• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey vs. Gravity Rush 2

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• Super Mario Odyssey

Votes: 162 63.0%
  • Gravity Rush 2

Votes: 95 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

42m9MVv.jpg

Fbh

Odyssey was a lot of fun, one of my favourite "main" 3D Mario games in years.

Gravity Rush was fun but disappointing. I really like the world and characters thought, hopefully it's no the last we see of them.

Last edited:

Redefine07

Damn , I forgot I have to play Gravity Rush 2 , do I need to get 1 also to enjoy or know the story ? (soz for the off-topic xD)
Gravity Rush 2 for me since I don't own a Switch.

R6Rider

Gold Member
SMO was good, but also reused 5 bossed like 3 times each and skimped on some of the later worlds. I haven't played Gravity Rush 2 yet, it's in my backlog still.

kunonabi

Man, both games were huge missed opportunities let down by awful mission design but I'll give the nod to Gravity Rush 2. The characters and lack of expectations going in make it a little less of a disappointment.

CrysisFreak

Banned
I'm a PS guy and I think they're both trash.
Couldn't finish either.
Odyssey with its shitty underwater section and also how cringy it sometimes is.
GR2 with the worst current-gen mission design by far. Like what the fuck. "Search for the 5 holes in the wall". No, fuck yourself. You look good though.

jaysius

Banned
I can't wait til OP does a food VS, Wagu Beef vs kraft diner.

I thought it was awful when Gamefaqs did these, those seemed lop sided sometimes, but even those were more 1:1 than this at least they paired LIKE games.

Last edited:

Codes 208

I picked the Japanese game.

correction: I picked the slightly less Japanese one.

(I was going to make a weeb joke regarding GR2, the ingredients are there but I got lazy. Mario Odyssey is however a really fun spiritual sequel to one of my favorite games of all time, so yeah that one)

Last edited:

Keihart

I like Kat and Gravity rush, but the lack of mechanical improvements from 1 to 2 dissapointed me, the combat never stopped being clunky, and stayed as clunky as in the first part and i'm a sucker for convoluted control schemes if they allow for cool things like Astral Chain for example.

Anyhow, Mario Odyssey was a return to form for me, i enjoyed that game a lot, very polished also.

Also, i even have the Union Creative HDGE PVC figure...but yeah, disappointing sequels are disappointing.
iu

Last edited:

Megatron

I’m confused by this pairing. How did Gravity Tush 2 even get an invite, and how can a Switch game be game of the generation when it has like 4 more years left? Shouldn’t Switch games (outside of the ones also on WiiU) be part of the next gen vote?

And that Typo on GR2’s name was an accident, but I loved it so I left it there.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I’m confused by this pairing. How did Gravity Tush 2 even get an invite, and how can a Switch game be game of the generation when it has like 4 more years left? Shouldn’t Switch games (outside of the ones also on WiiU) be part of the next gen vote?

And that Typo on GR2’s name was an accident, but I loved it so I left it there.
And shouldn’t you have a Megatron avatar?

d32j55y-b88bf6da-8fb2-47bf-8a7e-4f3e7d8525f5.jpg

Hudo

I really like Gravity Rush but I reeeeaaaalllly like Super Mario Odyssey. It's the second best 3D Mario. (The best 3D Mario is 3D World).

Pejo

Well, this is going to be my only chance to vote for Kat, so suck it Mario.

I really hope Gravity Rush is one of the IPs that Sony ports to PC.
CZZqE9E.jpg

Top Bottom