• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summerslam 2015 |OT| He hath loosed the fateful lightning of his terrible swift sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict that they all realise how little sense that made by tomorrow night and they start a week long angle where it's finally revealed that Kevin Nash rung the bell. The month after we discover that he only did it because he received a snapchat from Kevin Nash telling him to.

NastyBook

Fuck it, watching NXT Takeover now. Tyler Breeze's intro is fucking incredible. Dude's selfie stick is covered in fur. They need to write him into Zoolander 2 somehow.

BasilZero

tumblr_ntkf980pjI1rdx8ebo1_540.gif

This is instant legend status.

I'm glad Rollins won! New Day champs again!

Everything else was...uhh ok I guess. Cesaro vs Owens was ok.

I wouldn't call it a piss break if it were a title match or you know ANYTHING with ANY KIND OF STAKES instead of literally just a filler Raw match that just happens to be longer because it's elimination.

I just don't understand this line of thinking. The thread goes crazy for random Cesaro/Owens matches on TV with no stakes, but when it comes to the women, if it isn't a 6 month build, it must be pointless. You can't just throw a ton of people out there with angles. You have to build them up first and then get angles going. NXT women aren't well known to everyone.The revolution is right now setting the table for who the women are, what they can do, and what can happen in the future for women's wrestling.

What really makes that finish sting for me is that Lesnar flipping off Taker before passing out, while certainly pretty silly, is pretty much the perfect way you beat Lesnar without hurting his credibility. He looks like a badass for not tapping. It's a real shame they had that nonsense shenanigans with the ring bell and the low blow to set it up.

Kusagari

Lesnar making it seem like he was the first person to make Taker tap out. This could be like the Hart-Austin double turn in some ways. Lesnar doesn't look bad because he didn't tap out he was defiant till the end. Taker still gains credibility because he went toe-to-toe with Lesnar without it being fairly one-sided like the WM match.

The problem is Taker will never get consistently booed.

Zabka

They could have done that whole sequence without ringing the bell and confusing people. Ref counts the pin, misses the tap, Heyman sees the tap, Brock feels it and lets go, Heyman argues with the ref, nutshot, Brock passes out.

Kusagari

I just don't understand this line of thinking. The thread goes crazy for random Cesaro/Owens matches on TV with no stakes, but when it comes to the women, if it isn't a 6 month build, it must be pointless. You can't just throw a ton of people out there with no angles. You have to build them up first and then get angles going. NXT women aren't well known to everyone.The revolution is right now setting the table for who the women are, what they can do, and what can happen in the future for women's wrestling.

The revolution isn't helping establish who the NXT women are at all.

If you don't watch NXT what would you know about Sasha except that she calls herself the boss? What would you know about Becky at all?

The faction aspect is stifling their actual characters.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I would have been fine with Taker going for the dick kick, hell's gate, brock gives the finger and passes out. The whole bell shit just messes everything up.

Kaiterra

Banned
I just don't understand this line of thinking. The thread goes crazy for random Cesaro/Owens matches on TV with no stakes, but when it comes to the women, if it isn't a 6 month build, it must be pointless. You can't just throw a ton of people out there with no angles. You have to build them up first and then get angles going. NXT women aren't well known to everyone.The revolution is right now setting the table for who the women are, what they can do, and what can happen in the future for women's wrestling.

I didn't give a shit about the Cesaro/Owens match either. There's a difference between expectations for a Raw match and a PPV match. Though at least Cesaro and Owens have had something resembling a story to work with rather than WE'RE ALL ON ARBITRARILY DECIDED TEAMS AND GONNA DO WRESTLES NOW K. It's not a bias against women's wrestling because Bayley vs. Sasha was the best match of the weekend and one of the best of the whole year. It's just that they're not even trying to make it compelling here.

Ithil

I just don't understand this line of thinking. The thread goes crazy for random Cesaro/Owens matches on TV with no stakes, but when it comes to the women, if it isn't a 6 month build, it must be pointless. You can't just throw a ton of people out there with angles. You have to build them up first and then get angles going. NXT women aren't well known to everyone.The revolution is right now setting the table for who the women are, what they can do, and what can happen in the future for women's wrestling.

What have they established about any of the women so far?

galvatron

Lesnar making it seem like he was the first person to make Taker tap out. This could be like the Hart-Austin double turn in some ways. Lesnar doesn't look bad because he didn't tap out he was defiant till the end. Taker still gains credibility because he went toe-to-toe with Lesnar without it being fairly one-sided like the WM match.

In some ways? They were begging for it...Brock bleeds then flips bird and passes out? Heyman might as well have revived him with a steveweiser...

When will they learn that casual viewers don't think enough during matches to understand double turns (even when you do it 2 times in a row). Never mind that you can't turn taker on his last run...didn't work for Austin either, so more similarities there.

jett

D-Member
This was a fun show.

I don't get the point of the ending, but whatever. I'll hang on to the WWE free month, but I doubt I'll keep it more than that.

akileese

How can booking be so damn difficult for this company? Fucking morons.

They think by doing the Dustyest of all Dusty finishes they're protecting both guys, but really they're hurting them both. I guarantee this is what they thought. They needed a way to book a rubber match without having either one of them lose. The easiest solution would have been to not have the match but we can't have that now can we!?

The revolution isn't helping establish who the NXT women are at all.

If you don't watch NXT what would you know about Sasha except that she calls herself the boss? What would you know about Becky at all?

The faction aspect is stifling their actual characters.

What have they established about any of the women so far?

You would know that they can actually wrestle and aren't just models out there because they're hot. Which, right now, is more important than character stuff. And if people would watch Smackdown, they'd actually see character work and promos AND long matches.

It took a while for NXT to get any storylines with their women's division, too. It was just straight wrestling matches that went longer than anything you'd see on Raw/Smackdown for many months before any actual angles started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom