• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars Community Thread

Shouta

Asian and Japanese aren't going to be different so you save money getting the Asian edition.

I may do the OT but we will see.

It's likely a stupid question but is there any chance at this point the game will end up as a day 1 digital release? Because honestly, I'd rather buy on PSN.

(I still have a PA preorder and I'm hesitating to upgrade the shipping method to get it faster)

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
This is going to be one of the rare times when I won't be getting a SRW game within the first week... maybe.

Money this month going towards a WiiU, after that's taken care of, I'll see if I have enough left over to order the game.

That, and I want to wait till the game actually releases, just to confirm that there's no region lock on the game. Yeah, I know there's hardly any region-lock on PS3 games, but c'mon, after that fiasco with Persona 4 Arena, I'm not going to take the chance of spending $100 + shipping on a game, and find out I can't bloody play it on my US Ps3.

This is going to be one of the rare times when I won't be getting a SRW game within the first week... maybe.

Money this month going towards a WiiU, after that's taken care of, I'll see if I have enough left over to order the game.

That, and I want to wait till the game actually releases, just to confirm that there's no region lock on the game. Yeah, I know there's hardly any region-lock on PS3 games, but c'mon, after that fiasco with Persona 4 Arena, I'm not going to take the chance of spending $100 + shipping on a game, and find out I can't bloody play it on my US Ps3.

I think that was a special case with Persona, since Index apparently didn't want Japanese gamers importing the cheaper US version which has both English/Japanese VA and text.

Jubern

It's likely a stupid question but is there any chance at this point the game will end up as a day 1 digital release? Because honestly, I'd rather buy on PSN.

(I still have a PA preorder and I'm hesitating to upgrade the shipping method to get it faster)

Almost none, I think.

Shouta

There's a possibility but if they put them in, we won't know until the game comes out or maybe if a Famitsu has some info on them. The R originals are back in which may boosts the chances of them coming in.

There's a possibility but if they put them in, we won't know until the game comes out or maybe if a Famitsu has some info on them. The R originals are back in which may boosts the chances of them coming in.

I see. I thought all the playable characters would have been revealed already but I guess they're keeping it under wraps for now.

I don't think I've seen any original PC's revealed yet. I mean original playable characters native to this game.

Although, that might be expected since SRW OGS used all pre-existing originals if I remember correctly.

EDIT: I just realized something.

Kusuha in Ryujinki, and Touma.

That means Selena and Cobray are in too right?

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
I see. I thought all the playable characters would have been revealed already but I guess they're keeping it under wraps for now.

I don't think I've seen any original PC's revealed yet. I mean original playable characters native to this game.

Although, that might be expected since SRW OGS used all pre-existing originals if I remember correctly.

EDIT: I just realized something.

Kusuha in Ryujinki, and Touma.

That means Selena and Cobray are in too right?

Hard to say, its entirely possible they may only be doing only part of the Alpha 3 storyline, and save the rest for the next OG game. A lot Alpha 2 storyline still isn't even complete yet, (ex. Irui hasn't even shown up) and even though we've seen some Alpha 3 characters, until we know how big this game is, there's only so much plot they can fit in.

Hard to say, its entirely possible they may only be doing only part of the Alpha 3 storyline, and save the rest for the next OG game. A lot Alpha 2 storyline still isn't even complete yet, (ex. Irui hasn't even shown up) and even though we've seen some Alpha 3 characters, until we know how big this game is, there's only so much plot they can fit in.

I am hoping the game is pretty lengthy. Hopefully some good surprises as well since there's no complete character list yet.

I'm looking forward to this thread exploding when the week of the 29th rolls around.

Shouta

It should be a pretty long game, at least the same length as OG1/OG2 so probably 55-60 stages without the route splits.

They may show some other characters in the game but who knows. Selena and Cobray may show up as cameos like Touma shows up in Gaiden as a cameo in advance of 2nd OGs.

Shouta

So, anyone have some ideas to good image sources for OGs games? Can't really try and do an OT if I don't have a bit to work with to make it presentable, lol.

Shouta

MAXONNNNN

Famitsu images are usually small and watermarked but I might be able to find one or two. Gonna have to keep looking around for some stuff. Gate of Magus will likely have character stuff for sure though.

Google has some decent stuff, but that might be a problem if you're looking for something really specific. All that's available now are just press shots or screen grabs from the pv's as far as I can see.

I guess once the game releases people can start taking their own shots. But I imagine there should be enough stuff out there already for things like title icons, and some random gameplay screens to spruce things up.

Shouta

It'll mostly be for banners and the like. I can just do characters I guess or I can look for high quality screenshots and try for the mech sprites themselves.

Characters

Mechanics

Character/mech info and art. They are missing quite a few characters but I'm assuming they might add more closer to release.

Also system information like squad system, maximum break and other things. If I remember correctly you're pretty fluent in Japanese so I'm sure you can decipher that information with little trouble.

If I come across some good screenshot sources I'll post them here.

squall23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=truXLfRW5MI

The new radio show apparently talks about Cerberus and Garmreid. Stuff like how you get both so that they're interchangeable during intermission and stuff about their upgrades. Cerberus will never be on the field when I play it unless it's forced lol. I'll also only field Cerberus Ignite for Watchdog of Hell, which I will then promptly use for Garmreid Blaze since Let's Ignition sucks ass.

squall23

I figured that's how it would be. Having to choose one or the other would be too painful.
To be fair, they did that for Angelg/Ash Saber/Vysaga. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that to the D originals. I hope this somehow turns into a cutscene in the game:

WVwkw.jpg

Shouta

Any section requests for the 2nd OGs OT? I was considering an introduction section for the new characters and units for this game but dunno if it's needed or not. May just skip it and do media and links after the Overview and Systems sections.

Yes, a section making it clear that:

1. There are no English subtitles.
2. Chance of localization is slim to none.

Although, once the game is out, a scan of the English instruction sheet would be helpful.

A section showing the new original characters would be pretty cool I think. At least the new original playable characters like Joshua/Rim/Ing/Hugo/Aqua. Adding the Masoukishin units in might make it too big so you could just add that they are making an appearance with a screenshot of one or something.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Any character info should also include a mention of any previous games they were in, if they were in one.

Shouta

Probably not going to do a story summary as it'd be too ridiculous to try and condense OG1 and OG2 into a paragraph or two. It'd also increase the length of the OT and I'd prefer it to be a single post if possible. I may summarize it in a later post though.

I'll probably do a short character and mecha section highlighting the new additions and main characters for this game though.

Shouta

That's pretty much all the PVs we'll be getting. We may get a few scans or some screenshots, but not that much else, I think.

Hmmm

Was kind of hoping for at least one more PV. Oh well.

The earliest I'll get it is probably the 3rd. At least there should be some tips/secret information available by then.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Ah cool, didn't know gaf had one of these. Have OGs 2 on order from AmiAmi, getting pretty excited.

Really hoping to see another alteisen/weissritter upgrade, mostly so Excellen can get rid of those ugly einst parts |`Д´|

Ah cool, didn't know gaf had one of these. Have OGs 2 on order from AmiAmi, getting pretty excited.

Really hoping to see another alteisen/weissritter upgrade, mostly so Excellen can get rid of those ugly einst parts |`Д´|

I'm hoping for some upgrades for the old cast as well. Although it seems the focus is on the newcomers who will no doubt get upgrades throughout the game.

Shouta

It's pretty unlikely that she'll get another upgrade considering her game is done but it's possible. I'd like to save it for OGs 3 though.

I've got mine from PA with Fedex shipping because their free shipping has been shit to me recently. I ordered ToX2 2 weeks ago and it's still not here.

OT thread, is more or less ready, though I may add or change a few things before I post it next week.

Ken

Should I buy OGs2 if I don't know any Japanese? I played through SRW Z2-1 but used a wiki for a lot of the spirit commands or whatever. If there's anything similar for this I guess I could fumble my way through it.

Should I buy OGs2 if I don't know any Japanese? I played through SRW Z2-1 but used a wiki for a lot of the spirit commands or whatever. If there's anything similar for this I guess I could fumble my way through it.

Yes, you don't need to understand Japanese in order to play. Plenty of guides will be available.

Some story translation guides will probably be written eventually as well.

Jubern

There's a good chance that 4chan's /m/ board and some other people will progressively fill this page with every information you want gameplay-wise: scenario flowchart, spirit commands lists, secrets...

As you can see, the framework is already here and we just need for the game to come out. Most info is usually lifted from japanese sites, which are usually really quick when it comes to creating walkthoughs. There's just the secret section that will left speculation until the official guidebook comes out and we get the exact requirements, a month or so after the release of the game.

For Z2 Saisei-hen, someone also did a story summary, so who knows, same might happen here.

Top Bottom