• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT| Mewtwo Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSLink

Banned
Takamaru... :(

It really blows liking characters with low visibility sometimes.

As much as I want him, I don't think he has a chance with being an assist trophy in the game at the moment. Maybe next time. :(

I want Isaac so I'm glad he's so high up. Plus maybe visibility in Smash could help them get back to making a Golden Sun 4.

Boney

Banned
i kinda expect only small adjustments to fighters. everybody thinks there will be buffs and nerfs all over the board but i think it'll be some small adjustment on the best characters and that's it.
Not only that, we're getting for glory nerfs that won't make any actual sense.

I fear the patch

Revven

i kinda expect only small adjustments to fighters. everybody thinks there will be buffs and nerfs all over the board but i think it'll be some small adjustment on the best characters and that's it.

People are just hoping. I also expect very minor tweaks partly because if Sakurai cared how bad someone like Ganondorf does in 1v1 he would have addressed it in the last patch by making the landing lag adjustments much more significant than they were.

They balance with all game types in mind, not just 1v1. That philosophy hurts singles competitive play but it is what it is. I doubt any characters will get significant improvements. Certainly not anything like fixing Meta Knight's obviously intended terrible hitboxes.

I'm hyped. I moved on to Ness eventually but I practically worshipped Mewtwo as a kid. Can't wait to play as him again!

OK, which one of you lovable dorks left this gem on my YouTube channel?

Edit: Holy shit, it's that amiibo dude... LMAO

So, tell me, what's it like supporting Nintendo's hentai practices?

Azure J

More people would rather vote for Wii Safety Hazard Man.

The thing I don't get is why I never seem to be on "winning bet" teams. It's not as if I dislike any of the characters but there never seems to be a big bandwagon character that looks to fill all the niches I enjoy most in Smash and fighting games as a whole.

As much as I want him, I don't think he has a chance with being an assist trophy in the game at the moment. Maybe next time. :(

To be honest, I actually don't think he'd happen now. The most I'm hoping for is for him to scrape over some barest minimum of votes necessary to convince Nintendo East that he is cult-popular (enough) for Sakurai to go "fuck it, he's in Smash 5".

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wonder-Red has GAF and /v/ on his side. Along with the Best Friends Zaibatsu and TeamFourStar
I have a good feeling. Especially if Nintendo discards all the third party and indies votes

Vena

Wonder-Red has GAF and /v/ on his side. Along with the Best Friends Zaibatsu and TeamFourStar
I have a good feeling. Especially if Nintendo discards all the third party and indies votes

What Nintendo should do, but won't, is add in Wonder Red and make him DLC that you can also earn (aside from buying for the 5$) if you purchase and register (on the future network) W101, digitally, for 20$ or whatever it costs.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Let's be honest, it's not that simple. There a lot of politics involved, plus the fact that Nintendo would effectively be helping Microsoft (a rival console company) advertise an IP they own through an appearance in Smash & an Amiibo. Nintendo isn't gonna let that happen, even if Sakurai would be cool with it.

You are way too serious about this, so lighten up with that kind of nonsense. Ballot is all about "FUCK THE LOGIC AND VOTE WHATEVER WE WANTED AT LONG IT'S VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS!" Even Nintendo of America emphasized on that as well.

I do agreed with you on that statement but I just want to respect people's ambitions to see their favorite characters being playable characters.

Kouichi

The reddit results are pretty cool. It maybe very unlikely but I honestly think Banjo has a fair chance if gets the most votes in the ballot. The possibility is small, but it's still there.

Revven

So are there any reports of Japan going live with this yet?

There would be incompatibility issues if it went live for Japan before anyone else. They will want to do a simultaneous worldwide launch of the patch and Mewtwo, I'd imagine. Or, at the very least, the patch launching worldwide.

That's why I wouldn't expect it until tomorrow regardless.

There would be incompatibility issues if it went live for Japan before anyone else. They will want to do a simultaneous worldwide launch of the patch and Mewtwo, I'd imagine. Or, at the very least, the patch launching worldwide.

That's why I wouldn't expect it until tomorrow regardless.

Makes sense, thanks.

Jigolo

G A M E C U B E C O N T R O L L E R B O Y S

Finally got my adapter. Ready for Mewtwo to drop later this month for purchase.

I've got to admit, I didn't expect the K.Rool support to outmatch Dixie by that much, heck Lanky is almost the runner up by joke votes alone (well unless everyone actually does like Lanky, I know I do).
I suppose it helps that K.Rool has much more unique and interesting moveset potential on paper.

If we're getting a DK64 joke character, it better be Chunky Kong

hqdefault.jpg

Gah, damn it. I got a rare email from Club Nintendo today, and I was all excited about having my Mewtwo code ready to go as soon as the patch is live... and it was just a "Don't forget to redeem your Platinum award lol" email. Blargh.

Anyway, no code yet for me. At this point I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get mine until well into tomorrow.

Honestly, given how much of a clusterfuck the US branch of Club Nintendo has always been, I almost expect a lot of people not to get their codes tomorrow at all. :(

Gah, damn it. I got a rare email from Club Nintendo today, and I was all excited about having my Mewtwo code ready to go as soon as the patch is live... and it was just a "Don't forget to redeem your Platinum award lol" email. Blargh.

Anyway, no code yet for me. At this point I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get mine until well into tomorrow.

Honestly, given how much of a clusterfuck the US branch of Club Nintendo has always been, I almost expect a lot of people not to get their codes tomorrow at all. :(
same on the email

Neiteio

Wait, has anyone gotten their code yet? Here in the U.S. of A, it's still Tuesday.

Man, if it came out today, it would be the greatest day ever.

Unless you're M. Bison. In which case:

UYHHKd0.gif

Wait, has anyone gotten their code yet? Here in the U.S. of A, it's still Tuesday.

Man, if it came out today, it would be the greatest day ever.

Unless you're M. Bison. In which case:

UYHHKd0.gif

People in this thread have been talking about codes already having started to come in. Surprised me too when I read it earlier today, but apparently that's the case.

Revven

It's NoA dude, what do you expect? lol

Earliest to expect is like 12 PM EST tomorrow for the e-mail, honestly. And that's being generous on my part.

only in Japan so far afaik

Ah, didn't realize the codes going out were Japan only so far. Thanks for the clarification!

It's NoA dude, what do you expect? lol

Earliest to expect is like 12 PM EST tomorrow for the e-mail, honestly. And that's being generous on my part.

That's... exactly what I expect actually, as I mentioned in my original post. :p

And yeah, that's a pretty reasonable expectation. I'm thinking sometime in the afternoon, myself.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
you guys are a little too worried about the code situation, it'll be fine, let's positive thinking

i2l6hHx.png

People in this thread have been talking about codes already having started to come in. Surprised me too when I read it earlier today, but apparently that's the case.

That was someone in Japan. From what I see, EU and NA peeps haven't got the codes yet.

Edited: I was too slow. I was typing the replies but got distracted by something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom