• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 14: Snake... had a hard life

Status
Not open for further replies.

georly

Yeah, the game will likely start to dribble out late this week or early next.

This week is nuts because we could literally get smash info at any second, though probably not at the wee hours of the night in japan (like right now). I actually expect stuff to leak while i'm sleeping.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Shulk is a starter and yet it says in the unlockables there's a Xenoblade rep but no second rep is shown. I mean, at least try to keep your theory straight throughout.

For #TeamMore

This leak was before Ninka/Vaanrose came forward with their information(Thanks StrangeMann from the smashboard)

Now this my translation about this leak
1) cut and replace

2)Characters from the starter and unlockable

-I'm not sure about snake, so it could be removed and change with the Chorus kids(we don't know how old were these informations).
-I dunno why "C"(for captain falcon I guess) is in the unlockable section.

But with all informations we've got since the beginning and with the accurate leak, it could be end like this(I hope so lol).

Nooooooooooo

I want my ICs, Lucas, and Wolf.

Oh and Chorus Kids.

I guess I'm really #TeamMoreButIWantThemToDefinitelyBeVetsAtTheVeryLeastWolfIceClimbersAndLucasAndPossiblySnakeButImNotHoldingMyBreathForHimAsMuchAsIHateIt

This contradicts the starting roster though
smash-bros-3ds-starting-roster-656x789.png

Yes but if you removed the third party characters, it could be this, so maybe sakurai has decided lately to include third party characters in the starter.

Veeboy

Good to know, but thanks for the spoiler! :p

No idea who seven is. I legitimately thought riki was my last party member.

Not a huge deal, don't worry about it.
Oops, super sorry.

I saw you mention earlier that you hadn't been doing many quests. That might be why you've been needing sharla. Quests are definitely the main soul of exp in xenoblade. But you gotta strike a balance between too much and too little.

Anyway, good to hear you're enjoying the game!

Blizzard

Banned
Also I may be a tiny minority, but I wonder if aerial landing lag may actually be a balance decision intended to punish aerial attacks, especially powerful ones. Also, if there are not some slow post-attack or post-landing delays, very slow attacks like falcon punch seem like they would be almost impossible to hit, barring chaotic 4-player free-for-all or something.

With tripping gone, the only mechanic I -really- rather wish was eliminated is moves becoming less powerful as you use them in a match. I just don't like the idea of a move that might be fun or cool, but which you need to save so you can actually get a K.O with it.

I also wonder about the announcement of banning people if they focus on a particular player in an online match. I hope that doesn't become a thing.

georly

Oops, super sorry.

I saw you mention earlier that you hadn't been doing many quests. That might be why you've been needing sharla. Quests are definitely the main soul of exp in xenoblade. But you gotta strike a balance between too much and too little.

Anyway, good to hear you're enjoying the game!

My goal is to beat it before smash comes out in 10 days, and I work all day, so I have like 4-ish hours to play on weekdays, if i'm lucky, and then weekends. I plan on rushing through story until i'm utterly stuck on a hard boss, then go back and do quests. I don't have time to explore everything. I know if I don't beat it by the time I get smash, I probably never will.

Poyunch

I don't care about Lucas, I don't care about Ice Climbers (okay I lie about that) but please please please, Chorus Kids be real.

SoldnerKei

Lucina was doing a Fair in the longer gif. You can do the same exact thing with Marth in brawl if you auto-cancel the aerial into u-tilt properly.

I thought it was Nair, the animation looks quite similar, but yeah, marth can do that kind of stuff in brawl

I would like to know if someone tested it on heavy characters

4ADT5D6.png

Pretty sure that says of the 20 unlockables one is a Xenoblade rep.

If they didn't mean that, that's even more cryptic than the original message.

I guess the information was old about shulk and Sakurai has decided recently to put in the starter.

Guesong

Guys stahp.

Obviously it's all a trick by Sakurai to make hardcore fans think he cares and that his EDGE article wasn't one big lie about wanting to take the best of both Melee and Brawl.

Clearly, he's a dishonored madman that only wants to drive Smash into the ground.

Guys why are you posting good video proof that E3 build was only an unfinished demo. Stop it with your optimism. Sakurai will bring ruin to all. TO ALL I SAY.

/s

Man that thread was something else. "Sakurai : I aim to do X! :)" "Some people : WELL YOU LIE AND YOU REALLY ONLY AIM TO DO Y AND YOU RUIN SERIES AND GTFO I DON'T BELIEVE YOU".

Not you Joe. You may be skeptic, but you are also optimistic. But others...ah well.

I found a new leak of Ridley playable

leak0uk4l.png
He's actually on screen. He is just too big thay he crashes your game and turns your screen black.

Also somewhat irrelevant, but how does one move from junior memeber to regular member. Sorry for the randomness of this, but can not find info on it in the terms of service.

Kensho

For #TeamMore

This leak was before Ninka/Vaanrose came forward with their information(Thanks StrangeMann from the smashboard)

1) cut and replace

-I'm not sure about snake, so it could be removed and change with the Chorus kids(we don't know how old were these informations).

But with all informations we've got since the beginning and with the accurate leak, it could be end like this(I hope so lol).

Man even if this ends up being nothing again, I love it. The cryptic stuff is always so interesting and fun.

For #TeamMore

1) cut and replace

1: We know Dark Pit is playable, so wouldn't that assume "K" would be up there somewhere?

2: Second "M" could just as easily be for Dr. Mario, not necessarily a Metroid character.

JoeInky

Not you Joe. You may be skeptic, but you are also optimistic. But others...ah well.

And here I thought everyone hated me.

I actually hated that thread in the long run because before it the character leak had made me completely forget about my issues with the game, but then that thread brought them flooding back and It just game me a massive headache and a load of anxiety that stopped me from sleeping that night.

Sometimes I hate being so invested in smash, it's pretty much all my life is at the moment.

This is the part where you say that you were talking about the serebii guy, isn't it? Damn you and your similar name!

made a new gif

cH5dXDo.gif

She probably just has Brawl Marth's fair, don't think it's anything to get too excited about.

1: We know Dark Pit is playable, so wouldn't that assume "K" would be up there somewhere?

2: Second "M" could just as easily be for Dr. Mario, not necessarily a Metroid character.

1)Maybe dark pit is a late chosen character in the developpement.

2)Dr Mario is not a new comer, he is a veteran

He's actually on screen. He is just too big thay he crashes your game and turns your screen black.

Also somewhat irrelevant, but how does one move from junior memeber to regular member. Sorry for the randomness of this, but can not find info on it in the terms of service.

3 Months and 300 posts IIRC changes you from junior to member

4ADT5D6.png

Pretty sure that says of the 20 unlockables one is a Xenoblade rep.

If they didn't mean that, that's even more cryptic than the original message.
That's not how the leaker had it, that's how The_ Intruder translated it. The actual leak doesn't group the 5 newcomers with the unlockables.

emb

She probably just has Brawl Marth's fair, don't think it's anything to get too excited about.
She's doing that really low to the ground though, and it looks like she's fast falling too. I don't think that's an autocancel.

Maybe it's a Smash Run thing.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
For #TeamMore

1) cut and replace

At this point I've all but given hope on Lucas.

I hope this turns out to be true.

georly

Mario Golf's DLC was fair so as long as SSB gave me my money's worth I would be fine

Nintendo's track record for DLC has been phenomenal. I think the 'worst' DLC they did (which was still really good) was fire emblem. The time/money ratio was probably the smallest out of all of their DLC, but it was still really good and I didn't feel ripped off.

If smash has DLC, I expect it to be something between that and mario kart (which is god-tier DLC).

Their big bucks will be thanks to amiibo. 13 bucks for a detailed memory card X 50-ish = lot of nintendo money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom