• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super DragonBall Z PS2 Thread (Review)

llTll

Banned
Green Biker Dude said:
Yeah, I think it did.

And Lyte Edge, what move do you like to have your characters inherit? From what I've seen Destructo Disk is the cheapest attack, going through all the other projectiles and stuff.

Also, have you found Goku's teleportation to be useful? You can't combo anything right out of it and the only attack you can use before it is Kamehameha, but the problem is that once you teleport Goku doesn't follow the target, so if he side steps he can easily dodge it. In fact, he can side step before you even teleport and Goku will still not turn around and the attack will miss.

it bombed because it sucks. just like i say. :D

if the game was good, it would have sold like Dragon Ball :B3

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
GaimeGuy said:
Back to DBZ argument:

I don't think it's that Fat Buu just became playful. I think he actually DID get weaker.

photo.php

Xdrive05

Just rented the game and beat it once.

7.9/10 and that's being extremely generous.

I beat the campaign mode in about 20 minutes. Should have been on the Wii.

Xdrive05 said:
Just rented the game and beat it once.

7.9/10 and that's being extremely generous.

I beat the campaign mode in about 20 minutes. Should have been on the Wii.
Everyone that is anyone knows that you base reviews of fighting games off of the campaign mode.

Ponn

Banned
Think I will pick this and the Naruto PS2 game up when they are 20 bucks. Oh, or maybe during the TRU video game sale this year.

Docpan

Seriously though, this game does suck ass. After all this hype of being a "true" fighting game, I actually find myself wishing it was more like Budokai 3 after all.

The bottom line is this. 3d Street Fighters suck. This plays exactly like a 3d street fighter. This is the kind of game that belongs in the arcades, not at home...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Docpan said:
Seriously though, this game does suck ass. After all this hype of being a "true" fighting game, I actually find myself wishing it was more like Budokai 3 after all.

The bottom line is this. 3d Street Fighters suck. This plays exactly like a 3d street fighter. This is the kind of game that belongs in the arcades, not at home...

LOL what??

And it was in the arcades first. This is a port.

LegatoB

OK, it's official. DBZ fans don't actually want a good videogame, they want a piece of crap which happens to have Goku, Vegeta, and every single minor character ever in the series and where lengthy non-interactive cutscenes of characters doing attacks happen when they mash buttons enough. Why they don't just go watch the series again is beyond me.

On the other hand, people who actually like fighting games will probably like this game.

LegatoB said:
OK, it's official. DBZ fans don't actually want a good videogame, they want a piece of crap which happens to have Goku, Vegeta, and every single minor character ever in the series and where lengthy non-interactive cutscenes of characters doing attacks happen when they mash buttons enough. Why they don't just go watch the series again is beyond me.

On the other hand, people who actually like fighting games will probably like this game.

I want 100 DB/Z characters. Even if most of them are clones, I just want to be able to play with any character I want.

Avalon

Pretty cool game.

The customization adds a lot to the game... but, honestly it really doesn't have all that much depth (which seem to be it's main selling point). I'm a bit dissapointed, but it's still a good game, definitely better then all the DBZ games release on the PS2 (though that doesn't say much).

Top Bottom