• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Lucky's Tale (Cute 3D platformer, Xbox One + W10PC)

gafneo

Banned
Why does MS need another red mascot when they already have one? Reskin this thing, give the flower breasts and call it Super Conker.

Wait, has it been actually confirmed that its $60?

Edit: Just saw that it's up on Amazon for pre-order and it is in fact $60. Thank god for the Prime discount then.

zulux21

Was secretly hoping that Conker would come on screen and chainsaw this fox in half lmao, would have made for an awesome reveal. This game looks like it can be good though.

Its pretty much sending that message being exclusive and all.

It's not something they can just rebrand. It's an existing brand.

Plus, even if it was, you can bet a lot of people would be pissed that it's not foul-mouthed R-rated Conker, and a return to happy kid-friendly Conker. If they were to retool the game that much you're talking about a lot bigger change than a reskin.

Even though it tricked me for a second or two, I thought this looked great.

Level design looked legit af. Real platforming, great look, good character design with zero "tude" and I like that.

SNURB

It looks charming and whimsy, probably the most genuine thing that caught my interest in the conference besides the DBZ game.

If I'm gonna be completely honest, I thought for a second that they were gonna fool us and have Conker come out of nowhere and starting shooting everything in sight like the Project Spark trailer, like a genuine prank. I guess not.

dh4niel

When the trailer first started I hoped in my heart of hearts that Conker would appear and shut the cutesy shit down and they'd announce Bad Fur Day 2. :(

It's nice to have some other options for young kids besides Lego games. My boys love playing games, but at 8 and 4 years old, they just aren't quite ready to start killing zombies. Glad to see something more kid friendly coming out.

Tain

By its end the VR game was actually kinda solid. Really good final boss.

I'll consider this if it's VR.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The game looks good and the character is cute, but for some reason it seems to me that the main character and the other characters don't have the same style.

BlakeofT

I also thought this was Conner haha.

But seriously, the movement speed is so slow in this game. They need to make the MC run faster.

This game looks so cute. Just got round to looking up some of the gameplay after it being a game that both my partner and kid took notice of during the xbox presser this year, and it just looks really nice and serene and the kind of thing MS needs in their portfolio. It's mentioned on their twitter and in a video interview they did with Shack News that it's an all new game and not a port, so that's good too. If it was just the VR game that would be a little hmmm, but this sounds good.

Alx

I really love the visual design of the game, the characters, animations, colours, everything is perfect. I'm not that much into platformers, but I may be tempted to buy it.
They even managed to do the "NPC talking gibberish" acceptable, unlike in traditional Rare games.

Top Bottom