• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

I can't really fight Ness as Ryu. He's such a big target and his linear aerial trajectory makes him feel really susceptible to PK Fire.

Did you know Shulk is in this game? Since nobody plays him competitively and TWILT has abandoned us, you might have forgotten.

I can't really fight Ness as Ryu. He's such a big target and his linear aerial trajectory makes him feel really susceptible to PK Fire.

Did you know Shulk is in this game? Since nobody plays him competitively and TWILT has abandoned us, you might have forgotten.

I dunno, the Ness fight doesn't seem that hard as Ryu. FA is the only thing that seems to be out of the equation since Most of Ness' stuff is multihit, but it's been smooth sailing for me otherwise.

The tournament went pretty well overall. I went 2-2 in pools, and as I said before, I should've went 3-1. Either way, I got out of pools because top 4 advanced and my pool only had 5. First round was against a Shulk. I beat them 2-0 pretty easily. They were alright, but TWILT is definitely much better. Next round was against a Pit/Robin. I am pretty sure this was supposed to be a top player, but I managed to beat their Pit in a pretty close match. They switched to Robin but I quickly 2 stocked them.

I have to fight the Luigi that beat me 2-0 in pools again. I lose the first round, and they don't switch to Mario this time, so I pick Yoshi and Omega Kalos. I actually manage to take the game, but they beat me in game 3, but it was pretty much anyone's game. Luigi just has a much easier time killing.

I manage to 2-0 the Pac-Man I mentioned earlier. He was decent, but he SDed and overall allowed me to get him recovering. Next I had to fight a guy that I played a bunch of friendlies with. He was ROB, and I won most of the friendlies, so I wasn't too worried. This was my first match on stream. I manage to take game 1 really quickly, but they take game 2. I took game 3 pretty quickly after getting the first stock and holding onto mine.

I then had to fight one of the best players at the tournament; a Little Mac main. They manage to beat me in the first game, but it was pretty close surprisingly, as I hate fighting Little Mac. I get a spike on them in game 2 and got momentum from that. Game 3 was really close, but I ended up dying to random fsmashes. Overall, I managed to get 5th out of the 32 player bracket and around 45 players total. I think I did alright for my first tournament. I was only one of two that took a game from the Luigi I mentioned, who went on to win the entire thing, so that's something.

The tournament went pretty well overall. I went 2-2 in pools, and as I said before, I should've went 3-1. Either way, I got out of pools because top 4 advanced and my pool only had 5. First round was against a Shulk. I beat them 2-0 pretty easily. They were alright, but TWILT is definitely much better. Next round was against a Pit/Robin. I am pretty sure this was supposed to be a top player, but I managed to beat their Pit in a pretty close match. They switched to Robin but I quickly 2 stocked them.

I have to fight the Luigi that beat me 2-0 in pools again. I lose the first round, and they don't switch to Mario this time, so I pick Yoshi and Omega Kalos. I actually manage to take the game, but they beat me in game 3, but it was pretty much anyone's game. Luigi just has a much easier time killing.

I manage to 2-0 the Pac-Man I mentioned earlier. He was decent, but he SDed and overall allowed me to get him recovering. Next I had to fight a guy that I played a bunch of friendlies with. He was ROB, and I won most of the friendlies, so I wasn't too worried. This was my first match on stream. I manage to take game 1 really quickly, but they take game 2. I took game 3 pretty quickly after getting the first stock and holding onto mine.

I then had to fight one of the best players at the tournament; a Little Mac main. They manage to beat me in the first game, but it was pretty close surprisingly, as I hate fighting Little Mac. I get a spike on them in game 2 and got momentum from that. Game 3 was really close, but I ended up dying to random fsmashes. Overall, I managed to get 5th out of the 32 player bracket and around 45 players total. I think I did alright for my first tournament. I was only one of two that took a game from the Luigi I mentioned, who went on to win the entire thing, so that's something.

Was that Luigi player named Boss? He dominated a tourney I went to two months ago.

How's everyone

Lol, good. Still waiting for Sawano's music from XenoX to make it into Smash. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-ZWPt9Ht44 1:35 is where I start wrecking people with combos and spikes galore. :p

Boney

Banned
Woow niiice very well played!

That fair to nair is so monstrous, hate it with my entire being

That was a sick finish, but how come M2K was using DK in losers finals? Was this a regional or a local?

Still, great job! Way better than what many of us can claim to accomplish.
Now go beat Zero :p
Well, zero was saying how DK could be high tier with that ding dong because of how early it can kill.

I don't agree but I can see m2k testing him out

yo that ending

tLQ8B.png

That was a sick finish, but how come M2K was using DK in losers finals? Was this a regional or a local?

Still, great job! Way better than what many of us can claim to accomplish.
Now go beat Zero :p

M2K has been playing DK for a while now. I think he used DK against ZeRo at Super Smash Con.

Good job, Poltergust. I always like seeing Rosalina lose. The Luma hit that killed you barely looked like a move.

Poltergust, what do you think of the Mewtwo matchup for Yoshi? Are you full-time Yoshi now? I swear I saw you used my Luigi earlier.

Yoshi is DK's worst match-up. He also does decently against Rosalina when they don't go for gimps.
Didn't you used to bitch a ton about the Rosalina matchup?

Poltergust, what do you think of the Mewtwo matchup for Yoshi? Are you full-time Yoshi now? I swear I saw you used my Luigi earlier.

Didn't you used to bitch a ton about the Rosalina matchup?

That was with customs. Last time I played Nabster we went even, and a bunch of his wins were from killing me at like 30% one of the stocks. I can use eggs a lot more without customs on.

By decently I meant about even. Rosalina can make Yoshi lose his jump easily, andrecovering low against her isn't good.

Boney

Banned
Great! Just taking care of the last college semesters.

How are you? Still working 2 jobs?

Also, super armor for dayssss yo

I co-main Yoshi and Luigi.

Frankly, I think Yoshi has the advantage in that match-up. Luma is almost a non-factor.

You're likely right. My only experience against a good Rosalina is Nabster, and they are much better than me as a player, so it skews my opinion.

Oh shit, I managed to tech a stage spike.

RomanceDawn

Poor M2K he just can't find his groove with this generation of Smash. Glad he got beat in a spectacular way.

My kids fell asleep. Anyone want to play? Romancedawn.

Boney

Banned
Seems we lost connection. Was thinking about making it my last game so I guess that's that. Fun matches, that super armor and those rolls are gonna be the end of me

Ha! Well he saved me from getting my ass whopped that last match

Edit: if Jorge doesn't wanna play you romance, I'll take the offer

jorgejjvr

Seems we lost connection. Was thinking about making it my last game so I guess that's that. Fun matches, that super armor and those rolls are gonna be the end of me
Haha this is honestly the first time I pick up the gc controller in months, glad I can still hold my own

Ike was a beast, same with Falco and Samus. So fun, need to keep playing this game from time to time

Play romance Boney, go for it

Top Bottom