• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 14: Snake... had a hard life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyzon

So what's everyone's most wanted obscure Nintendo character?

Da best

mach_rider_by_gameguran-d52uzne.png

Mach Rider

Chunky

Oh god I'm thankful I don't have to choose between them lol.
In an ideal world we'd have both the EBA/Ouendan and a RH rep. Right now I'm at least hoping for a RH character because at least they're kinda likely. (If the leaked roster isn't all of it)

We need a rhythm representative!

Or Barbara from Jam with the Band gets bumped to playable. Honestly I'd be happy with any of Nintendo's rhythm guys getting in, since it's likely they would reference each other in some small way.

batfax

So what's everyone's most wanted obscure Nintendo character?

5YGrvEI.png

Ayumi Tachibana. I think it'd be cool to see how Sakurai would implement an adventure game/VN character. She also has the somewhat distinct honor of starring in a Satellaview exclusive title that wasn't just a remix of some other game like the Zelda or Fire Emblem Satellaview games.

Also acceptable is the main character of the other two Famicom Detective Club games (of which she is just a supporting character), but I don't even think he actually has a name.

Jawmuncher

Considering how this thread goes.
This is the most obscure nintendo game ever.

Pandoras_Tower_box_artwork.png

Just give me something Nintendo!
Final Boss Music or Aeron as our whip user.

Or Barbara from Jam with the Band gets bumped to playable. Honestly I'd be happy with any of Nintendo's rhythm guys getting in, since it's likely they would reference each other in some small way.

Barbara, Elite Beat Agents, and Chorus Kids work together as a three-in-one character.

Oh, Kyle Hyde. I've been silently supporting him for a while! Gimme a Smash 6 w/

Doc Louis
Impa
Paper Mario
Andy
Sami
Isaac
Kyle Hyde
Lip
Takamaru
Ayumi Tachibana
Jill & Drill Dozer
Dixie Kong
Wrestler
Kumatora
Captain Syrup
Tingle

HiroTSK5

Maaaannnn... I wish that game could have gotten a bigger reception. It's not ground-breaking or anything but I though it deserved the same attention Xenoblade and The Last Story got.

I still see multiple used copies at gamestop

I'd see Barbara kinda playing like Big Band from Skullgirls, utilizing a multitude of instruments, 'cause that's kinda what Band Bros is all about. Alternatively, she could also use magic tricks!

As far as Ayumi Tachibana goes, I really want to support her but I have no idea what she'd do, lol. I've only played a bit of the first FDC, though, and I believe she's more prominent in the second?

Jawmuncher

Maaaannnn... I wish that game could have gotten a bigger reception. It's not ground-breaking or anything but I though it deserved the same attention Xenoblade and The Last Story got.

I still see multiple used copies at gamestop

I absolutely loved it.
Bought it at launch and never put it down.

I finally ordered a copy of this the other day after having Xenoblade and The Last Story sitting here since (EU) launch.

Zubz

Banned
Oh, now that's really easy.
8RXHuSB.gif

At this point though, I'd be ecstatic if the Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan were an Assist Trophy.

Gah. How the hell did that game bomb?! They would've been my vote in Brawl, but now that Wonderful 101's a thing, I'll keep on chuggling until it actually becomes a regular IP for Nintendo.

2623996-5401857767-itJXq.gif

So... yeah. Cast my vote for Wonder Red.

I would have been fine if Aeron was in instead if Shulk. I loved Pandora's Tower. The final area where you fight the final boss would make an amazing stage.

Hatchtag

Banned
You’d have to be a lifeless machine to not support:
bwudmv.png

Ray 01

Hell yeah! Easily my most wanted newcomer, even though he's not who I wanted in the polls. /v/'s been going around saying he might be in Project M. I donno if there's any truth to that, but I wanna see my main man in Smash somehow!

Jawmuncher

Wait

English patch?!

There was one released awhile back. But since it's not a big title really didn't cause much waves over here.

I tried playing the japanese version without an english patch... and even if I could understand it, it wouldn't make the gameplay less horrible :/

Well looks like it might go back on the "maybe someday" category rather than pretty soon.

I finally ordered a copy of this the other day after having Xenoblade and The Last Story sitting here since (EU) launch.

It's a lot of fun and I would recommend actually playing with the Nunchuck and Wiimote over the Classic Controller Pro.

J@hranimo

Banned
All of these cool posts about Nintendo characters I don't know about :(

Either I'm a mainstream Nintendo fan or I'm kinda young. Feels weird.

Edit: What a way to start the new page! lol

Richie

A random sidekick from Paper Mario would cetainly be obscure to the general public. Trying to stay realistic here. It's not like we are going to get some random NES character from a game no one has heard of.

Not that I believe a Paper Mario sidekick is gonna be playable anytime soon (PM himself has yet to fill that role) but I'd be surprised if "the general public" would be able to name half the characters in this roster. There's a reason why people upload videos challenging their parents to name every Smasher, and hilarity like Zelda (Link) and Sharp Shooter Shelly (Zero Suit Samus) ensues.

emb

muddy_mole_keyartboxart_160w.jpg

This gentleman would be cool to see in the game. I can't imagine him working as a character though. At best he'd be an AT.

He's begging for a new game though, now that Nintendo's handheld and console are both dual screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom