• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 9: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if, instead of a playable character, Rayman has stage and musical representation? A trophy as consolation for not being made playable seems possible, but also weird. But whatever is happening is unprecedented and who KNOWS what this could mean.
I don't see that happening, but Rayman Origins / Legends has a killer soundtrack, so I would be fine with it.

Sponge

Banned
I wouldn't get too hyped for more third party trophies guys.

I'm assuming Sakurai may have done this because Ubisoft approached them. We might get Snake as a trophy though.

Forgive me, but I don't see why this is so shocking. Rayman clearly isn't playable, and we already know third party characters are in the game. All I take from this is Sakurai wanted to give a nod to a third party series that's a part of Nintendo's history, but didn't want to make a character out of it, so he made a trophy. It doesn't necessarily imply there's an Ubisoft rep on the roster.

I feel a lot of people are setting themselves up for disappointment here.

I'm pretty sure this is just a little cameo, not some sign that the 3rd Party floodgates have been opened.

Exactly. This changes nothing.

I feel a lot of people are setting themselves up for disappointment here.

I'm pretty sure this is just a little cameo, not some sign that the 3rd Party floodgates have been opened.

I'm now convinced the leaks are Nintendo's craziest viral marketing scheme ever designed to build hype by gaining trust then pulling the rug out from under us when we least expect it. The next two months leading up to the release are going to be interesting.

Golnei

Also, even if they're all trophies, this means we have a slim chance of Amaterasu, Bayonetta, Viewtiful Joe, Dante and Wonder-Red being in the same game. cacpcom pls

Neoxon

Also, even if they're all trophies, this means we have a slim chance of Amaterasu, Bayonetta, Viewtiful Joe, Dante and Wonder-Red being in the same game. cacpcom pls
Wonder Red is first party. Similar to how Bayonetta is owned by Sega, The Wonderful 101 is fully owned by Nintendo.

Toxi

Banned
Guys.
Shovel Knight.
GUYS.
SHOVEL KNIGHT

GET HYPE
SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT

Just a trophy would be amazing.

J-Tier

Rayman as playable DLC would be so mindfuck. A third party western character in Smash?

I'm already salivating at the thought.

And I tend to dislike the addition of third party characters.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
A new playable character will have nothing on a trophy that does nothing but sit there?
If our predictions that Shulk will be shown turns out correct, then yes, I'd say in terms of surprise, this has it beat.

And he's already a trophy. I was excited about the prospect of him sharing the same game as Kamiya's other protagonists.
Has Dante appeared on a Nintendo machine? Even if just in a spinoff.

Drago

I'd love a playable Rayman in Smash, even if it was only DLC. He'd fit right in.

^BGBW: I know he was in Project X Zone at least.

I suppose they need to pay Ubisoft in order to include one of their characters...? Are they seriously going to pay just for a trophy?

I have no idea what to think.

Kriken

I can't help but feel like this is karma for taunting Horizon about Lucina not being playable. I know it's not, but sure feels like it

Hatchtag

Banned
I suppose they need to pay Ubisoft in order to include one of their characters...? Are they seriously going to pay just for a trophy?

I have no idea what to think.

Nintendo's not going to pay for a Ubisoft trophy. Either Ubisoft paid, or there was a deal done (i.e. showing off Rayman Legends/Watch Dogs on the Wii U in exchange for the trophy, Mario and Luigi costumes in Legends in exchange for the trophy, ect.)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
UQPb2DU.png

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom