match had been put in that position.

Penguin

The crowd barely reacted to anything even at the start of the show. The same arena was hotter for the Vaudvillains the night before than almost anything at Summerslam.

It was the cool down spot that used to belong to the Divas. A straight match with no shenanigans is what you need after a title match with Jon Stewart and before a main event with a controversial finish. People wouldn't have batted an eye of the Divas match had been put in that position.

Hmm maybe it was different in person, but they seemed to have been into a lot of things throughout the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom