• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxi

Banned
6744d1320782512-finer-things-life-snake-hug.jpg
As someone who loves animals many would consider frightening, I would never leave a small child next to a large constrictor snake. There are too many real life horror stories of them killing small pets or children. I'd feel risky even owning a constrictor without proper security.

Odie_Esty

Except for Squeak Squad (where you could still equip one before the fight), but we don't count Squeak Squad.

You could make the case that he did it because opening Dark Zero's prison is a bad idea, period, but that's dumb and Squeak Squad is dumb.

What's wrong with squeak squad?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I would honestly be okay with it. Especially if Snake is DLC.

If it's real. I'm pretty much content with it! :)

Look at my list.

My original top 10 before the reveal were

1. Mega Man
2. Little Mac
3. Takamaru
4. Palutena
5. Animal Crossing Representative
6. Pac Man
7. Isaac (or Golden Sun Representative)
8. Duck Hunt Dog
9. Donkey Kong Country Representative (Dixie or King Rool)
10. Ridley

My top 10 after Little Mac's reveal

1. Takamaru
2. Palutena
3. Pac Man
4. Isaac (or Golden Sun Representative)
5. Duck Hunt Dog
6. Donkey Kong Country Representative (Dixie or King Rool)
7. Skulk
8. Ridley
9. Third Kid Icarus Representative (Medusa, Hades or Dark Pit)
10. Advance Wars

My top 9 after Robin's reveal

1. Takamaru
2. Snake (Returning)
3. Isaac (or Golden Sun Representative)
4. Duck Hunt Dog
5. Donkey Kong Country Representative (Dixie or King Rool)
6. Shulk
7. Ridley (for my friends)
8. Third Kid Icarus Representative (Medusa, Hades or Dark Pit)
9. Advance Wars

With leak if it's legit

1. Snake (Returning)
2. Isaac (or Golden Sun Representative)
3. Duck Hunt Dog
4. Donkey Kong Country Representative (Dixie or King Rool)
5. Shulk
6. Ridley (for my friends)
7. Third Kid Icarus Representative (Medusa, Hades or Dark Pit)
8. Advance Wars

Advance Wars, Takamaru and Isaac being assist trophies would be fine with me since it's better than being trophy or stickers.

Why does sakurai hate me?

Naw, it's just a rumor. Don't jump into conclusion yet.

Durden77

Agreed the DLC is what will make it or break it for me.

The DLC still being a bit shaky makes me nervous. This is starting to look fairly legit, so if it comes to that (which we'll know eventually from a PotD), I want to fucking celebrate. But at the same time....what if the DLC was just bullshit?

To his credit, Snake has been the stealthiest and most mysterious damn character this entire time, it's driving me nuts. No one can get a firm lock on him, and it just continues with him being "DLC". I wish he wasn't so godlike with his skills....

Berordn

What's wrong with squeak squad?

It's just going through the motions. It's the easiest, least interesting Kirby game out there and does virtually nothing to distinguish itself. It's 100%-able in a matter of two to three hours (and part of that is just replaying the exact same game - but with a timer!) and utterly devoid of any interesting replayable content after.

There is still some fun to be had with it. Some of the abilities were kind of neat to at least dick around with, and those subgames were cool. The Squeaks were fantastic designs even though they were boring to fight (and you fight them a lot) and while the bubble mechanic just made the game even easier there were a couple neat ideas (like how it loosely brought back ability mixing). But it's living proof that Flagship never really got into the swing of the Kirby series after Amazing Mirror previously overshot in the opposite direction.

Probably the worst Kirby game, but it's not like there's any truly godawful Kirby games. Just really boring ones.

Every time you bring this up I hate you more for putting it back in my head.

sylux_by_rundash-d5afcr0.jpg

"I finally found you. After the scramble for that ancient tech in the Alimbic Cluster, I knew it wouldn't be long until you were back in action. I kept tabs on the cardinal Hunters when they departed: Noxus got back in relegated space and retired, Spire's still mulling over the wreckage to try and find some clues on what happened to the rest of his people. Weavel ranked up on Urtraghus after he took out a Leviathan Seed in the hemisphere opposite the one you visited. Kanden and Trace? Well, neither of them were too happy about losing out on that precious Ultimate Weapon - broke out into a dogfight once they got clear of the Oubliette's debris field. Kanden won, and then I won. But that's all behind us now.

What's important is you, Samus. After your recent exploits on station BSL, the Galactic Federation is not too happy with you. Not one bit. High-priority comm channels confirmed it not too long ago. If those aggressive patrols you fought getting out of the quadrant didn't make it obvious, they're after you now. And that means that we're on the same side. You want to know why I was labeled a traitor, a 'waste of Federation resources and arms,' using bootlegged and 'contraband' GF tech? Big men upstairs were talking about Operation APEX, a procedure that would have every Federation Trooper in a next-generation Power Suit. A whole military of Samuses. They proved themselves stronger than Pirates, but too strong for the feds to keep on a leash. I'm the first and last, and they scrapped the project when I took out an orbital research station to try and stop the Parasites just like you did. Not so great being on the other side, huh?

We need to move. There's a small world about six hours from here where we can stay dark until galactic patrols scatter... unless you'd prefer to meet some of the billion-dollar bounty hunters they're commissioning."

Durden77

As someone who loves animals many would consider frightening, I would never leave a small child next to a large constrictor snake. There are too many real life horror stories of them killing small pets or children. I'd feel risky even owning a constrictor without proper security.

Hey, it's not my kid. I just googled "hugging snake" and that popped up. The snake could be dead for all we know.

26_snake.jpg

Better? More fitting anyway.

Roo

So what's the general consensus around here?
Is everyone going to play this game with the GC controller/wavebird or some will go the Wii U Pro route? I'm planning to get a Wii U Pro sometime next week but I'd love to know if it would be worth the investment.

It's just going through the motions. It's the easiest, least interesting Kirby game out there and does virtually nothing to distinguish itself. It's 100%-able in a matter of two to three hours (and part of that is just replaying the exact same game - but with a timer!) and utterly devoid of any interesting replayable content after.

There is still some fun to be had with it. Some of the abilities were kind of neat to at least dick around with, and those subgames were cool. The Squeaks were fantastic designs even though they were boring to fight (and you fight them a lot) and while the bubble mechanic just made the game even easier there were a couple neat ideas (like how it loosely brought back ability mixing). But it's living proof that Flagship never really got into the swing of the Kirby series after Amazing Mirror previously overshot in the opposite direction.

Probably the worst Kirby game, but it's not like there's any truly godawful Kirby games. Just really boring ones.

Pretty much this. It's the closest thing to a bad Kirby game, but I don't think I'd label it outright as such.

What other Kirby games have you played, Odie_Etsy?

Is everyone going to play this game with the GC controller/wavebird or some will go the Wii U Pro route? I'm planning to get a Wii U Pro sometime next week but I'd love to know if it would be worth the investment.
I'll be trying the Pro controller but most likely sticking with my faithful wired GC controller.

Durden77

DLC with fighting games is tricky. The only times it has ever been really done right have been when it's mostly ignorable.

Smash is kind of the best selling fighting game on the planet. They have to tread carefully.

I think they could definitely get away with it if they sold all five fighters (and possibly some other things included, like some stages) in a package for let's say, ten bucks. Especially if you get them for free if you buy the Wii U version.

It's if they start trying to sell characters individually, and if the total character price combined with the 3DS game price surpasses the WII U version's price where things get weird.

Valus

I'm really liking Link's 3DS design, especially that red tunic. He just looks awesome in those pics. I usually roll blue tunic Link but I might have to switch it up for the 3DS. Also, is his shield red as well?

Jawmuncher

Hey, it's not my kid. I just googled "hugging snake" and that popped up. Could be dead for all we know.

http://www.thundercut.com/files/gimgs/26_snake.jpg

Better? More fitting anyway.[/QUOTE]

lol that's pretty dark.

[quote="Durden77, post: 126349031"]The DLC still being a bit shaky makes me nervous. This is starting to look fairly legit, so if it comes to that (which we'll know eventually from a PotD), I want to fucking celebrate. But at the same time....what if the DLC was just bullshit?

To his credit, Snake has been the stealthiest and most mysterious damn character this entire time, it's driving me nuts. No one can get a firm lock on him, and it just continues with him being "DLC". I wish he wasn't so godlike with his skills....[/QUOTE]

Snakes status definitely is the most questioned element. The inclusion of DLC will definitely make things odd as well. Since if that's the case who knows when he'll be announced depending on how they go about it. Thinking he's going to be the next announced DLC is going to be painful especially if we get someone not on that list.
Since his reasoning for being added as DLC makes sense.

ffdgh

Smash will always be a gcn based game for me.

inb464

Berordn

Real talk, if Smash Run is nearly as fun as City Trial, that will probably be my go to mode for the 3DS version

Yeah, Smash Run was sort of "whatever" back in the Smash Direct but now it's easily my most anticipated game mode.

...not that we really know of many.

Odie_Esty

Pretty much this. It's the closest thing to a bad Kirby game, but I don't think I'd label it outright as such.

What other Kirby games have you played, Odie_Etsy?

One year my grandma bought me Amazing Mirror for Christmas and I rented Air Ride from Blockbuster and never took it back. That's kind of it. I really liked Amazing Mirror so i kept thinking about playing more but my systems and the kirby games never really lined up.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I'm going to try both. I really like U Pro for Mario Kart 8 since it's pretty comfortable.

so famitsu says that when you hit opponents with pac-man's final smash, they turn into just eyes

for some reason that seems kinda grim when it's living characters being eaten instead of ghosts lol

Durden77

lol that's pretty dark.

I meant the snake! The snaaaake!!

Snakes status definitely is the most questioned element. The inclusion of DLC will definitely make things odd as well. Since if that's the case who knows when he'll be announced depending on how they go about it. Thinking he's going to be the next announced DLC is going to be painful especially if we get someone not on that list.
Since his reasoning for being added as DLC makes sense.

I hope to god that if this turns out legit, that Sakurai will reveal all the DLC characters as a pack.

....but he won't. He'll spread them out to continue pumping up hype for the Wii U release. Because that's the smart thing to do. And that bastard will continue keeping me waiting in pain, because he does that.

I'd say Canvas Curse was pretty bad if you count it as a proper Kirby game.

5eCgU.gif

One year my grandma bought me Amazing Mirror for Christmas and I rented Air Ride from Blockbuster and never took it back. That's kind of it. I really liked Amazing Mirror so i kept thinking about playing more but my systems and the kirby games never really lined up.

Take it from me: Super Star, Adventure and Triple Deluxe are your immediate priorities.

K-A-Deman

sylux_by_rundash-d5afcr0.jpg

"I finally found you. After the scramble for that ancient tech in the Alimbic Cluster, I knew it wouldn't be long until you were back in action. I kept tabs on the cardinal Hunters when they departed: Noxus got back in relegated space and retired, Spire's still mulling over the wreckage to try and find some clues on what happened to the rest of his people. Weavel ranked up on Urtraghus after he took out a Leviathan Seed in the hemisphere opposite the one you visited. Kanden and Trace? Well, neither of them were too happy about losing out on that precious Ultimate Weapon - broke out into a dogfight once they got clear of the Oubliette's debris field. Kanden won, and then I won. But that's all behind us now.

What's important is you, Samus. After your recent exploits on station BSL, the Galactic Federation is not too happy with you. Not one bit. High-priority comm channels confirmed it not too long ago. If those aggressive patrols you fought getting out of the quadrant didn't make it obvious, they're after you now. And that means that we're on the same side. You want to know why I was labeled a traitor, a 'waste of Federation resources and arms,' using bootlegged and 'contraband' GF tech? Big men upstairs were talking about Operation APEX, a procedure that would have every Federation Trooper in a next-generation Power Suit. A whole military of Samuses. They proved themselves stronger than Pirates, but too strong for the feds to keep on a leash. I'm the first and last, and they scrapped the project when I took out an orbital research station to try and stop the Parasites just like you did. Not so great being on the other side, huh?

We need to move. There's a small world about six hours from here where we can stay dark until galactic patrols scatter... unless you'd prefer to meet some of the billion-dollar bounty hunters they're commissioning."

10/10 would like to hear more *munch munch*
Also I'm reading all of his lines in Steve Blum's voice.

Sacul64GC

Banned
Leaning more towards #teamreal now. I also kinda want it to be real after my roommate went on a rant on how Duck Hunt Dog is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom