• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XV: Kübler-Ross Edition

Golnei

If you have to swap the position of you hand to change what buttons on a controller you have access to: you made a bad controller.

I also think Gamecube controller is pretty overrated.
Oh shit, that's not gonna be a popular opinion.

The Gamecube controller was well-suited to Melee and F-Zero GX, but awful at almost everything else. Twin Snakes' torturous control scheme should have been evidence of that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If you have to swap the position of you hand to change what buttons on a controller you have access to: you made a bad controller.

You didn't. Games were designed around those three options that I posted. No game slipped between them. It was a controller that provided different ways to play.

Molemitts

The Gamecube controller was well-suited to Melee and F-Zero GX, but awful at almost everything else. Twin Snakes' torturous control scheme should have been evidence of that.

Yes this pretty much. I'm fine with using it for Smash, but the controller is really too unconventional for anything else. It's too clunky.

Josephl64

You didn't. Games were designed around those three options that I posted. No game slipped between them. It was a controller that provided different ways to play.

much like how the Wii had just the wiimote, wiimote+nunchuck, and horizontal.

Oh wait I probably shouldn't have mentioned that controller(even though I did like it)

Doesn't mean it makes sense. Why should you care if you aren't going to use her? Is your dislike for a character stronger than someone else's want for her?
Just because other people like the character doesn't mean I have to enjoy her inclusion in the roster. I mean, I would be happy for those that wanted her in, but I would rather have another SEGA character if they had to put another one in. Why should you care if I don't want her in?

Jawmuncher

How would it not blow your mind

If Wonder-Red was shown off, it would mean that trophy reveals can no longer be used as disconfirmation of a character!

The latter fact would be more for blowing my mind than Wonder Red himself actually.
Just beat W101 recently and while I enjoyed it. I definitely didn't like it as much as the rest of GAF it seems.

Molemitts

I hope Bayonetta replaces Dark Pit.

Either way, there's a set amount of buttons on the controller and giving you access to only a part of the controller at a time limits how you can control the game. Even if the games were designed around that aspect, it's still a bad idea.

I want Wonder-Red for these reasons:

1. Wonder-Red would bring us the newest series to appear in Smash with a playable character.
2. Wonder-Red could have a really cool moveset (maybe even be accompanied by others).
3. Wonderful 101 was very fun.
4. Trophy deconfirmation is no longer a thing, and thus it can't stifle discussion.

Ryce

1. Wonder-Red would be the newest character to appear in Smash as a playable character.
saKlJdV.png

maxcriden

I don't mean to question your decision, but I find it odd that you mentioned only playing Brawl 2 or 3 times, right before saying you enjoy games with more "franchise accurate" experiences and less mindless fighting. Because that sounds exactly like what Brawl's Subspace Emissary mode is! A fleshed out campaign mode full of great scenes mixing the best Nintendo characters interacting with each other to defeat a common threat.

It might not be the absolute best execution-wise, but if you really didn't play it, you really might want to check it out as it sounds right up your alley :p

I personally like great party games, which Smash most definitely is. In fact, I bet I would love it even if it wasn't Nintendo characters fighting. My friends and I have tons of fun playing it and that's my main purchase reason. So, if you're not a big fan of mindless party games or prefer more fleshed out single player experiences, I can totally see why you'd feel Smash isn't for you, and worry about all the fan service sucking you in for a game you won't actually like.

Thanks for this, FB. I really appreciate your thoughts. I might want to check out SSE at some point since as you surmised I don't know that I played really any of it when I dipped my toe into the Brawl waters. Anyway, thank you for your considered reply and I'm sure I'll be seeing you as always in plenty of other threads. :)

Maxcriden :(

Don't worry, you'll see me in more Skyward Sword threads soon! :)

Golnei

I wouldn't have expected bitter rivalries between the Bayonetta and Greninja fandoms to be a thing...

Can't you decide on a common enemy?

Top Bottom