• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Brawl- What will they fix?

rafman400

ELS-01X said:
What's that disjointed hit box thing?
Disjointed Hitbox: A disjointed his box is an area that an opponent can attack without having to worry about being hurt. Marth’s sword is a disjointed hit box. His sword is not part of his body, and if someone hits his sword Marth receives no damage. Mr. Game and Watch versus Marth is a good matchup to understand disjointed hitboxes.

rafman400

Brobzoid said:
easy peasy... falco might have a shit recovery(he does), but he can take a shitload of hurt. and who lets their character bounce anyway? bouncing is useless. stop the bounce!
you dont let your character bounce. when i atack you, and you bounce around the ground i can hit you again and again, repeatedly.

JCX

I hope they rid the game of glitches like wavedashing. It, like snaking, is just an annoying thing to do and breaks the game.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
rafman400 said:
you dont let your character bounce. when i atack you, and you bounce around the ground i can hit you again and again, repeatedly.

you know it's pretty easy to manually override the bounce? you just press a block button when you hit the ground/wall, and you character does a quick recovery and you're untouchable during this move aswell ;)

rafman400

JCX9 said:
I hope they rid the game of glitches like wavedashing. It, like snaking, is just an annoying thing to do and breaks the game.
it was stated somwhere that the developers knew of wavedashing and let it stay in the game so its not a glitch. i would give you the source but i forgot where i read it.

Brobzoid said:
you know it's pretty easy to manually override the bounce? you just press a block button when you hit the ground/wall, and you character does a quick recovery and you're untouchable during this move aswell ;)

i kno, thats called teching

Teching/Wallteching/Techrolling: The name given for instant recovery techniques. When you are sent flying from an attack, if you hit L or R before hitting the ground or the wall (or ceiling), you will recover instantly. On the ground, you will stand up, on the wall you will stop bouncing around. If you hold to the side as you do it, you will recover in a rolling dodge. If you hold up as you walltech, you can jump off of the wall.

some people don't do that + teching doesnt help when i chain grab them. also in the movement of rolling away, i can still hit you.

Brobzoid

teching isn't an option when chain-grabbed. because you don't touch any ground/wall. ;)

But chain-grabbing only gets you so far, they only work within certain damage ratios- plus if brawl is properly tested and balanced, chain-grabbing won't be as prevailant as in Melee. The pal version as alot less chain-grabs than the ntsc versions.

rafman400 said:
also in the movement of rolling away, i can still hit you.

you can hit in the second half of the roll, the first half is untouchable. but it is preferable to just do a standing tech because then the entire recovery is untouchable.

rafman400

Brobzoid said:
you can hit in the second half of the roll, the first half is untouchable. but it is preferable to just do a standing tech because then the entire recovery is untouchable.

but the whole "falco is flawless" argument is stupid because cahracters that dont bounce as much as him wont have to go through the trouble of teching and using any other techniques to maintain ther character's balance.

Brobzoid

rafman400 said:
but the whole "falco is flawless" argument is stupid because cahracters that dont bounce as much as him wont have to go through the trouble of teching and using any other techniques to maintain ther character's balance.

Falco isn't flawless. So we're not having that argument. But there really isn't that much penalty for teching as much as falco does.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I hope they make the CPUs a bit smarter. It seems in some ways they were a downgrade from the N64 version. For example. In Melee they will only pick up Pokeballs, and I think cloaking devices, and completely pass up any other item. In SSB64, the moment any item popped up, they went straight to it.

Also, I hope they don't put in like 3 random levels from Melee in Brawl like they did with Melee with the 64 versions. I mean, instead of those 3 old levels, we could have had 3 new ones.

And bigger stages, plz.

P.S. SSB isn't a fighting game cause it's made by Nintendopes LOL

Dr.Hadji

I only hope Sakurai uses the Wiimote's functionality in some manner or fashion, even if it is only character specific. True nothing is confirmed yet control wise (Wiimote and Cube controller alike) but the notion of the team focusing on the old control scheme or being the first game on Wii to not use the fuctionality of the Wiimote just doesn't jell with me. I'd love to see some change once in awhile. But we'll probably get stuck with new characters.

Dr.Hadji said:
I only hope Sakurai uses the Wiimote's functionality in some manner or fashion, even if it is only character specific. True nothing is confirmed yet control wise (Wiimote and Cube controller alike) but the notion of the team focusing on the old control scheme or being the first game on Wii to not use the fuctionality of the Wiimote just doesn't jell with me. I'd love to see some change once in awhile. But we'll probably get stuck with new characters.

No gimmicky controls for SSB plzkthx

With the added emphasis on aerial combat Sheik BETTER make it into Brawl, if not I will be PISSED. Sheik was by faaaar the best combo fighter in the game, and the most fun to fight with IMO.

Top Bottom