• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Summer 2014, Wii U Winter 2014

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
But i thought Nintendo had nothing in stage for the system after Kirby ?

Let's release the one that will sell first to pay for the one that won't

This doesnt even make sense xD

rLa2xjH.png

Vanille

Yeah, bad news for Wii U. I imagine a significant portion of the fanbase will get their fix with the 3DS version and wait for a price drop (lol) on the Wii U version.

The End

But i thought Nintendo had nothing in stage for the system after Kirby ?

This doesnt even make sense xD

I mean, really, it's so people with both systems buy both versions.

But part of it is that the 3DS version is going to sell a ton of copies and the WiiU version won't. This way they can say "Smash has sold 12 million copies across all platforms", even if it's an 11/1 split.

While I think that this will impact the sales on Wii U a bit, I do still think it will do fairly well on Wii U and sell some consoles. Although this success is in relation to the Wii U's current success so it's still going to be fairly muted in my opinion.

I would take this as indication that Nintendo is probably giving up on Wii U as a platform though. Will still get Zelda U though

I doubt it would be early summer, probably late summer. And as they say winter 2014 for Wii U that only leaves December. So 4 months max if you ask me.

Yeah 4 months may be a better guess at this point. Say August to November?

This game made sense to release together. Delaying on one platform that long is just killing interest in the one releasing months after.

urfe

Makes sense to me.

The Wii U version looks a lot better than the 3DS version, and will be the one "serious" fans
(not me)
will want to play.

I'll never get the love of this series

Portugeezer

While I think that this will impact the sales on Wii U a bit, I do still think it will do fairly well on Wii U and sell some consoles. Although this success is in relation to the Wii U's current success so it's still going to be fairly muted in my opinion.

I would take this as indication that Nintendo is probably giving up on Wii U as a platform though. Will still get Zelda U though

Yeah 4 months may be a better guess at this point. Say August to November?

I always forget when winter begins, I thought it was December though. They didn't say "Holiday", so winter 2014 would have to be Dec.

August - December sounds about right to me.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Repost from other thread:

Hmm. We have one healthy system with a regular stream of games.

We have another on the verge of death, with little announced first or third party.

I know, let's release first on the healthy system and let the other one die.

dreamfall

Well, this summer is definitely going to be fun!

Goodness, I was thinking it would've been nice to play it sooner. But let them take their time developing it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Repost from other thread:

Hmm. We have one healthy system with a regular stream of games.

We have another on the verge of death, with little announced first or third party.

I know, let's release first on the healthy system and let the other one die.

Except that Smash will do more for WiiU as a (big) holiday release than in summer when sales are flat anyways for home consoles.

This will pretty much cannibalize Wii U's version hype and sales. There'll be little reason to buy it after the 3DS version comes out, considering it has a far bigger user base.

Once again, Nintendo "foresight" always impress me.

Andrew.

Banned
So I'm guessing Mario Kart is supposed to last us seven months.

Man...

Watch that shit get that two month delay just like Tropical Freeze did

Past

So Smash Wii U will be release at the end of December? That's not a typical release window for a game, is it?

JABEE

WiiU doesn't seem long for this world. It makes sense to do this for the sake of the 3DS, but it doesn't paint a rosy picture for the WiiU. The wind will be lifted out of any sails the WiiU version would produce. It cuts the legs out from under Smash as a system mover. Prepare for Nintendo to abandon the WiiU.

Top Bottom