• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summerslam 2015 |OT| He hath loosed the fateful lightning of his terrible swift sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrage

I'll be the 10th to say it, but dude saying the crowd was dead doesn't know what a hot crowd is. That crowd was rocking, with a dead spot for the divas and Owens/Cesaro. To say the crowd wasn't into it is insane.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
In some ways I don't care about the fuck finish because there were literally no actual stakes here. The streak is long gone and Brock doesn't look any weaker when he "loses" on a fuck finish.

Honestly the only thing about it that bugs me is how incredibly obvious the reasoning for it is.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wow really? The crowd was silent for that match and I was watching the WWE stream. It was the designated piss break and it sounded like fans responded appropriately.
Yeah, two super over wrestlers following a Bellas match were the designated piss break.

New Day are the fucking best.

Xavier being such a goddamn asshole after splatting Torito
Kofi glitching out/doing the booty dance after he stole the pin
Big E gettin' down

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I had a good time, I guess NXT was more fun for me cause I was discovering a lot of people for the first time, where Im more familiar with what WWE has to offer.

The Divas (ugh) match was bad because they let all the bad performers hog the limelight. Charlotte is awesome but wasnt allowed to do anything for 20 mins. Lynch is great also but most of her time was spend rolling around on the floor. Let these people fight 1 on 1, give them a couple matches per PPV and build actual storylines that dont have to involve the entire female division at once ... then youll probably get some better matches.

Seth could be their Cornflake
anigif_enhanced-buzz-14643-1375120680-21.gif
The black community wants a word with you

Nah you're good I actually laughed

In some ways I don't care about the fuck finish because there were literally no actual stakes here. The streak is long gone and Brock doesn't look any weaker when he "loses" on a fuck finish.

Honestly the only thing about it that bugs me is how incredibly obvious the reasoning for it is.

It's about much, much more than streaks or titles. It's about Taker literally passing on the mythology of what it means to be "the phenom" to Brock. Ending the streak was only the first part of the story. It's about a man desperately clinging to the mythology he has built for himself and seeing it crumble before his eyes as the next generation swallows it up and makes it its own.

This is like Christianity using Pagan holidays as their own, or adapting the Gita to their own ends. Like the Quran adapting Jewish/Christian stories to apply more directly to its followers. This is about so much more than streaks and titles. This is Brock Lesnar consuming the myth of the Undertaker, one chapter at a time.

Yeah, two super over wrestlers following a Bellas match were the designated piss break.

Wait. When women were in that spot, it was the piss break. But because it was now filled by two men the internet is into, it isn't? The spot before the main event of a big show has always been the piss break match, regardless of who was in it.

OctoMan

Banned
He's saying the match before the main event is the usually the piss break (and he's correct because wwe put the divas there typically for a reason). Wasn't a shot at Owens or Cesaro I don't think.

Ithil

It's about much, much more than streaks or titles. It's about Taker literally passing on the mythology of what it means to be "the phenom" to Brock. Ending the streak was only the first part of the story. It's about a man desperately clinging to the mythology he has built for himself and seeing it crumble before his eyes as the next generation swallows it up and makes it its own.

This is like Christianity using Pagan holidays as their own, or adapting the Gita to their own ends. Like the Quran adapting Jewish/Christian stories to apply more directly to its followers. This is about so much more than streaks and titles. This is Brock Lesnar consuming the myth of the Undertaker, one chapter at a time.

Wait. When women were in that spot, it was the piss break. But because it was now filled by two men the internet is into, it isn't? The spot before the main event of a big show has always been the piss break match, regardless of who was in it.
The Divas piss break was a short, meaningless match they put on between the two big matches, meant to get no reaction and just give the crowd a break.

Owens and Cesaro was obviously not intended to be that way, given the fast paced work.

Baby girls.

Roman Reigns vs. Barack Lesnar II at Wrestlemania 32.

I can feel it. With Undertaker being the scared little boy he is, it's clear the ONE MAN is going to be the man to stop Barack Lesnar.

There's no stopping this Reigns train.

Balee Dat.
SPOILER Roman gets released for failing a major drug test.

According to several sources in WWE, the original plan for WWE’s “Divas Revolution” called for Charlotte to win the title from Nikki Bella almost immediately upon arrival, and for Charlotte, Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch to dominate the incumbents. But John Cena, acting on behalf of girlfriend Nikki Bella, went to Vince McMahon and had that squashed.

The result is the booking we are seeing now in the Divas Revolution on WWE TV, with Divas old and new trading wins, just like the men.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/611995-backstage-divas-revolution-news

Cena with them backstage POWAHS!

The Divas piss break was a short, meaningless match they put on between the two big matches, meant to get no reaction and just give the crowd a break.

Owens and Cesaro was obviously not intended to be that way, given the fast paced work.

Listen guy, I know you like Owens and Cesaro, but that was the piss break match. The match had zero stakes and had a significant amount of time dedicated to chinlocks. Tell me, what did either man gain from that match? Is KO now the number one contender to something? He defeated a guy he's pinned two or three times in a month and a half. Had Cesaro won, he beat a guy who lost the night before in a ladder match. It was the definition of a no stakes, easy to skip match. It had less build and stakes than anything on the show, including the divas match (which was also a longer match).

Absolutely the piss break match.

So, if Seth joins New Day, does he technically become a tag champ? Like how Xavier is 1/3 champ.

Also, awesome job by Stephen Amell. Being a huge wrestling fan, he must have loved every second of it.

Great PPV. My only complaint is that Team B.A.D didn't win the divas match.

Ithil

Listen guy, I know you like Owens and Cesaro, but that was the piss break match. The match had zero stakes and had a significant amount of time dedicated to chinlocks. Tell me, what did either man gain from that match? Is KO now the number one contender to something? He defeated a guy he's pinned two or three times in a month and a half. Had Cesaro won, he beat a guy who lost the night before in a ladder match. It was the definition of a no stakes, easy to skip match. It had less build and stakes than anything on the show, including the divas match (which was also a longer match).

Absolutely the piss break match.

I'm not your guy, buddy.

NastyBook

Just finished Bayley/Banks... There was your Diva's revolution.

That match was fucking FLAWLESS. Banks is gonna have to do some serious heavy lifting on the main roster, cuz the talent there hasn't had a match anywhere near the caliber of what I just saw.

Congrats to Bayley and her incredible mid-section. I am super jealous of it.

That final high-risk maneuver, too. OMG.

Moofers

Taker Lesnar end was strange. Cena Rollins end was strange. Best match was the 4-way tag. So much awesomeness there! I also enjoyed the Divas match but it was a hair too long.

The rest were entertaining. I was pretty happy overall.

Btw, first time watching wrestling in years.

NastyBook

NEW. DAY. ROCKS..
Pitch pipes to C, my friend.

Darren Young's beatdown in this tag match is just hard to watch. Why is he the guy that this keeps happening to? It happened it before, but it feels worse here, for some reason.

Oh, hell no. Just noticed he was bleeding from his mouth before Titus' hot tag. Fuck that noise.

Pissing me off that I couldn't find a post I left after Jon Stewart was announced for Summer Slam, I must not have gone through with posting it.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The PPV wasn't bad, but the match finishes were strange all over the place tonight. Night started off with a double countout and ended with the timekeeper calling the end of a match that was missed by the ref (and the live cameras), then overriden by the ref.

Just fucking odd

Bowser

The PPV wasn't bad, but the match finishes were strange all over the place tonight. Night started off with a double countout and ended with the timekeeper calling the end of a match that was missed by the ref (and the live cameras), then overriden by the ref.

Just fucking odd

Night started with 2 clean pins tho

kirblar

Just fucking odd
It's the problem with modern WWE booking- nothing ever resolves, nothing ever ends, its just this stream of ennui.

Thank god for HHH and the NXT team, who clearly remember the late '90s/early '00s and what made that work.

RobbieNick

What the hell was up with John Cena tonight? Rollins was carrying him the first half of the match and Cena seemed really sluggish. Whether you like Cena or not, he can usualy put on a solid match.

BTW, that new orange "15 Championship wins" shirt of his pretty much spoiled the ending to the match. Also, the Jon Stewart bit was stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom