• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey Announced (Holiday 2017)

a916

The art style looks all over the place... the real world Sonic Adventure type setting looked awful. Especially the jump rope part.

Looks great. Pity about release but I wasn't one of the crazies who expected both main series Mario and Zelda at launch so not too bothered.

bumpkin

I don't know how I feel about this. Like others said, I got the Sonic '06 vibes. I also see the comparisons to Sonic Adventure as well.

Still, not at launch? Fuuuuu...

Euron

On one hand, I'm in love with the return to the openness of Mario 64

But on the other, I'm worried about that city. Seriously it's straight up Sonic 06 except the gameplay looks great which is a big difference but the contrast between Mario and the rest of the world looks so strange.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Talk about looking out of place. Also is this set on the 50's?
semttuloegs1q.png

I don't know how I feel about this. Like others said, I got the Sonic '06 vibes. I also see the comparisons to Sonic Adventure as well.

Still, not at launch? Fuuuuu...

Yeah, but it's Mario. Nintendo will absolutely not fuck this up. It's perhaps the most consistent game series around.

But the lack of it being a launch title is heartbreaking. Especially given so many insiders were claiming that it's either complete or near complete. :/

Top Bottom