• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XI: Where 90% correct equals 100% wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb

Based on website updates.

My point is that Melee and Brawl have character update per two weeks to three weeks to keep the pace constantly steady. However with Brawl, it got hit pretty bad due to the delay. Smash4 is pretty much monthly or so.
Comparing just the dates makes the past games look better, since the websites didn't update right away. In contrast, Smash 4 has added all the characters to the site when they were shown. (Except Game and Watch, lol. And maybe Dark Pit.)

Does anyone else think that perhaps Nintendo is phasing out club nintendo? I got on today to see what the rewards were....... 4 downloadable titles and two different packs of nintendo theme greeting cards. And that's it....

What the hell am I supposed to spend my 810 coins on? I have only been participating in club nintendo for the last year, is there normally a drop off in items available?

SoldnerKei

with a month and a couple of days for the game to come out, I think there will be a "leak" every two days or something like that lel

but what really matters, what about another character reveal? veteran or new, I only remember they said there wasn't the final new character video, but I doubt they reveal like 2 more new characters in august

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
aw man I covered this one too :<

Well it was just posted today, but I do recall seeing Maxwell yesterday mentioned.

There was another one I saw yesterday that was pretty dark. A Namco-Bandai employee was leaking information because his life had no meaning anymore and he was going to kill himself. :(

Does anyone else think that perhaps Nintendo is phasing out club nintendo? I got on today to see what the rewards were....... 4 downloadable titles and two different packs of nintendo theme greeting cards. And that's it....

What the hell am I supposed to spend my 810 coins on? I have only been participating in club nintendo for the last year, is there normally a drop off in items available?

Lol think you got the wrong thread

SmithnCo

I think this is the worst it's been. I think they are slowly moving to an all-digital system, which kinda sucks. Maybe someday we'll get another surprise like the Luigi statue...

emb

It has definitely gotten worse. I guess it's slightly better than the nothing we had before 2008 at least. I liked the Game and Watch collections, the gold nunchuk, the G&W Ball replica, and the Hanafuda cards. I didn't get to buy the last two though. T.T

I guess there's the Kirby patch set that's kinda neat. And posters are ok.

But yeah, it seems like they're trying to transition it all to digital (because that probably significantly cuts the cost of procuring and shipping rewards).

Kyzon

I hope it does. Though Brawl was a bit Assault-oriented in a few lines (Panther's introduction, and Falco-Panther spat)

I want this game to bring costumes from all versions of star fox as well as taunts.

Some taunts I want using Assault like models and voices, other I want more like 64, still others I want in gibberish with SNES faces.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
with a month and a couple of days for the game to come out, I think there will be a "leak" every two days or something like that lel

but what really matters, what about another character reveal? veteran or new, I only remember they said there wasn't the final new character video, but I doubt they reveal like 2 more new characters in august

Perhaps one characters this month then other character during first week of September.

Anyway, I was checking out Brawl spoiler thread. The spoilers really hit the internet like 10/11 days before Super Smash Bros Brawl got released in Japan. I would imagine that we might get a confirmation or so during first week of September as well.

Hatchtag

Banned

I'm guessing either we'll get a veteran reveal this week and a newcomer video towards the end of august, or a newcomer video within the next two weeks. I'd imagine the newcomer video could be part of a second Smash Direct, but it could also not be part of one. They wanna keep the hype train rolling with how close to launch we are.

Plus, no reason to not up the reveal rate a little when we're so close to launch. I mean, we haven't had a bad pic of the day in the while, and we've gotten new stages and ATs fairly frequently.

Zubz

Banned

Yeah, it's never been as amazing as Europe or Japan's, but this is definitely the worst it's ever been. I'm hoping one day the come back with more physical rewards, although the prices'll probably be inflated due to how easy it is to get Platinum anymore, especially with the Wii U/MK8/Free game/DDP combo.

On topic, when're they gonna have SSB64 as a reward again? Or will they ever add Amiibos?

SmithnCo

I wonder if 64 or Assault Andross will be a stage boss... He's different looking from the SNES version so there won't be confusion.

Perhaps one characters this month then other character during first week of September.

Anyway, I was checking out Brawl spoiler thread. The spoilers really hit the internet like 10/11 days before Super Smash Bros Brawl got released in Japan. I would imagine that we might get a confirmation or so during first week of September as well.
Can't wait!

So every Assist Trophy will probably get a trophy
And every Smash Run enemy will probably get a trophy

But where does that leave Lakitu? His Assist Trophy is significantly different than his Smash Run appearance. Will they share a trophy? Will there be two trophies for him?

Hammer Bros looks the same between AT and Smash Run, so he doesn't have this issue.

SoldnerKei

yeah, even without the comparison I thought a week before launch leak would be more credible that the usual fake stuff we are getting now, hopefully september brings some good news

Tripon

AjKBA20.png

Hatchtag

Banned
Wait, you guys don't seriously believe Sakurai reads this thread do you?
Takamaru was being discussed on just about every Smash forum, and we got lucky with the Paper Mario stage. Other than that, I can't think of any times reveals have lined up, at all, with what we've guessed.

Berordn

Lucas and Ness with Kumatora/Paula alt costumes. I can already see it.

We all know Sakurai reads this thread, so it doesn't hurt putting it out there :D

Kumatora couldn't be an alt, she's too tall!

We'll just have to settle for her as yet another Mother character, what a pity.

rawktapus

Posted this last night and have already gotten a lot of responses; votes have really been all over the place and for unexpected characters. Thought I'd repost for those not awake for the POTD. Promise I'll refrain from posting about this everyday, don't want to spam!

Filled it out! Seems fun! Looking forward to all the results.

Exotoro

Well it was just posted today, but I do recall seeing Maxwell yesterday mentioned.

There was another one I saw yesterday that was pretty dark. A Namco-Bandai employee was leaking information because his life had no meaning anymore and he was going to kill himself. :(

i want to see that one, I don't think I've covered that one

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Posted this last night and have already gotten a lot of responses; votes have really been all over the place and for unexpected characters. Thought I'd repost for those not awake for the POTD. Promise I'll refrain from posting about this everyday, don't want to spam!

QUOTE THIS POST TO GET A LINK TO THE QUESTIONNAIRE.
"What's your NeoGAF username?"

Well hopefully this field doesn't get abused.

"What's your NeoGAF username?"

Well hopefully this field doesn't get abused.
Yeah, I'm trying to keep close tabs on that one. Unfortunately, there's not really a 100% accurate way to limit people to one vote, so if I don't recognize the name I'll do a quick search to make sure there in some way active on the forums.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, I'm trying to keep close tabs on that one. Unfortunately, there's not really a 100% accurate way to limit people to one vote, so if I don't recognize the name I'll do a quick search to make sure there in some way active on the forums.
Probably should ask people to say they voted so you know someone else is voting under their name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom