• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berordn

no lucas, ice climbers and a 3rd Donkey kong and Metroid character? And fucking fire emblem and kid icarus have more than those? Fuck this. This is a sad day for me.

Just gonna put my foot down and say we still don't know this. There's no clear evidence that this is the final selection for characters and stages, but it does essentially confirm all the ones we've seen.

Whoa... this is quite a way to begin the week.

#TeamFake BTFO... and then the realization sets in that, if the DLC is actually fake like the leaker said it is, then we're saying goodbye to Lucas, Wolf, and the Ice Climbers, and the Chorus Kids are no more. I'm conflicted between my disappointment about the losses and my overall hype. :(

Bowser Jr. looks cooler than I expected, though.

I just realised, Shulk being playable almost guarantees two Xenoblade stages: one on 3DS and one on Wii U.

That alone multiplies my hype for the game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't know how to feel, still waiting from official confirmation because the fact that the footage was on a Brawl stage has me a bit skeptical.
Some of it is from Battlefield which would mean saying they modded Battlefield to look like the 3DS version. Not impossible, but they did a very convincing job of it if they did.

georly

So heath, you better start working on OT14 because we're hitting it today :p

So no Ice Climbers and a super disappointing stage roster confirmed. Oh well. 3DS version holding us back it seems.

I'm still hoping the empty black space on the top screen means more characters later (either unlockable or DLC). I know it's unlikely they'd give the ESRB a video that doesn't have everything unlocked... but that's it... it's just unlikely, not impossible.

If they cut ice climbers i'm going to be so sad.

NotLiquid

Who wants to join me in predicting that the Rhythm Heaven Wrestler is one of the last remaining playable characters

I really doubt it. If any game-specific character would be represented it'd probably be Karate Joe, but even then the Chorus Kids and/or Marshal have a bit more of an advantage here in terms of mascot potential.

Yep...you definitely can't fake that lol...Well, at least the whole #TeamFake and #TeamReal can be put to sleep now.

I wonder if the roster is complete, or if there's any characters left to be unlocked.

Wow, I've never had a leak de-hype a game for me. This sucks. Wolf & Ice Climbers get the axe and we get Dark Pit, Doctor Mario, & the Duck Hunt Dog. Are you fucking serious, Sakurai?

Durden77

Whoa... this is quite a way to begin the week.

#TeamFake BTFO... and then the realization sets in that, if the DLC is actually fake like the leaker said it is, then we're saying goodbye to Lucas, Wolf, and the Ice Climbers, and the Chorus Kids are no more. I'm conflicted between my disappointment about the losses and my overall hype. :(

Bowser Jr. looks cooler than I expected, though.

Anger. You know you're missing someone.

Golnei

Well slap my ass and call me Shirley, it's true. Really angry that Ganondorf is still Falcondorf. And he seems as fucking slow and heavy as before... Cmon Sakurai...

It's just an awful representation of the character, on top of being glacially slow and no fun at all to play. Considering it's been retained for two games now, I have to wonder if it's intentional...

-Horizon-

My god this thread now

LpkfGA3.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Who wants to join me in predicting that the Rhythm Heaven Wrestler is one of the last remaining playable characters
If a fighting based character from the RT series makes it in it will be Karate Joe rather than teh Wrestler. He presents the series far more.

Honestly I would just like a RT rep end of.

I still can hope the ESRB got an demo build and the UI looks a tad better in the final thing. That is honestly my big beef with it still. Rest of the game looks great so it would be a great pity if two of the main selection screens look poor in comparison.

CassSept

Honestly though, this is exciting but Ganondorf looks terrible again. He seems as slow as his Brawl counterpart which means to the bottom tier we go, one more time. My Melee main is useless once again ;_;

I really doubt it. If any game-specific character would be represented it'd probably be Karate Joe, but even then the Chorus Kids and/or Marshal have a bit more of an advantage here in terms of mascot potential.

It's entirely possible that Sakurai just thought that the Wrestler was a hilarious character as well. I would say that with respect to a Rhythm Heaven character being playable, it's basically limited to five choices:

Chorus Kids
Marshal
Tap Girl
Wrestler
Karate Joe

magnetic

I kinda don´t like Bowser Jr, but that clown ship is JUST a cool character. Spewing bullet bills, tongue attack... I kinda hope it will also do the "dropping a giant iron ball" move from Mario World.

That would be BRILLIANT. Much better than the chorus guys. The karate guy would be great as well, though he looks a bit dumb to be quite honest. On the other hand, he has great music. THIS! BEAT! IS NON! STOP!

SuperSah

Banned
Before I jump to conclusions, I'm going to guess the roster is incomplete and the stage select because:

1) Empty spaces in the CSS
2) The All-Stars mode is still locked
3) I really can't imagine stages being that gimped, if so, alas, they're still good,just lacking

-No Ice Climbers, Lucas or Wolf confirmed yet is disappointing.
-Bowser Jr. looks like he could be fun.
-If that's the final stage selection, it's disappointing.
-Shulk looks awful in the video, but willing to wait as he's a CPU in the footage.
-Falcondorf is still stupid. For all the 'wow, these cool details in Smash!!1!', Ganondorf sticks out as a fucking joke.
-Need to see Dark Pit, Duck Hunt, and Dr. Mario before making judgements.

Wow, I've never had a leak de-hype a game for me. This sucks. Wolf & Ice Climbers get the axe and we get Dark Pit, Doctor Mario, & the Duck Hunt Dog. Are you fucking serious, Sakurai?

I think everyone has something that has left them disappointed, but it's really important to remember or realize that clones take so little effort to include. Doc and Dark Pit didn't get in over anybody. Sakurai said himself Lucina was just a costume and this is likely the case for the others as well. They didn't take anybody's spot, or take time away from somebody else, they just got thrown in to pad the roster.

Because ultimately those clones are going to make some people happy. Kids who love Dark Pit, Melee fans with a soft spot for Doc, people with Lucina body pillows that they often talk to and have meals with. It stings at first, but once you accept that the clones are going to make more people happy than there would be without them, even if it's not by much, it's not fair to tear them down as wastes of space.

Golnei

I still can hope the ESRB got an demo build and the UI looks a tad better in the final thing. That is honestly my big beef with it still. Rest of the game looks great so it would be a great pity if two of the main selection screens look poor in comparison.

Perhaps Sakurai's wife tried outsourcing.

tumblr_naug1j3kYT1skq5rdo3_1280.png

Forkball

Sakurai dug himself into this leak hole with these bland Pic of the Days. Today was the worst offender since it was basically a clone (lol) or other pics on the site. This could've been avoided Sakurai, the Smash fanbase will stop at no lengths!

Falco
Ganondorf
Dark Pit
Doctor Mario
Lucina

Five clones. I dare you to show me a fighting game with more. I DARE YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom