• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XI: Where 90% correct equals 100% wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

It's August 3rd. That means SSB4 comes out in exactly two months for the 3DS in America. Man, I can't even imagine waiting that long. I truly pity those who will not have this game on September 13th. I'm here if any of you need to grieve.
I'm cool waiting once I know the characters

harmonize

It's kind of a bummer that the way Pokémon are currently set up in Smash, you can't fight as any of the human trainers.
In an amusingly literal interpretation of that, I was actually thinking a few days ago how much of a trip it would be if we got some type of Team Rocket mercenary as a playable character that didn't use Pokemon at all outside of perhaps a final smash. He could fight somewhat like Snake
in the off-chance that he doesn't return
, and utilize the whip or prod that some of the grunts are shown to carry.

Lol.. What do you guys discuss in those thread?

I mean. . . I wana get hyped too :( .. I miss my GC marathon nights with friends playing SSB:M..

Best multiplayer game EVER..

I hate getting old.. T_T

Toxi

Banned
Lol.. What do you guys discuss in those thread?

I mean. . . I wana get hyped too :( .. I miss my GC marathon nights with friends playing SSB:M..

Best multiplayer game EVER..

I hate getting old.. T_T
We talk about nothing. It's like Seinfeld.

But yeah, I miss the big couch marathons.

I've said it before, but one character I'd really love is F-Type, from Stunt Race FX. He's the red vehicle, seen below:

cover_largejdkky.jpg

I'm not sure how he'd hold items, but picture how cool it'd look seeing him trundle along, expanding and contracting cartoonishly, spewing fire from his tailpipe or dropping oil slicks or flashing his headlamp "eyes" to dazzle opponents. And of course when he hydraulically jumps into the air, he can tumble to and fro, "tricking" through the sky. I picture him popping his hood or tilting his spoiler to launch enemies, swinging open wing-like doors, and dashing along with the same joyful "thrum" as Wario's motorcycle.

Ahhh, it'd be so cool!
Haha, I used to play the shit out of this game! I don't know about a playable character, but I'd love a stage or an assist trophy. Also has some music that would be great in Smash.

CassSept

It's August 3rd. That means SSB4 comes out in exactly two months for the 3DS in America. Man, I can't even imagine waiting that long. I truly pity those who will not have this game on September 13th. I'm here if any of you need to grieve.

I always find it so weird when a game that we've known about for so long and which had a sequel so long ago (6.5 year ago!) is so close to the release.

I really do want to know the rooster though, so I can leave it behind and start hoping for SSB5 (/6) newcomers.

I always find it so weird when a game that we've known about for so long and which had a sequel so long ago (6.5 year ago!) is so close to the release.

I really do want to know the rooster though, so I can leave it behind and start hoping for SSB5 (/6) newcomers.

The dreams for Golden Sun and Advance Wars reps spring eternal.

We talk about nothing. It's like Seinfeld.

But yeah, I miss the big couch marathons.

lol..

I hate to sound like I'm 100 years old, but Online gaming has really ruined a lot of things. I see my nephews and nieces these days, each in his own room playing "online" sometimes they even play WITH each other but online each from his own room or house or whatever..

Put them together in one room. They don't know what to do to have fun anymore and they stick their heads into their ipads/iphones/[insert_touchscreen_device]

Sad and pathetic

Anyone with shop skills able to help render the below?

Note about Koopa Crew -- Bowser Jr. could represent them.

Not sure if anyone else created one yet, but here is your version of the roster. I sort of threw together some basic icons at the top, though I'm not very good at formulating decent UI thingies. That being said, this WOULD be a great roster:

SmashRosterCustom_zps40bdc18c.png

Kyzon

Not sure if anyone else created one yet, but here is your version of the roster. I sort of threw together some basic icons at the top, though I'm not very good at formulating decent UI thingies. That being said, this WOULD be a great roster:

This is pretty good. I'd be almost perfectly fine with it. I'd switch out Mr Peepers (DH Dog) for Doc Brown ;)

I've arrived at such a supreme point of delusion in that I doubt rosters that DON'T have Ridley... I'm going to be so disappointed.

Edit: No Mewtwo as well? :'(
Love the idea of duck hunt dog though, hope he makes it in regardless of "leaks"

Fandangox

I am very happy with the Newcomers and that's with the fact that every character I have really wanted in has been deconfirmed except for Shulk.

They did a really good job with making the newcomers look fresh, and I haven't even played the game yet.

Hatchtag

Banned
I've arrived at such a supreme point of delusion in that I doubt rosters that DON'T have Ridley... I'm going to be so disappointed.

Love the idea of duck hunt dog though, hope he makes it in regardless of "leaks"

I'm at this point of delusion too lol.
70 character roster. Believe.

As long as you admit thinking Ridley is anything but a Pyrosphere boss is being at a supreme point of delusion.

I need Ridley to happen. Not because I want him in as a character (which I do), but after seeing how fast the thread moved after Robin/Lucina...we'd be through 3 threads within a week.

Neiteio

YOU LOVELY SON OF A BITCH

*kisses Weiner Whistle all over*

I DON'T EVEN CARE HOW WRONG THAT SOUNDS

THANKS!!!

EDIT: Someone asked, "No Mewtwo?" I like to envision he'd be an "Add-On Fighter" in this case -- see the tab at the top by Mii Fighters. :-D

Masked Man

I said wow
It's kind of a bummer that the way Pokémon are currently set up in Smash, you can't fight as any of the human trainers.

Because if you could, I'd be irrationally advocating Elesa against all odds:

tumblr_m43n9rhZVS1qe9j8vo1_500.gif

tumblr_mbro399DB61r2k1m8.gif

I would absolutely love to have Elesa in Smash. <3 You have excellent taste!

Replace Dr. Mario with just about anyone else (maybe Dixie?) and Dark Pit with Hades, then this would truly be perfect. Otherwise, I would be completely satisfied with this roster!

Make Dr. Mario one of Mario's alt costumes and replace his slot with Mewtwo and then swap Dark Pit for Medusa/Hades and I'd be VERY happy with that roster.

Edit- I can't believe how solidified these mock ups are starting to feel. We know Takamaru isn't in and that neither is Chrom, Waluigi, Shadow or Dark Samus. We know that Lucina and Robin are the new FE reps, we know ZSS and Sheik have their own slots, we know Charizard is back solo, etc... so many mock ups from just a few months ago predicted some or all of these things incorrectly and now it's really starting to look pretty damn close to how I imagine it will end up. Kind of exciting!

Neiteio

I would absolutely love to have Elesa in Smash. <3 Replace Dr. Mario with just about anyone else (maybe Dixie?) and Dark Pit with Hades, then this would truly be perfect. Otherwise, I would be completely satisfied with this roster!
I included Dr. Mario and Dark Pit because this roster is reconciling the Gematsu leak and the Smashboard rumor (the latter of which I'm inclined to entertain at the moment). I definitely agree Dixie and Hades would be great, though. :)

The Smashboard rumor had Dr. Mario and Dark Pit as Lucina-style clones. It also included Duck Hunt Dog and Koopa Crew (the Koopa Clown Car, with your choice of Bowser Jr. or any of the Koopalings as the pilots).

Looks pretty great. The only character missing for me is Mewtwo, whom i'd dump Dr Mario for.

52 seems the upper limit, can't see it being larger than that.

CassSept

lol..

I hate to sound like I'm 100 years old, but Online gaming has really ruined a lot of things. I see my nephews and nieces these days, each in his own room playing "online" sometimes they even play WITH each other but online each from his own room or house or whatever..

Put them together in one room. They don't know what to do to have fun anymore and they stick their heads into their ipads/iphones/[insert_touchscreen_device]

Sad and pathetic

Meh, kinda old man yells at cloud kinda thing, sorry :p But then again I'm used to it since LAN gaming was popular in Europe as far back as 10-15 years ago (maybe even earlier but I usually associate it with Counter Strike, Diablo II and Warcraft II/III).

Neiteio

Looks pretty great. The only character missing for me is Mewtwo, whom i'd dump Dr Mario for.

52 seems the upper limit, can't see it being larger than that.
Yeah, I'd prefer Mewtwo, as well, but like I said, my roster is an attempt to combine the Gematsu and Smashboard rumors. :)

I like to think that when you click Add-On Fighters at the top, an additional grid of icons appears over your character box (referring to the red box for Player 1, blue box for Player 2, etc), and then you can choose from DLC characters like Mewtwo, Snake, etc.

Neiteio

Travis Touchdown or Ray MK II, easily. I feel like either would bring something really unique to the roster.
Normally I don't like assassins in videogames, and normally I don't want them anywhere near my Nintendo characters, but Travis Touchdown is so over-the-top/tongue-in-cheek I couldn't help but love his inclusion. He comes from a zany world, so it's OK!

So guys, if you could have any one character added to the roster, who would it be?

In terms of characters who definitely have no chance of being there already: Knuckles. Sonic & Knuckles was one of my first gaming experiences and I always enjoyed playing as Knuckles more, so I have pretty fond memories of the character.

If we're just talking about any character that isn't confirmed yet, I'd love to have Mewtwo back.

Neiteio

I just want to thank Weiner_Whistle again for making a mockup of my roster from pages ago, where I attempt to reconcile the Gematsu leak with the current rumor that mods are vouching for on Smashboards:

smashrostercustom_zpstlzr3.png

Note that Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are present as Lucina-style clones, while Duck Hunt Dog and Koopa Crew (your choice of Bowser Jr. or any of the seven Koopalings, piloting the Koopa Clown Car) are there along with Shulk and Chorus Kids. Mii Fighters can be selected by their tab at the top; this would open a grid on your character box where you could assemble the Mii Fighter of your choosing. Add-On Fighters is handled the same way, opening a selection of additional DLC characters in your character box. Mewtwo, Snake, etc., could be brought back this way.

Golnei

Someone's draft of individual character symbols. It would be too fiddly to implement, but it's a nice concept.
tumblr_n9oxx84Ny71sj97b2o1_1280.png

Also,
RETURN OF GANNON

Neiteio

people REALLY want Dark Pit to be a separate character, huh? lol I still doubt itll happen but to each his/her own.
At least where my roster is concerned, it's not so much a personal "want," as it is a reflection of the Smashboard rumor that makes him a separate character. Essentially a Lucina-style clone of Pit, with different weapons featuring altered properties. If he's in the game, he's probably an unlockable that'll be revealed post-launch, since he's already been "repped" in a trailer by way of the Palutena teaser.

Richie

Banjo & Kazooie.

Atta Bat! They're really the characters that'd personally hype me the most out of any possible newcomers.

At this point of the series, though, there isn't any character I'm actively wishing for the roster. Back in Brawl it was Villager and Little Mac, and they're both here this time around. Anything from this point onward is cherry on the cake. Hell, I'd rather be surprised with what Sakurai comes up with. Initially I couldn't care less for Pac-Man, yet I find myself watching his Roundtable Live Reaction over and over again. (Really wish there was one like this for every single trailer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom