• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Fufufu

Seems my internet broke, my phone lost connection. Killer timing as well, wonder if that would've killed

I thought you rage won. You are now known as CRW. But that definitely was going to kill. Good games. I am going to practice offline now as a lot of my b-reverses aren't coming out, along with other stuff.

Boney

Banned
I thought you rage won. You are now known as CRW. But that definitely was going to kill. Good games. I am going to practice offline now as a lot of my b-reverses aren't coming out, along with other stuff.
Well, it was a bit laggy sadly. But I really enjoyed them. Your DK is really good even though you couldn't do the up throw to up air due to the lag..

And as good as the eggs are, you sometimes use too many on the defensive when it's best to land

Well, it was a bit laggy sadly. But I really enjoyed them. Your DK is really good even though you couldn't do the up throw to up air due to the lag..

And as good as the eggs are, you sometimes use too many on the defensive when it's best to land

You should've seen the connection between TWILT and me. But yeah, that match where you shot three charge shots in a row I did press the shield button for the third one. Lag is not on my side.

Thanks. I actually think my DK is good enough for the tournament, depending on the opponent's character of course.

I will keep the eggs in mind. I don't often fast fall into shield, but I should. Yoshi's and Luigi's fast fall speeds are so bad though. :(

Boney

Banned
Captain Rage Weenie 69? :V
Had har
You should've seen the connection between TWILT and me. But yeah, that match where you shot three charge shots in a row I did press the shield button for the third one. Lag is not on my side.

Thanks. I actually think my DK is good enough for the tournament, depending on the opponent's character of course.

I will keep the eggs in mind. I don't often fast fall into shield, but I should. Yoshi's and Luigi's fast fall speeds are so bad though. :(
Well to be fair, I shot it to time it with you starting the running animation so you can't block right at the start.

Either way, good luck on the tourney, being home the gold!

Had har

Well to be fair, I shot it to time it with you starting the running animation so you can't block right at the start.

Either way, good luck on the tourney, being home the gold!

Which is why I should practice walking.

Thanks. Beating 43 other people will be hard, but it would be nice to win $162.

My first Wii U upload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne7CTYREG_c

It's nice to see Bowser win something.

If it was Nami I would have lost.
1) Stop rolling back. If you have to, jump back is better.
2) Only get-up attack if your opponent is being overly aggressive (0:10). You should regular get-up, or jump into Fire Breath in that situation.
3) 0:13 he is knocked down - why did you roll away? This is Bowser's win. Run forward and make the read.
4) 0:27 don't Bowser Bomb like that. Big punishes result. Try to nail the ledge. You still punish get-up attacks, but you don't risk anything.
5) 1:26 - this is the perfect time for a ledge get-up attack.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
2) Only get-up attack if your opponent is being overly aggressive (0:10). You should regular get-up, or jump into Fire Breath in that situation.
3) 0:13 he is knocked down - why did you roll away? This is Bowser's win. Run forward and make the read.
4) 0:27 don't Bowser Bomb like that. Big punishes result. Try to nail the ledge. You still punish get-up attacks, but you don't risk anything.

Thank you sir. Will practice this.

Even when you aren't playing you teach like you're in your prime. :O I kinda worry about how you can destroy your local scene if Bowser ever stops being mediocre...

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Even when you aren't playing you teach like you're in your prime. :O I kinda worry about how you can destroy your local scene if Bowser ever stops being mediocre...

Well he is the better Bowser.

Rolling backwards is a bad habit of mine.

I also need to work on BBing to ledge. I tend to miss it and land on the stage.

Thank you sir. Will practice this.
Against Captain Falcon I like to stand just out of dash grab range. I will flick little bouts of Flame Thrower at Falcon, and slowly walk forward. I want him to approach so I can pivot grab. Bowser has to be so careful in that matchup.

I don't know if I could ever have passion for Bowser again. Maybe if crouch-canceling was in. Mewtwo is much more my style of character.

Though when I stomp someone with Mewtwo and they say "U SPAM", I always swap to Bowser and clown on them. Anyone who can't get past Shadow Ball "spam" is going to get wrecked by anyone I pick, lol. But you can't call anything Bowser does spam. :p

Well he is the better Bowser.

Rolling backwards is a bad habit of mine.

I also need to work on BBing to ledge. I tend to miss it and land on the stage.
I think Cronoc has surpassed me these days. 90% of my focus is on Mewtwo now.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I forget how fun a 4 player free for all with items is! F anyone who thinks walk offs are bad in that environment and F anyone else who thinks Orbital Assault is bad, that level is so fun! By F I mean frog.

LOL Yeah. It was a blast! I totally got robbed in Orbital Assault. Good Games!

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Oh, I have like a 90% win rate with him in For Glory. I do have to work very hard for it, but it is all about being perfect.

Well as long as I keep rolling backwards like a wuss I won't be perfect. I should really practice empty hopping backwards.

How do you deal with ledge options as Mewtwo? Most cases I find Mewtwo gets punished for ledge attack and get up.

I made a thread in OT about my son's birth if anyone is curious.

Well as long as I keep rolling backwards like a wuss I won't be perfect. I should really practice empty hopping backwards.

How do you deal with ledge options as Mewtwo? Most cases I find Mewtwo gets punished for ledge attack and get up.
Also, just running back is good. If you're able to get past the start-up frames of the run, you have pivot grab available to you, which means you're still offensively viable while moving back. I also full hop air dodge back as Bowser sometimes; Fire Breath will cover any approach. You can't approach a Bowser hopping backwards in most cases.

Here are my favored recovery options with Mewtwo:
1) Tap down, wait, then double jump into Uair (can combo into Fair sometimes).
2) Tap back, immediately Confusion toward opponent .
3) Tap back, double jump Fair into opponent.
4) Tap down, immediately double jump into Nair. Then Confusion to Teleport for landing, if it missed.
5) Ledge jump into double jump, use Confusion and Teleport to land.
6) Normal get-up, and immediately FHAD when you are done (or spot dodge).
7) Tap back, hold forward, and recover to the other side of the ledge.
8) Tap back, hold forward, but eventually Confusion back toward your original side of the ledge.
9) Tap down, immediately double jump into Confusion or Disable.
10) Get-up attack.

Also, I try to recover high as often as possible - Mewtwo is well-suited for it.

I played about 5 different people. The Sheik was the only one I will have trouble with. Some of them are really bad.

My pools are actually going to be on stream :O
Don't underestimate anyone though. For some reason I always play bad people in friendlies prior to pools, only to play the actual good people during. If you get beat by my fraudulent "That ain't Tipster" Mega Man I don't know what to tell you. ><;;;;
I made a thread in OT about my son's birth if anyone is curious.

Also, just running back is good. If you're able to get past the start-up frames of the run, you have pivot grab available to you, which means you're still offensively viable while moving back. I also full hop air dodge back as Bowser sometimes; Fire Breath will cover any approach. You can't approach a Bowser hopping backwards in most cases.

Here are my favored recovery options with Mewtwo:
*a list of Mewtwo shit*

I wonder if I should consider home birth a few years down the line. I'll pop in that thread to ask you questions later, Karsticles Sr.. :3

How's
that
placenta
treating
ya

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Will have to try those ledge options.

Pressing back and confusion the other way is pretty genius actually.

-----------------

And yeah Sheik is good. Like stupid good.

Congratulations Karst!
Thank you!

Don't underestimate anyone though. For some reason I always play bad people in friendlies prior to pools, only to play the actual good people during. If you get beat by my fraudulent "That ain't Tipster" Mega Man I don't know what to tell you. ><;;;;

I wonder if I should consider home birth a few years down the line. I'll pop in that thread to ask you questions later, Karsticles Sr.. :3

How's
that
placenta
treating
ya
For sure. I recommend reading Ina May's Guide to...

I actually posted a video of me eating the placenta.

I know. I am going Yoshi until I know how good the other person is. I think top 4 from each pool advances, and pools are like 5 to 6 people.

Congratulations, Karsticles.

Oh god. I am doing horrible so far.

I went 2-2 in pools. I could've gone 3-1 but I was playing bad. I then went 2-0, 2-0, and then 1-2 against one of the best here who I lost 2-0 against in pools. Currently in like top 8 loser's.

Top Bottom