• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

So I just got my Obsidian and I'm running into a weird problem. It seems to work fin as a direct input stick if I leave it set to PS4 mode, but if I switch it to PC mode in order to use X-Input it stops working completely. When i go to device manager, it's showing up under "Other Devices" with a little yellow warning triangle. when i go into properties for the stick it's telling me

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There are no compatible drivers for this device."

Does anybody know of there are any actual Qanba PC drivers? It doesn't seem like it's recognizing the regular wired 360 or XBone controller drivers like most X-Input devices seem to and I'm really at a loss here.

Damn, getting a Hitbox stick from Europe is really expensive (200$ + 70$ for the international shipping + the eventual custom / duty fee (Probably something around 50€))...

Edzi

So I just got my Obsidian and I'm running into a weird problem. It seems to work fin as a direct input stick if I leave it set to PS$ mode, but if I switch it to PC mode in order to use X-Input it stops working completely. When i go to device manager, it's showing up under "Other Devices" with a little yellow warning triangle. when i go into properties for the stick it's telling me

Does anybody know of there are any actual Qanba PC drivers? It doesn't seem like it's recognizing the regular wired 360 or XBone controller drivers like most X-Input devices seem to and I'm really at a loss here.

I had similar driver issues when I tried the Qanba Crystal on PC, and some digging online showed that I wasn't the only person either. I don't really trust Qanba's PC functionality on their PS3/PS4 sticks since they don't seem to be using the same kind of X-Input that other sticks like Hori use.

I had similar driver issues when I tried the Qanba Crystal on PC, and some digging online showed that I wasn't the only person either. I don't really trust Qanba's PC functionality on their PS3/PS4 sticks since they don't seem to be using the same kind of X-Input that other sticks like Hori use.

Man, that's a bummer. I sent a message Qanba support about it so hopefully they get back to me with an answer. At least it still works in PS4 mode on PC, but it's a pain to have to switch to a 360 stick if I want to play KI instead of SFV.

vg260

So I just got my Obsidian and I'm running into a weird problem. It seems to work fin as a direct input stick if I leave it set to PS4 mode, but if I switch it to PC mode in order to use X-Input it stops working completely. When i go to device manager, it's showing up under "Other Devices" with a little yellow warning triangle. when i go into properties for the stick it's telling me

From what I gathered, it seems really finnicky. I got that error when I connected it to the PC with a USB extension cable, but not if I connected it directly. I posted a bit about my experience earlier in the thread. Maybe try all the different USB ports on your computer, if you have multiple.

If you hear anything back, please post here. I'm curious what they say.

kingbean

I had to do a full restart on my pc. Plug in the stick already on pc setting and then hold the options and share button for 10 seconds. That should reset the sticks settings. I did that with device manager open and it showed up at the bottom as Xbox accessory.

If that doesn't work go to device manager and reinstall the generic USB hub drivers for all of the listed hubs, restart and try again.

Good luck.

I still can't use it in Sf5. If I set it as direct input the stick just times out or something after like 5 minutes. But works great for everything else as xinput.

Laws00

Tekken sticks from Hori.

C3_ZB0TWEAEdnnc.jpg

I love this arcade stick mold but I wanted something or expected something different/new from Hori

muetimueti

Neo Member
I was lucky to stumble into this thread apparently, I was looking into getting an Obsidian but these issues on PC make me hesitate, at home I would be using it on PC exclusively. How wide-spread are these issues, is it a flaw with Qanba sticks in general?

I was lucky to stumble into this thread apparently, I was looking into getting an Obsidian but these issues on PC make me hesitate, at home I would be using it on PC exclusively. How wide-spread are these issues, is it a flaw with Qanba sticks in general?

I uses a Qanba Carbon on PC without any issues, but that's sold as a PC primarily.

I agree these reports about the Obsidian are quite concerning.

dude stole everyone's money and ghosted. went from top tier resource to crook within the span on a month or so.

holy shit i had no idea. i ordered a bunch of stuff from him in like 2011.

whoa! I also had no idea as yeah, I ordered some parts back in 2010 or so

crazy!

Also, Stick-GAF, is the MadCatz TES+ still a good go-to stick? It's on sale and I realized I don't wanna be without a fightstick while i'm on deployment (I have a HRAP4 back at home)

thanks!

BearChair

I need to know if something is possible and whether it's easy to do.

I bought a Tekken 5 stick for playstation 2 over the summer for quite a good price. It's my first arcade stick

One of these:
70587.jpg

After putting some hours on it, I'm finding that I wish there was less slop in the stick. There's a little wiggle room before the stick makes the clicking sound, and I'd like a more direct action.

Equally for the buttons, they are a little more mushy than I'd like. I'm prefer something more direct.

Is there an adjustment I can make or components I can buy?

Also, I'm considering getting another stick for when people come over. I'd probably make it an upgrade over the Tekken stick and let visitors use that one. What's a good Playstation 2 stick that's the next step up from that one.

For reference my game room currently has a PS2 and dreamcast connected, and I have a X360 but nothing more advanced. Generally I play PS2 and dreamcast fighters and shoot-em ups, with the occasional brawler and arcade puzzle game thrown in.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Yep, that's a lot more advanced than my skill level. Looks like I'll live with it until I get a new stick.

Any suggestions?
I'm currently in the process of modding an old Hori PS2 stick with sanwa parts. it's a different stick, but the process is similar.

my advice: buy a 360 stick and mod it with PS360+ or something similar that'll allow for use with PS2. this is a fun little project for me but it's not practical when there are easier and better routes available.

Yep, that's a lot more advanced than my skill level. Looks like I'll live with it until I get a new stick.

Any suggestions?

To be frank, if you completely removed the old PCB and got a MC Cthulhu or similar board that supposed PS2 with screw down connectors, swapping the parts would be easy as sin. The only truly bad part about the stick is that everything is soldered. Changing the PCB makes that less of an issue.

notworksafe

Also, Stick-GAF, is the MadCatz TES+ still a good go-to stick? It's on sale and I realized I don't wanna be without a fightstick while i'm on deployment (I have a HRAP4 back at home)

thanks!
Only if you plan on replacing the PCB. Otherwise I'd look to a Hori or Qanba for a premade stick.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I've decided that I will buy the white Tekken 7 stick and dual mod it. What's the best PCB for XBO/PS4 right now? Is there one with extensive legacy support as well?

I've decided that I will buy the white Tekken 7 stick and dual mod it. What's the best PCB for XBO/PS4 right now? Is there one with extensive legacy support as well?

Brook UFB for xbone and ps4 without timeouts. You can probably piggyback that to a mccthulhu or ps360+ but thats a bit more work.

Neoxon

You guys think that the Brook Universal PCB will be updated with Switch support or should I wait for a new one to come out?

You guys think that the Brook Universal PCB will be updated with Switch support or should I wait for a new one to come out?

They seem really good with FW updates. Everytime there's a new PS4 FW they have one up within a day max AFAIK to avoid the 8 min timeout.

I saw a post on SRK from Brook saying they would look into it when the Switch comes out, which sounds promising.

Codeblue

Aw damn :(

Any links discussing this?

Thanks!

I bought a TES+ a couple of days ago. The L1 button is permanently registered as pressed down. I tried replacing the button and the wires, but the problem persists. I'm inclined to agree with the posters telling you that MadCatz has PCB issues.

It's getting sent back and I'm just gonna deal with a legacy stick until those Tekken sticks come out. Noir is the superior layout anyway.

While not an arcade stick, Madcatz troubles makes me wonder if I might be better off just selling the SFV pad I had and getting an equivalent elsewhere that I know will get support if it has issues or not.

I bought a TES+ a couple of days ago. The L1 button is permanently registered as pressed down. I tried replacing the button and the wires, but the problem persists. I'm inclined to agree with the posters telling you that MadCatz has PCB issues.

It's getting sent back and I'm just gonna deal with a legacy stick until those Tekken sticks come out. Noir is the superior layout anyway.

ah, fuck man :(

Thinking I should just play it safe the and grab the Hori HRAP4-White Edition (already have a black one back at home)

thanks for the feedback tho!

From what I gathered, it seems really finnicky. I got that error when I connected it to the PC with a USB extension cable, but not if I connected it directly. I posted a bit about my experience earlier in the thread. Maybe try all the different USB ports on your computer, if you have multiple.

If you hear anything back, please post here. I'm curious what they say.

Well, the reply I got from Qanba just said to make sure it was plugged into a USB 2.0 port and didn't acknowledge anything I wrote about drivers being the issue. I emailed them again, but I'm not exactly confident they'll reply with anything helpful. It's already plugged directly into a USB 2.0 port, so there's not much I can do there.

I had to do a full restart on my pc. Plug in the stick already on pc setting and then hold the options and share button for 10 seconds. That should reset the sticks settings. I did that with device manager open and it showed up at the bottom as Xbox accessory.

If that doesn't work go to device manager and reinstall the generic USB hub drivers for all of the listed hubs, restart and try again.

Good luck.

I still can't use it in Sf5. If I set it as direct input the stick just times out or something after like 5 minutes. But works great for everything else as xinput.

I tried what you suggested, but nothing really seemed to change at all. In device manager, it still showed up under "Other Devices" and says that no compatible drivers can be found and turns off. Mine works 100% fine as a direct input stick though. I can play SFV and anything else with D-Input support with no problem. It doesn't time out or anything and everything responds perfectly well. The only thing it really won't work in when set to PS4 mode is KI, but I barely play that anymore so I'm not super upset. Just kinda annoyed.

Out of the sticks I have it's probably still my favorite in terms of form factor. It's so light for its size, and I love how wide it is. The PC mode issue is crap, but it's still a great stick.

notworksafe

i got a ttt pcb from there but never an entire cab. their stuff can be a little pricey and i've usually found better deals on the same things elsewhere.

Between threads on SRK and testimonials here as well, decided to play it safe and ended up ordering this as my second stick instead of the TES+

71WI4s5E02L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

...you're drunk MadCatz, go home

ptown

I think I need a silent stick. I play at night time and don't want to wake other people up mashing buttons or clicking away on the stick.

Any stick recommendations or news about future silent sticks? I'm aware of a silent HRAP stick, but seem to only find them sold secondhand now.

I think I need a silent stick. I play at night time and don't want to wake other people up mashing buttons or clicking away on the stick.

Any stick recommendations or news about future silent sticks? I'm aware of a silent HRAP stick, but seem to only find them sold secondhand now.

You could always get a regular stick and just swap the parts out for a silent JLF and some silent buttons.

Top Bottom