• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

All we really need right now is an unconfirmed veteran. If their render on the website matches their render on the character select screen, the leak is real. If it doesn't, it's fake! Simple. Come on Sakurai!

dGXVwaW.png

Yes!

Golnei

All we really need right now is an unconfirmed veteran. If their render on the website matches their render on the character select screen, the leak is real. If it doesn't, it's fake! Simple. Come on Sakurai!

I'd rather he left us in suspense for at least a week. We still have further to fall.

Ryce

So? It's not unheard of to just name a character after their game, either way. Even "Ice Climbers" could have been "Nana and Popo".
Nana and Popo are literally Ice Climbers. A dog and a duck aren't "Duck Hunt" -- that name is completely nonsensical. Every other character in Smash Bros. has a sensible name. Villager isn't called Animal Crossing, and Mr. Game & Watch isn't called Game & Watch.

I'm ok with the teasing ones, i'm not ok with the hostile ones. In my mind, it's a knee-jerk reaction to being disappointed by the 'leaked roster,' and they're taking out that disappointment on other members. I'm sure they'll deny that, but it's how it makes them look.

If they secretly didn't think there's a chance it's real, they wouldn't be flipping out like that. They're hoping/bargaining that it's not real.

I think a lot of it is a reaction to how quickly some people bought into this leak. When the pics first started going up yesterday, there were a bunch of people carrying on about how this is it guys! and this is the real deal! without actually examining the pics. There was a lot of wholehearted and uncritical acceptance of it early on; people swallowed it because the models looked good, and were basically saying it was obviously real. Then, when people started pointing out things that could indicate the leak was fake, people snapped to the opposite extreme. It's a little more complex than the deniers just being mean to the believers because they don't like the roster. Plenty of deniers have said they'd be fine with the roster.

So how many POTD are there until Japanese release again? 3 weeks worth? I don't know how you get through those 3 weeks without a Nintendo Direct.

Nana and Popo are literally Ice Climbers. A dog and a duck aren't "Duck Hunt" -- that name is completely nonsensical. Every other character in Smash Bros. has a sensible name. Villager isn't called Animal Crossing, and Mr. Game & Watch isn't called Game & Watch.

Maybe the name of the dog is Duck Hunt

Obligatory - "I can't believe how fast these threads are going" post...

Seriously, we're up to 13??? I feel like it was 6 just yesterday.

I don't know what to think about the leaks except that, if they are fake, they're far and away the best fakes I've ever seen.

If they're real, I'm so excited about Ness and Lucas, and a little freaked out about Duck Hunt...

Lastly - The idea of the koopalings + Bowser Jr. being in there is super cool. They already have all the models from MK8, and if they make them all use the same animations... it'd be really easy. I'm hoping that one's true.

georly

It's a little more complex than the deniers just being mean to the believers because they don't like the roster. Plenty of deniers have said they'd be fine with the roster.

Yup, and I'm ok with those guys. I just want people to tone down on the insinuations, the insults, the claims that things are 'OBVIOUS.' It's insulting.

Say things in a manner that brings about discourse, not one that attempts to shut it down so you don't have to hear it. It's the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears.

Growlie19

Still firmly on #TeamFake here. I'm fine with the roster, but it just doesn't seem right. Especially the lack of a new DK character after a successful revival. I just hope Shulk's in regardless.

If this real I'm really excited for it! Hopefully the DLC is real too, I'll definitely buy every character.
Too bad Ice Climbers got demoted to DLC, but they kind of got replaced by Duck Hunt Dog so that'll be interesting.

georly

Dog & Duck, Duck & Dog, Hunting Dog, Hunting Hound... anything but "Duck Hunt."

What if... you don't control the dog!? And it's a gimmick character. You control a pointer on the screen and the dog/ducks react. You are literally playing duck hunt when you play the character :p

Stoze

I don't think the Ness consistency thing is a good indicator if it's fake. The N64 has only 4-striped sleeves and they are in reverse order, so it doesn't follow the same pattern. There could still be a smidgeon of yellow on Ness' right side that were not seeing, since he's tilting his left side forward.

#IWantToBelieve

Put me on #TeamFake on all of those leak

I don't think Sakurai's is that stupid to bring back Dr.Mario from Melee and not Mewtwo.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If this real I'm really excited for it! Hopefully the DLC is real too, I'll definitely buy every character.
Too bad Ice Climbers got demoted to DLC, but they kind of got replaced by Duck Hunt Dog so that'll be interesting.
Why would you hope for DLC planned before the game is even out? Hoping for support months down the line is one thing, but hoping characters that could have been included rather than requiring you to shell out extra, that's not something I personally wish for.

nerdbot

v5kcy4j.png

His shirt is too perfect. No shirt curve and no yellow stripe at the bottom unlike every other Smash game (and official Ness art).

Ness untucking his shirt after two decades and Mr. Game & Watch having an outline in the CSS when he had none in the Pac-Man trailer are the biggest calls for me.

The Cool Rational Gamer side of me is like "yeah this is fake" but the Emotionhaving Plebe Gamer side of me is in panic mode at the very idea of the Ice Climbers and Lucas, my two favorite characters, being on the cutting board.

Vuapol

I suppose I'll post my thoughts on these supposed new characters then.

Duck Hunt- I'm actually going to be disappointed if he isn't a character in the real thing now. This new model is so cool and one of the strongest aspects of this 'leak'. I really like the idea. And whoever came up with the Final Smash idea towards the end of the last thread (You play as the hunter and target your foes with the light gun and if you miss the dog laughs at you) is brilliant.

Bowser Jr.- I'm on the fence of this one. If you count Paper Mario as a Mario series character then he's my second most wanted Mario character but only because there's only two more Mario characters I can see working in Smash off the top of my head. If he is the supposed Clown Car character then it's an interesting idea that I'll hold off judgment for until I see it in motion.

Dark Pit- Eh. Don't see why he couldn't have been an alt with the voice and name changes. Guess we'll wait and see what the playing style difference ala Lucina & Marth.

Dr. Mario- Willing to give this a pass since he's technically a veteran and I'm sure a lot of Dr. Mario users were sad to see him cut in Brawl. I'll be interested to see his Final Smash though because it sure isn't going to be the same as Mario's.

Mewtwo- What the heck is going on here? In the original leak all characters in a Smash game either had their CSS image or an X if they were cut. Mewtwo's got the good ol' question mark. Even the leak doesn't seem to know his fate...

Cuts- I hate seeing cuts. Es no bueno. Don't see how DLC plans are already known since I'd imagine Sakurai would be busy trying to cram as much into the package as possible, and then worry about DLC-type stuff when it's on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom