• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive Coming To PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinFTW

What because telling people to buy the console for a single game they are interested in is the right thing to do? If they wanted the game so much then they will go buy the console anyway without anyone telling them to do so.

Sometimes there are also circumstances that would prevent people from being able to afford more than one console so they might not deem it as worth to buy an xbox one as well.

I find any posts which state someone should "just buy the console" as pretty gross and crass.

Did you honestly even read what the guy was complaining about? Did you?

There are others who feel the same besides the two posts there, btw.

Not to mention, I'm 99% sure you saw that ridiculous post and probably searched for other posts saying "buy an Xbox One" and then decided "oh my, I'm gonna group these together, they must all be the same ridiculous thing and I'll just ignore the context completely!!!!".

The guy was complaining its unfair he can't play Insomniacs games even though he loves them because of a lack of loyalty to its PS userbase.

Are you saying all those Xbox owners complaining about Destinys exclusive DLC are right too and anybody saying to get a PS4 to experience the PLAYSTATION exclusive content are gross and crass too?

Hmm. Anyways, I won't continue to discuss this with you if you're going to just shit on users in an attempt to make sure nobody takes them seriously ever again on NeoGAF just to prove a point that you don't even understand (in context).

I think you're missing the point. It's not because its exclusive, at least not for me.

It's because its Insomniac. I don't care much for Xbox exclusives because I've never played those franchises before. They weren't previously on PlayStation and the new and upcoming exclusives won't ever be on PlayStation so why worry about it?

But I've played Insomniac games since the PS2 days and absolutely love the developer. I wish them tons of success with this game. Doesn't mean I don't wish I could play it on one of the two major game systems I use. Last I heard that Ratchet game was essentially a glorified movie tie-in. It's a complete retcon of the story. Until I see more, I don't see the point in pointing that one out as if throwing PlayStation fans a bone is enough to distract from the fact that I'm not able to help support a company I followed for ages. Business is business, and I'm not upset at them for taking this chance. It's the best offer they could have gotten. It'll be great to see how it helps them grow.

Plus, the original question was "why is this so long on something so silly". I can assure you, to PlayStation Insomniac fans, it isn't really all that silly to hope for more chances to play their next game.

1.) Port begging
2.) Glorified movie tie-in (downplaying IGs effort with the reboot)
3.) A complete redone R&C is only a "bone"
4.) Company I supported for ages.... yet won't support it on a new console. If he really wanted to be loyal and support IG, he could buy an Xbox One to do so, which was my point.
5.) Doesn't say a single thing about his financial situation. If he had, I wouldn't have told him to get an X1.

But hey, continue to defend this post and shit on people making valid points. Great job.

Bgamer90

Banned
What because telling people to buy the console for a single game they are interested in is the right thing to do? If they wanted the game so much then they will go buy the console anyway without anyone telling them to do so.

Sometimes there are also circumstances that would prevent people from being able to afford more than one console so they might not deem it as worth to buy an xbox one as well.

I find any posts which state someone should "just buy the console" as pretty gross and crass.

Heh, there's a difference between stating that after someone says they don't have the money to do so, and doing it when they didn't provide any information about their financial situation.

From what I've seen in this thread, just about everything fits under the latter. Therefore, how else would a person respond? Saying you really want something to a person with that person replying "why don't you get it?" seems perfectly fine. Is it now rude to not ask about a person's financial situation before stating that? What in the world....

Off topic but is this true?

Our California and North Carolina studios will work on the game together – marking our deepest cross-country collaboration since the Durham studio was founded in 2009. Many of the original developers responsible for the very first Ratchet & Clank game will get an opportunity to create the stunning Solana Galaxy our fans have been clamoring for. Longtime Design Director Brian Allgeier, North Carolina Studio Director Chad Dezern and Game Director Shaun McCabe will lead the project.

:D

Please don't even start with this bs, you will find people shitting on games in any thread for any plattform.
Try a Driveclub or Infamous thread for example.

The funny thing is it has taken a disaster like Driveclub and months of poor PSN service to get a peep out of people here. You just mention MS or Xbox and shit hits the fan in every thread.

Yeah, NeoGaf is fair and balanced. The Fox News of videogame forums.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Sorry guys, looks like its staying on Xbox one for now.

But hey this is the perfect chance to pick up the Sunset Overdrive bundle! I'm getting the game on Tuesday, I'm excited and can't wait. It's going to be pure fun.

All the PS4 and PC fans should consider buying an Xbox one. There's also FH2, Halo and a bunch of other fun games in the pipeline. This isn't even about 1080p or 60 FPS. It's about fun!

cartoons_eye1-1.jpg

Anyway, for the foreseable future, it seems it's staying Xbox One exclusive. If it's ever coming to PC, or if there are plans of such a release (IP being owned by Insomniac) then we'll get word later down the line. I dont think MS would ink a deal these days without some fine print saying that the dev's should not be able to talk about other platform releases after "x" amount of months.

farisr

The funny thing is it has taken a disaster like Driveclub and months of poor PSN service to get a peep out of people here. You just mention MS or Xbox and shit hits the fan in every thread.

Oh please. You clearly didn't read any driveclub threads before the game released. BEFORE there were any known issues with the game.

Skyzard

Banned
They can't legally. If MS says no to a sequel Insomniac can then go to any pub to look for funding. AFAIK if MS says no to a PC port they can't do one at all.

Hmm... well that sucks.

Maybe MS will be generous. Although interest probably drops off pretty quick too so maybe 2-6 months is a better compromise.

Do you know why there is a difference when it comes to PC?

Tregard

Soothsayer
The thirst is real!

Can't wait for the day that MS embraces PC gaming with universal releases. I would love to buy just once and play anywhere.

For now though I'm excited to finally play this game in a couple of days. :)

Are you suggesting PC Cross-buy?

Because that would be insane and wonderful.

Why are people saying the gameplay sucks? Has the game had bad reviews? I thought it looked fun. I thought it looked very similar to Infamous and everyone seemed to be all over that game. Not sure why though.

Some site gave it a bad review. Apparently today that's enough for people to decide the game is bad.

UnrealEck

What makes you think it's so unrealistic? Alan Wake came to PC. Ryse, Dead Rising etc came to PC.

I wouldn't be surprised at all

As soon as I saw Quantum Break, I thought that would make its way to PC eventually too since it's Remedy.
But, then I read that they have some sort of funding from Microsoft, so chances are probably slim.

You can play D4 without Kinect at all, so that's not really an issue at all.

Of course you can, but the game creator sees Kinect are vital to playing the game. Would he be willing to develop it for PC without those features he sees as vital to the gameplay?

Bad sales of XB1 version might hurt it's chances, but Kinect 2.0 is out on PC I believe, so there wouldn't be any need to strip Kinect features.

True, but then that would add an extra layer of cost to development and D4 was only made because MS directly funded its development. My question is who will fund the development of D4 for PC and who would publish it?

I could see D4, i mean they brought over Deadly Premonition and i mean Kinect is really good on D4 but not esentiall.
QB I dont see it happening at all but slight chance if Remedy begs like last time.

I forgot about DP on PC, so I guess that's a good point. Has D4 sold as much or have as big a cult following as DP did to justify a PC port?

Even MS seems to have bailed from the IP and they were the ones to funded its development. I can't imagine Access would be so eager to port it to PC if MS bails from further supporting the IP.

But hey this is the perfect chance to pick up the Sunset Overdrive bundle! I'm getting the game on Tuesday, I'm excited and can't wait. It's going to be pure fun.

All the PS4 and PC fans should consider buying an Xbox one. There's also FH2, Halo and a bunch of other fun games in the pipeline. This isn't even about 1080p or 60 FPS. It's about fun!

WOW you must have failed astroturfing 101 hard because you're meant to make the message somewhat subtle.

Yeah, NeoGaf is fair and balanced. The Fox News of videogame foru
ms.

Sigh,,,. If you have a problem with something, bring it up with a mod. Don't just post this...

Xando

People hated on Driveclub way before this whole server issue same as they do for The Order or anything that has to do with Firmware or PSN.
In such a big board there is always someone who doesn't like a game/console.

I take it you miss all the threads where we talk shit on Sony every time PSN breaks, or when stability firmware releases?

Oh that's right they don't fit your narrative

Lazaro

Oh well, if there is a PC version they'll announce it six months from now. That's how long Microsoft likes to keep PC sales from affecting Xbox One sales.

Doesn't bother me, I've already pre-ordered when I brought my Xbox One.

GnawtyDog

Banned

This thread is full of .....stuff...... now we talking Driveclub....

Funny, yesterday someone was complaining about the size of the Xbox One and the thread turned into PS4 "fan noise"....there are warriors on both sides working hard.

Not sure if serious or seriously tickled....

abadguy

Banned
I always laugh at the amount of pages these kinds of threads (as well as the Videogamer.com thread and resolution thread for SO) compared to regular SO threads.

Also were people just being accused of "shilling" because they dared say positive things about the XB1? Because i see similar posts regarding the PS4 all the time here. Shall we accuse those people of "shilling" for Sony?

Nzyme32

So what 'true' exclusives does the XboxOne have?

Until this thread, I don't think I realised how much these situations effect those who purchase a console solely for the "exclusives". I don't think I have been in that situation for the most part of using consoles or PC, simply because my decisions were always based on what I always had (nintendo) and then later features of each system along with titles coming that I liked, more often than not though - multiplatform titles. The term exclusive is so continually obfuscated outside of first party titles, I have to wonder why some people make these decisions based solely on that.

Rembrandt

Banned
Nope. Are you implying it's because the game's on Xbox that people dislike it?

Considering a lot of posters in this thread are recognizable by their countless negative MS posts, yeah, some people definitely dislike it just because it's on XB1. Same with Ryse (until that came to PC) and DR3 (Until that came to PC) and the same thing will happen to TItanfall if it goes multiplatform down the line.

Also this thread, unsurprisingly, turned into a port beg thread. but that's become the norm for this game recently.

The thirst is real!

Can't wait for the day that MS embraces PC gaming with universal releases. I would love to buy just once and play anywhere.

For now though I'm excited to finally play this game in a couple of days. :)

You've now implanted a fantastic idea in my head that MS SHOULD do, and will most likely not happen.

If Sunset Overdrive does come to PC, I'm gonna be in this strange position where when this gen started I wanted to have all 3 systems (I didn't have a 360 last gen), and now I'm actually losing reasons to get an XBone because I have a PC I built.

That's really not true. Pop into the DC server thread, people are calling for Evo to be shut down, there are petitions, etc.

Same with PSN issue threads, they are often full of people complaining pretty loudly about the service and what they are paying for.

Subtle.

Chobel

Jesus Christ!

kpaadet

Obvious mistake. Good lord how is this thread so big in somethig so silly?

This is GAF, there have been bigger threads over smaller rumors, anyway can you confirm if Sunset Overdrive will ever come to PC? Or you can blink twice if its coming but can't say because of a contract violation.

Kayant

Worse part of this post is that it's actually serious. SMH.

Dmented

Banned

Dat sales pitch. You should apply at Microsoft, man.
Assuming you don't already work there ;)

Etnos

Banned
So what 'true' exclusives does the XboxOne have?

So far doing better than the PS4 on the CONSOLE exclusive front. Sure you can't get a PC to play some of those, but then you can also get a PC to play with superior hardware and visuals to the ones of a PS4... ohh wait I though that argument doesn't apply because some people just want to play on consoles and "reasons"

Rembrandt

Banned
the idea of GAF not leaning more towards Sony is more laughable, tbh. I know not to say GAF is a hivemind, but some of these responses seem oblivious to the average postings on here.

I know you're banned, but for anyone else that thinks like this, just go into an DC thread or hell, go into a The Order thread and you'll see this isn't some witch hunt against X1. The fact is, the PS4 is selling a lot better, and I'd wage a larger amount of gaffers own it rather than an X1 which obviously leads to a bias towards that platform. Just like last gen, when the 360 dominated NA and thus it was the center of discussion for most of the gen. It just so happens that this gen the tables favor the PS4 so much more than they ever favored the 360 over Ps3.

Both of threads are full of actual complaints for the most part instead of the shit you see in a lot of XB1 threads. Sure there are some hyperbolic posts here, but I mean a mod put no port begging in the reveal for Bloodbourne but we've seen consistent port begging in almost every single SO thread. We get at least 1 "Is Titanfall dead/did Titanfall flop/Will Titanfall go to PS4" thread a month and damn near every thread about a XB1 game will devolve into an argument about either framerate or resolution. It's really not hard to see that GAF is a Sony leaning site which makes all the refusals every time it's brought up more funny.

GnawtyDog

Banned
So far doing better than the PS4 on the CONSOLE exclusive front. Sure you can't get a PC to play some of those, but then you can also get a PC to play with superior hardware and visuals to the ones of a PS4... ohh wait I though that argument doesn't apply because some people just want to play on consoles and "reasons"

Maybe you should understand your own confirmation bias.

Nice stealth edit.

I know you're banned, but for anyone else that thinks like this, just go into an DC thread or hell, go into a The Order thread and you'll see this isn't some witch hunt against X1. The fact is, the PS4 is selling a lot better, and I'd wage a larger amount of gaffers own it rather than an X1 which obviously leads to a bias towards that platform. Just like last gen, when the 360 dominated NA and thus it was the center of discussion for most of the gen. It just so happens that this gen the tables favor the PS4 so much more than they ever favored the 360 over Ps3.

W.S.

Sometimes there are also circumstances that would prevent people from being able to afford more than one console so they might not deem it as worth to buy an xbox one as well as whichever other console they might already own or plan to purchase.

No one is "telling him what to do".

He's stated that he's a huge fan of Insomniac and wants to support their games so why would buying the console for a game he really wants to play be considered being a MS rep instead of a logical suggestion? Waiting for a possible PC port is certainly an option but that doesn't make him seem that devoted to the studio if that's the case.

Whether he wants to ignore the other exclusives is up to him but the console certainly offers more than just one game to play.

Rising_Hei

It doesn't matter what they say with the precedents we have, i'll believe them when 6-12 months happen after the release of the Xbox ONE version if there isn't any announcement for the PC

legacyzero

Banned
#Xboss steppin in. Hasn't this dev never released on PC before?

Also, for those yelling fake, Doesn't these ads have to be approved?

LOL wow...

i9K6NEn8jgxdV.gif

Until this thread, I don't think I realised how much these situations effect those who purchase a console solely for the "exclusives". I don't think I have been in that situation for the most part of using consoles or PC, simply because my decisions were always based on what I always had (nintendo) and then later features of each system along with titles coming that I liked, more often than not though - multiplatform titles. The term exclusive is so continually obfuscated outside of first party titles, I have to wonder why some people make these decisions based solely on that.

When you're console is technically inferior in almost every way (gaming wise at least), I'd say that exclusives are truly the only thing that would get people to choose yours over the competitor. So in this case, for X1, they really do matter. If the perception of "all Xbox games go to PC" continues to strengthen, it'll just be another blow that they really don't need. MS needs to get a hold on things and keep more than just Halo and Forza on Xbox only.

Lemondish

Did you honestly even read what the guy was complaining about? Did you?

There are others who feel the same besides the two posts there, btw.

Not to mention, I'm 99% sure you saw that ridiculous post and probably searched for other posts saying "buy an Xbox One" and then decided "oh my, I'm gonna group these together, they must all be the same ridiculous thing and I'll just ignore the context completely!!!!".

The guy was complaining its unfair he can't play Insomniacs games even though he loves them because of a lack of loyalty to its PS userbase.

Are you saying all those Xbox owners complaining about Destinys exclusive DLC are right too and anybody saying to get a PS4 to experience the PLAYSTATION exclusive content are gross and crass too?

Hmm. Anyways, I won't continue to discuss this with you if you're going to just shit on users in an attempt to make sure nobody takes them seriously ever again on NeoGAF just to prove a point that you don't even understand (in context).

1.) Port begging
2.) Glorified movie tie-in (downplaying IGs effort with the reboot)
3.) A complete redone R&C is only a "bone"
4.) Company I supported for ages.... yet won't support it on a new console. If he really wanted to be loyal and support IG, he could buy an Xbox One to do so, which was my point.
5.) Doesn't say a single thing about his financial situation. If he had, I wouldn't have told him to get an X1.

But hey, continue to defend this post and shit on people making valid points. Great job.

You're the one failing to make valid points because you continue to take things out of context and continue to remain hostile because someone dared to suggest buying an Xbox One wasn't worth it. I wasn't complaining about not playing an Insomniac game. I was providing an answer to a question that jstevenson asked. If you don't know, jstevenson is the community manager for Insomniac. He asked why this thread was getting so big on something so silly. I was trying to be honest in explaining how that might happen. If you don't want to read the thread, that's okay. Don't comment if you aren't going to follow the discussion properly, though.

1) The thread is about the game possibly being ported to PC and the post I was discussing was a question from the Insomniac community manager as to why this thread is big based on such a clearly silly marketing mistake. I don't see how that's port begging when I'm attempting to provide an honest answer. Discuss the answer if you want, but don't completely ignore the context - it comes off as idiotic and like you have some sort of axe to grind.

2&3) I was attempting to address the poster who used this as a reason to not get excited about the idea of SO coming to a platform I actually have. I repeat, I wasn't attempting to call R&C itself a bone, but instead was trying to address the argument that I shouldn't care about SO going to Xbox One because R&C Redux is coming to PS4. What the argument boils down to is "here's a bone, now shut up about SO". It was THAT argument I wanted to address, but I must not have been very clear about it and I apologize. Of course, I should have been more careful - I wasn't aware you were the type of person to intentionally misrepresent an argument let alone rewrite the narrative of a poorly articulated one.

4) Sometimes you have to kind of look at things rationally and realize that picking apart someone's arguments out of context is a shitty thing to do. Sometimes it makes no sense to purchase a $400 system for a single game when it appeared it might come to PC. After all, my post was in context of jstevenson asking how the thread got so big. It got big because people were legitimately excited about it coming to PC. Can people only be Insomniac fans if they go out and buy the white xbox one? Is that really what you're arguing?

Your attacks have derailed us enough, though, so I think this will be the last time I discuss this with you. By continuing to engage I'm becoming part of the problem, so have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom