• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario SpaghettiOs Announced

Lumyst

If there was any video game related food I'd kill for them to bring back, it's gotta be those Nintendo Cream Sandwiches.

I remember the ice cream with Mario and Yoshi, where Mario's nose was a gum ball. The smell of diesel and asphalt, the rumbling of the Ice Cream truck, the Sikh man in a turban, running back inside to play N64. Ahhhhhh.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
tumblr_m08i966Ekq1rp5220o1_500.jpg

Jerrod

My niece got a can of this a week ago, guess they were late to announce it?

EDIT: Maybe there were the non-meatball versions. Definitely had Mario and Luigi on the can in the same pose.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Well, that's one way of re-introducing Mario to today's kids.

Darryl

Banned
i seen super mario campbell's chicken noodle in stores just a few days ago. it was on sale so i imagine it was new.

Effect

This is some 90's shit right there.

This is taking me back. :)

I wonder if SpaghettiOs still taste okay. I haven't had any in a long time due to the amount of sodium that was in them and in an number of canned goods like this. To much triggered migraines when I was kid and still does..

Toad.T

Banned
I dunno about any of you, but I feel disappointed at this news, to say the least.

I mean, everybody was looking forward to Mario's foray into next-gen pasta after Kraft's masterful Mario Mac N' Cheese. We wanted a reason to buy the next foodstuff from Campbells (Still can't believe Kraft went third party this gen. ;_;) after their disappointing first run of Nintendoland chicken noodle soup and lack of 3rd party ingredients. People were putting their hopes and dreams into this reveal, but instead of wowing people like their predecessors, they play it safe.

Super Mario Spaghettios looks like it has no soul. No sense of grand epicness that the Mac N' Cheese series had. Hell, it just looks like the previous pasta, the Heinz-developed Mario Pasta shapes! Campbell sales are tanking. They NEED to take risks. They NEED to treat their breadwinner seriously and not just slap him on every edible product they sell. Sure, others may say that they need entirely new food ideas, but if they can't even make the old ones better, then what's the point of trying new stuff?

The only thing worse would be Kellogg's making a fucking Donkey Kong breakfast cereal.

/s.

I had some Super Mario Campbells soup last night just for the hell of it. It hurt my stomach, like most canned soups do.

What the hell is that moon gif from?^

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
I'm excited about the SpaghettiOs and all, but now all I really want to know is what that moon gif is. 0_o

Top Bottom