• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Happy Meals at McDonald's now through May 22/chance to win Switch w/MK8D

i'm-a lovin' it.

GameSpot said:
Nintendo has again partnered with McDonald's to offer toys based on its franchises with Happy Meals.

From now until May 22, Happy Meal purchases will come with one of eight different toys. They may lack the same level of appeal or functionality of Amiibo figures, but they do each have a "special function." The translucent Mario, for instance, can light up different colors.

McDonald's is also offering the chance to win a Nintendo Switch and a copy of the upcoming Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Making a purchase at McDonald's and registering it in the restaurant chain's mobile app will provide you with one entry in the sweepstakes, while Happy Meal purchases will net you two entries. Alternatively, you can simply send an email once per day between now and May 22 to receive free entries. There are 100 bundles in all up for grabs.

l5G1qzL.jpg

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Good stuff, but not as good as the GOAT:

356c50f8ef7ee8199051b33c34526799.jpg

I never did get that Parakoopa. Oh well.

My favorite Happy Meal toys were the ones that were figures not doing anything - just standing still without some added accessory or pedestal. Mostly because I could add them to my other store bought toys without it looking too ridiculous. So I would've taken that Bowser and Yoshi over the old toys easily. Although I got a lot of mileage out of that Goomba.

Piers

Reminds me of how Sega supposedly pushed deadline of Sonic 3 earlier for the sake of Happy Meal promotion.

Zedark

Wow, another awesome marketing campaign. Nintendo are really putting their all into it this time. Great for the kids too!

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Gonna grab a happy meal tonight for the hell of it.

Coincidentally I think the last time I ate a full meal at McDonald's was around the time Mario Kart 8 was being promoted.

Vibed

Please make this a Nintendo/video game fast food toy thread lol

I always loved the 2002 Nintendo Superstars toys as a kid.

the odds of winning one LMFAO. it's a great way to sell you mcdonald but i'm not doing this. you are better off just paying for one.

Top Bottom