• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Father Gasciogne
has been SLAIN!!!

Man, this early on, Bloodborne has set an absurdly high bar for boss fights. I honest to got hope something comes along to top that shit.

The excitement, the accomplishment, it's overflowing me. This is...good.
Woolies gonna shit himself when he finds out the
Cleric Beast
is the first boss
Get
Fucked
Boi

Ilvocare

Late as fuck reply time!

How can you think anything that looks like this could ever be anything but the coolest thing in the world?

WJe31Dr.gif

Too bad the series it's from is goddamn terrible.

You say that but if Star Driver made it into SRW it'd become the new Zeorymer except way prettier.
Also I saw the first 4 episodes and didn't think it was awful other than thinking that the first episode was actually the beginning of a sequel series to something else entirely.

PAT, YOU FUCKING SHIT, STOP TRYING TO RUIN THE STONER SUNSHINE WITH YOUR RASENGAN BULLSHIT!

He succeeded super hard and I laughed right along with him. RIP Ghetto Robo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0569Wt-cZ0
i should replay this on my emulator some day

Aaron picked the superior song here, but I was just reminded that Calling is actually playable DLC in Theatrhythm.

Tako

Chris's Top Games EVA
1. Pokemon Yellow
2. FF7
3. Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
4. Monster Rancher 3
5. Legend Of Zelda: Link To The Past/ Ocarina Of Time
6. GTA San Andreas
7. Super Mario Sunshine
8. Chrono Cross
9. Tony Hawks Underground 2
10. King Of Fighters '03

Ilvocare

Figured I'd also mention two things that happened recently.

-I watched the first three episodes of Hunter X Hunter on Monday. It was shown in the anime hole-in-the-wall my friend manages alongside the clearly inferior version of the first two episodes of Yu Yu Hakusho
which is the sub

I now fully understand Pat and Woolie's revulsion to the show and outright told my buddy that this is the hardest fucking sell he's ever done.

-Finally got onto DFO. Wow is that shit beta. Wow is playing with the original Korean dub really unssettling. And WOW
when did World of Warcraft Cataclysm happen???

Chris's Top Games EVA
1. Pokemon Yellow
2. FF7
4. Monster Rancher 3
6. GTA San Andreas
7. Super Mario Sunshine
8. Chrono Cross
10. King Of Fighters '03
Yellow at the top? I mean, sure, but gen one was a broken mess. I adore the game personally, but it's not top ten worthy imo.

mrmyhthef

There's obvious stuff I'm leaving out. No MGS, SMT, AA, and other games breaks my heart, but eh. These are the 9 games I love more than any I've ever played so that's how i ranked them.

Yeah those games would probably be how mine would look like.

Honestly the only game from your list that would be on mine is TW101. I'd definitely feel bad about leaving out some of those other games though.

Seriously, that second fight was not only on a whole other level from anything Miyazaki has done with the Souls series, but it really showed the benefits that come from staggering enemies with your gun. It's all so fucking incredible.

Nine ball is a tough fucker. I guess For Answer's White Lotus is a nod to Nine Ball, right?
Yeah, White Glint's placement in Line Ark at Rank 9 is a nod to Nine Ball, as well as him being super powerful. But still not quite on the same level. Although in the original games, Nine Ball was rank 1 and held that place longer than anyone ever did.

I mean, the fact an entire game was called Nine Breaker and devoted to training the player in AC combat, using a recreation of Nine Ball as the ideal model, is a testament to that thing's legacy.

Ilvocare

Chris's Top Games EVA
1. Pokemon Yellow
2. FF7
4. Monster Rancher 3
6. GTA San Andreas
7. Super Mario Sunshine
8. Chrono Cross
10. King Of Fighters '03

I don't understand the joke here.

Figured I'd also mention two things that happened recently.

-I watched the first three episodes of Hunter X Hunter on Monday. It was shown in the anime hole-in-the-wall my friend manages alongside the clearly inferior version of the first two episodes of Yu Yu Hakusho
which is the sub

I now fully understand Pat and Woolie's revulsion to the show and outright told my buddy that this is the hardest fucking sell he's ever done.

-Finally got onto DFO. Wow is that shit beta. Wow is playing with the original Korean dub really unssettling. And WOW
when did World of Warcraft Cataclysm happen???
Cain got pissed and nuked the world, but God fixed everything
least i think thats what happened

You're goddamn right! Up your arsenal gets too much credit, Going Commando was way funnier, the weapons were way better and the levels were much more imaginative.

Not to mention Angela was pretty hot for a cartoon mouse person.

What do you mean "for a cartoon mouse person"? I've seen your Sonic Adventure 2 LP

I guess I can do a list. No order, cause that's dumb.

-Super Metroid
-Metroid Prime
-Dark Souls
-Melee
-Third Strike
-NFL 2k5
-Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix
-MGS2
-Quake 2
-Fallout: New Vegas

Bloodborne is threatening super hard at breaking this.

Shackzam

It looks amazing too.

Most are like that, except for some
that give you info or even request stuff.
How far are you?

I literally beat the first boss and got into the beggining of the sewer section. Died and then quit because I had to do homework.

I'm utterly lost. And keep in mind I actually WATCHED Slap Up Party: Arad Senki the whole way through.

Should I just flood Aaron's inbox with... "adoration" art???

that anime has NOTHING to do with the games lore lol
theres probably a lore writeup somewhere on the fan sites but i dont feel like looking for it this late
maybe tomorrow though

Top Bottom