• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Monkey Ball: BB - Single-Player Preview & Videos

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
These wii launch games surely aren't everybody's cup of tea because of the type of games they are, but they sure seem to be quality products.

chase

Wii needs fewer good games. I had written this off by saying, "Well, I don't need another Monkey Ball game!" But after seeing these vids, I think I do. :( I'm going to have no money.

It's going to be hard going from all 3 consoles (4 with DC) and at least 20 games for each, down to one console. I hate circumstances. Especially ones that happen!

big_z

I'm buying this at launch. ****ing monkey balls are awesome. The only things that bug me are:

-20 banana 1up wtf!!
-99 levels? Come on sega the first two games had more than that
-difficulty. i'll take matts word for it but i hope they have levels that require balancing on .01 paths and crap like in the first game.

Rocked

Wow, this went from a maybe to a must have after seeing those videos! No stupid buttons and gimmicks like the 2nd game... :D Love the soundtrack and graphical style too.

if this was the only game at launch i would buy a Wii.

and how can anyone getting 3 extra controllers and nunchucks not want what will likely be the most fun multiplayer title at launch.

so glad to hear the single player is shaping up nicely.

Saoh

By the time gamers make it to Space Case, they will be masters, but hardcore pros can go for gold and unlock two additional worlds. Only those who make it through all eight worlds without continuing can unlock the ninth area, which is practically impossible. And the insanely dedicated can attempt to make it through the ninth world without continuing to unlock the tenth and final area, which will prove nearly insurmountable even for those with cybernetically enhanced reflexes. In short, don't let those cute little monkeys fool you: Banana Blitz is poised to be every bit as challenging and controller-throwing-inducing as its predecessors.

o_O!! :lol :lol :lol

monkey ball games have always intrigued me, but i've never tried one. i might try this before buying.

zelda, RSteel, MSlug and Trauma Center are going to keep me busy for a while.

ksinghsf

plagiarize said:
if this was the only game at launch i would buy a Wii.

and how can anyone getting 3 extra controllers and nunchucks not want what will likely be the most fun multiplayer title at launch.

so glad to hear the single player is shaping up nicely.

Does this game require/use the nunchucks... I thought it only used the controller?

MadraptorMan said:
Some of the multiplayer minigames will use the nunchuck.
the menu screen helpfully tells you which ones do too... so there's still 4 player fun to be had with just 4 remotes, just not all the games. stuff like hurdles, the hovercraft games and alien attack needs both.

ksinghsf

MadraptorMan said:
Some of the multiplayer minigames will use the nunchuck.

plagiarize said:
the menu screen helpfully tells you which ones do too... so there's still 4 player fun to be had with just 4 remotes, just not all the games. stuff like hurdles, the hovercraft games and alien attack needs both.

OK thanks, guess I'll still get this at launch with 3 extra remotes and probably pick up extra nunchucks somewhere down the road.

By the time gamers make it to Space Case, they will be masters, but hardcore pros can go for gold and unlock two additional worlds. Only those who make it through all eight worlds without continuing can unlock the ninth area, which is practically impossible. And the insanely dedicated can attempt to make it through the ninth world without continuing to unlock the tenth and final area, which will prove nearly insurmountable even for those with cybernetically enhanced reflexes. In short, don't let those cute little monkeys fool you: Banana Blitz is poised to be every bit as challenging and controller-throwing-inducing as its predecessors.

:O

Boner rising. Launch buy.

JavyOO7

BrandNew said:
I've never played a Monkey Ball game in my life (kill me) but this looks AWESOME.

Try out part 1 and 2, they are only 15-20 bucks each now since they are player's choice titles.

Can't wait to get this one!

jarosh

okay, so i had watched the ign videos two days ago. and i couldn't get that goddamn music out of my head. the tunes are almost annoyingly catchy and upbeat. now that i've re-watched them (over and over again) i realize that i'm pretty much in love with the music... and i still can't get it out of my head.

anyone else experience this?

jarosh said:
okay, so i had watched the ign videos two days ago. and i couldn't get that goddamn music out of my head. the tunes are almost annoyingly catchy and upbeat. now that i've re-watched them (over and over again) i realize that i'm pretty much in love with the music... and i still can't get it out of my head.

anyone else experience this?

Yup - it's absolutely fantastic stuff. Particular favourite moments include Detritus Desert where the tune shifts from being a cliched Mid-Eastern theme into something far more Monkey Ball, and the moment about 20 seconds into the Jumble Jungle clip when the high melody comes in. Great vocals on the Smooth Sherbet vids as well.

Between this, Red Steel & Zelda fans of great game music are going to have a blast.

Top Bottom