• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Abe marketing op in Rio cost Nintendo zero.

horuhe

Following the ceremony, I posted that good ol" Nintendo meme on Twitter, and after reading this article, I realised it was even more appropriate than I thought.

Nintendo is the biggest publisher by far in Japan, I guess you know it.
It's quite impressive the amount of presence the company has, everywhere but everywhere in Japan.

That image reminds me a lot about the 2012 and 2013 Media Create threads, lol.

Snakeyes

This is the best one:
I raise you;
The problem is that Nintendo has serious problems with their core brand at the moment. The WiiU was a dismal failure and the aging 3DS is on the way out. Now is the time for Nintendo to provide concreate answers about the NX and what it means for the company's future, anything less can't assuage concerns about Nintendo's long-term future as a first-party platform holder. However, instead Nintendo chose to ignore these concerns and go to Rio, which is a completely tone deaf approach. The NX is still an untenable mystery, the WiiU is still a failure and 3DS sales won't be picking up. At this point Rio was just a mistake on Nintendo's part.

so much salt or bitterness against Nintendo.

Underwhelming installments to beloved franchises; mediocre 3DS announcements; while at the same time, throwing DMCA at arguably higher quality fanworks like monkey poop.

Not alot of people are happy about their tomfoolery in the past month.

Underwhelming installments to beloved franchises; mediocre 3DS announcements; while at the same time, throwing DMCA at arguably higher quality fanworks like monkey poop.

Not alot of people are happy about their tomfoolery in the past month.

That doesn't mean they have to spout ignorant ass shit about possible marketing decisions that turn out to be completely wrong.

OmegaFax

It's flattering for Nintendo to have that sort of recognition from their own government at the closing ceremony. It's really hard for people to not associate Hello Kitty, Mario, or Pac-Man from their Japanese origin.

Macrotus

I'm going to say, "I knew it".

It was obvious, at least to me and some other people here.

Had a hard time understanding why some people thought Nintendo payed them and also the same people saying its a waste of money to Nintendo.

CrisKre

I'm going to say, "I knew it".

It was obvious, at least to me and some other people here.

Had a hard time understanding why some people thought Nintendo payed them and also the same people saying its a waste of money to Nintendo.
Bias is the answer.

Top Bottom