• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summerslam 2015 |OT| He hath loosed the fateful lightning of his terrible swift sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
What really makes that finish sting for me is that Lesnar flipping off Taker before passing out, while certainly pretty silly, is pretty much the perfect way you beat Lesnar without hurting his credibility. He looks like a badass for not tapping. It's a real shame they had that nonsense shenanigans with the ring bell and the low blow to set it up.

Yeah I loved that Taker tapped and Lesnar didn't

This whole thing reeks regardless. If there is some story with the authority here, they just told it poorly

The WWE's #2 show of the year just had a ringbell false finish/tapout clusterfuck in the main event, a double countout, and a match ending with Jon Stewart interference

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
ZofX6hc.gif

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
rollins really brought it tonight glad he won, however as much as i hate cenas character he as a wrestler has really improved and has probably had some of the most memorable matches this year yet, lets hope rollins can continue to do well as well.

Amory

That wasn't a show worthy of the "Summerslam" name. But that's kind of the problem with the WWE network. They have a certain number of subscribers paying a flat rate every month, there's no reason to differentiate the big 4 from any other PPV anymore. Except wrestlemania I guess.

ElRenoRaven

They could have done that whole sequence without ringing the bell and confusing people. Ref counts the pin, misses the tap, Heyman sees the tap, Brock feels it and lets go, Heyman argues with the ref, nutshot, Brock passes out.

Exactly. That's why it makes zero sense at all. As you showed they could have done the entire thing without the confusing bell ringer shit.

The revolution isn't helping establish who the NXT women are at all.

If you don't watch NXT what would you know about Sasha except that she calls herself the boss? What would you know about Becky at all?

The faction aspect is stifling their actual characters.

Could not agree more, they have done nothing to establish these women as characters

orioto

Good Art™
The match was really god, with incredible psychology (like every Brock match) and intensity. Everyone is calling taker grampa wheen he's not even doing a shitty short match with resting holds etc.. he's fucking physical, way more than many of the young guys.

And the finish, who gives a shit lol. Now indeed the Taker heel turn is super weird.. They tried it when he cost brock his match against Rollins and the crowd cheered like crazy. They had to make him dick kick him again at RAW, then people understood he was meant to be heel. But what's the point at his age ?

I think it could be Taker's will there. I think all that is to cement Lesnar as legendary face. That middle finger before passing out is some indiana jones shit in wrestling language.

Taker didn't lose its streak to Lesnar for nothing. it seems it's his mission to make Lesnar a super face in the company. Even if that means tapping out and turning heel.

gotta admit the middle finger by lesnar before passing out was perfect though im kind of wondering if that was all taker and lesnar because i cant see vince ok that in todays wwe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom