• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 9: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Status
Not open for further replies.
10487668_4227911351986_253911479_n.jpg

Sal Romano's leaker a fraud???

Durden77

I'm gonna buy them mainly for show, but I'll definitely be using them in Smash too. If they actually develop well, it could be exciting.

When Smash comes out and I'm doing nothing whatsoever except playing it, my amiibo can fight each other and my friends whenever I have to pause to handle that whole "hunger" hassle.

Livin the dream.

Golnei

I'm gonna buy them mainly for show, but I'll definitely be using them in Smash too. If they actually develop well, it could be exciting.

When Smash comes out and I'm doing nothing whatsoever except playing it, my amiibo can fight each other and my friends whenever I have to pause to handle that whole "hunger" hassle.

Livin the dream.

...Wait, so Sakurai's Substitute was foreshadowing for amiibo as well?

Mistle

I'd be pissed if he didn't make it in because I love the character and I LOVED how he played in Brawl. Legit my third favorite character in the game besides MK and Marth.

Smash 64 stage pack: every Smash 64 stage

Melee stage pack: every Melee stage

Brawl stage pack: every Brawl stage (if they don't release stage packs so help me)

Melee character pack: Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy, Mewtwo, Young Link

Newcomer pack: Cranky Kong, Ridley, Demise, Blaziken, Pink Gold Peach
For some reason I never thought of stage packs. That's a great idea (as long as we still start off with some for free).

Golnei

For some reason I never thought of stage packs. That's a great idea (as long as we still start off with some for free).

Classic stages would probably be the least controversial implementation of DLC possible - you're not taking anything away from the next installment, you're not actively inhibiting the online community, and the stages themselves aren't 'exclusive' by virtue of their past appearances. Having clones as DLC - veterans and otherwise - might be a similar prospect; the development team doesn't have to do too much work, the people who don't buy the DLC aren't cheated out of unique content, they'll still work online with no compulsory downloads on other users' ends, and those that do want it get some extra stuff to play with.

Mistle

Classic stages would probably be the least controversial implementation of DLC possible - you're not taking anything away from the next installment, you're not actively inhibiting the online community, and the stages themselves aren't 'exclusive' by virtue of their past appearances. Having clones as DLC - veterans and otherwise - might be a similar prospect; the development team doesn't have to do too much work, the people who don't buy the DLC aren't cheated out of unique content, they'll still work online with no compulsory downloads on other users' ends, and those that do want it get some extra stuff to play with.
Yep, good points, it seems like a pretty logical move. I'd love new characters and such too, but it does throw a bit of a spanner in the works, and could complicate things. (or not, I guess, I don't have much experience with DLC tbh)

Just to throw it out there again, but there were four trophies shown in the Direct. Fire Emblem, Metroid, Zelda, and Kid Icarus. We got a KI newcomer. We know we are getting a FE newcomer. I think Ridley and Demise are coming.

Just to throw it out there again, but there were four trophies shown in the Direct. Fire Emblem, Metroid, Zelda, and Kid Icarus. We got a KI newcomer. We know we are getting a FE newcomer. I think Ridley and Demise are coming.
I think this is a good example of seeing what you want to see.

I still believe in this, atleast for Ridley. After the trophy thing and the boss tease, I'm holding strong that Sakurai is playin with us because he's gunna give us Ridley as a PC.

Neiteio

I still believe in this, atleast for Ridley. After the trophy thing and the boss tease, I'm holding strong that Sakurai is playin with us because he's gunna give us Ridley as a PC.
If Ridley is playable, the layers and layers of secrecy that must've been involved to keep him from leaking are astounding

Unless... unless there hasn't been an authentic leak

OMG... What if Samurai is the Gematsu leaker

Luring us into a false sense of keikaku only to Ridley-bomb us

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The interviewer asked about Solid Snake and the other guy said they ''haven't announced him''.

Fan question: Is Solid Snake in the game?

"We have not announced Solid Snake"

Yeah, Thanks! Someone did it for me in IRC chatroom.

he said,

"...um, we have not, um, anounced Solid Snake" Nintendo Rep

I don't really like "...um" It sound like they are fumbling around so I guess they don't really want to say, "no."

Durden77

I analyzed that clip way too many times in my mad search for Snake.

He says a jumbled "We have not announced Solid Snake", but he cuts himself off with a "no?" and they stop asking about characters.

Makes me think someone in their headsets told them to STFU, which gives me some weird type of hope. I'm probably just crazy though.

Neiteio

They're not allowed to confirm or deny characters that have not been announced, so they simply say they haven't announced him. I don't think there's anything telling in him saying "um."

I wonder. If we get newcomers from 3/4 trophy series in announcements, will you folks start to believe we are getting one from the fourth?

Richie

Yeah, Thanks! Someone did it for me in IRC chatroom.

he said,

I don't really like "...um" It sound like they are fumbling around so I guess they don't really want to say, "no."

It could go either way, really, but at this point I'd rather trust he's not in as to avoid any disappointments.

I'd really like it if Snake were in, because Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance music could be in Smash Bros. if he was, but given how Sakurai's touting the three confirmed third-party characters as a huge accomplishment, I'm guessing they're it; if Snake were in, surely he'd save the "huge accomplishment" posts for when all four were revealed.

I'd really like it if Snake were in, because Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance music could be in Smash Bros. if he was, but given how Sakurai's touting the three confirmed third-party characters as a huge accomplishment, I'm guessing they're it; if Snake were in, surely he'd save the "huge accomplishment" posts for when all four were revealed.

5-player mode?

Neiteio

But if he did that, he wouldn't be able to fit Mario in the shot. I think the Mario/MM/Pac-Man/Sonic shot was more about those four as icons. Snake, being human, isn't quite as iconic... But that doesn't mean he's cut.

I mean, I can see it going either way. I'm encouraged a bit by the fact the Gematsu leak only mentioned Lucas as an endangered species, and also by the fact that Sakurai is a troll and Kojima is a troll, so what do you get when you combine the two? Fans jumping to conclusions and a trailer right before launch where Snake crawls out from under a box and says, "Kept you waiting, huh?"

Durden77

This bummed me for a while too, but I really don't think it's a big deal. Snake is a legend alright, but not like them.

Especially considering I remember Sakurai saying he really enjoyed playing with Snake's "outsider" image. When he was designing his moveset, I specifically recall him saying he wanted him to feel like he was from a different world entirely.

Plus, you know, kept ya waitin and such. I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai thinks of Snake as his own thing.

Fandangox

I initially thought the same, but then again this is a weird metric to count or discount a character.

Neiteio

This bummed me for a while too, but I really don't think it's a big deal. Snake is a legend alright, but not like them.

Especially considering I remember Sakurai saying he really enjoyed playing with Snake's "outsider" image. When he was designing his moveset, I specifically recall him saying he wanted him to feel like he was from a different world entirely.

Plus, you know, kept ya waitin and such. I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai thought of Snake as his own thing.
Exactly.

Right now, I'm guarded emotionally in case he's cut, but I'll be celebrating if he's announced. :)

Konami probably said Snake should only be included as DLC and they will take a cut of the revenue.
Hmm, perhaps...

If Ridley is playable, the layers and layers of secrecy that must've been involved to keep him from leaking are astounding

Unless... unless there hasn't been an authentic leak

OMG... What if Samurai is the Gematsu leaker

Luring us into a false sense of keikaku only to Ridley-bomb us

TyL3OJC.gif

I wonder. If we get newcomers from 3/4 trophy series in announcements, will you folks start to believe we are getting one from the fourth?

I believe in the 4 trophies, but I dunno about Demise( Could be an alt for GDorf). I think he might be just teasing GDorf's all new moveset or maybe Ghirahim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom