• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XV: Kübler-Ross Edition

Toon Link should've used wind in some way (see my above post for the Ballad of Gales idea), and Link's should've changed too. The Triforce Slash feels so generic. Even a copy of Captain Falcon's Final Smash with Epona instead of the Blue Falcon would've been more interesting.
A wind based attack would be pretty great too, but I like the Hurricane Spin a little more because it's in most Toon Link games in some form or another, whereas wind is specifically Wind Waker. And yeah, Triforce Slash is definitely one of the more bland FSs.

Interesting thing from Walmart
Blue version as well?

BwuoY13CYAAl7Vs.jpg

Yo Kriken make a thread for this!

Wait. This was announced for the west? Great, now I'm going to have 3 3DS not including the new vesiom which I will be buying...

Why? I don't understand people who buy multiple versions lmao. Either red or blue should do just fine for you, yeah?

Okay. I can sort of understand it. Just be sure you don't get New 3DS XL. That way you can just buy plate covers and swap 'em in and out as you please.

By the way, weren't we already told through some dude on Twitter that a blue version was coming our way?

Why? I don't understand people who buy multiple versions lmao. Either red or blue should do just fine for you, yeah?

Okay. I can sort of understand it. Just be sure you don't get New 3DS XL. That way you can just buy plate covers and swap 'em in and out as you please.
I have a bland blue 3DS. Need that special edition red. Did not know we were getting it here.

Drago

Interesting thing from Walmart
Blue version as well?

BwuoY13CYAAl7Vs.jpg
Oh dang!

I guess they're doing the same thing for Smash Bros as they did with Pokemon XY last year. Red and Blue themed XLs that release two weeks before the actual game does.

It would be nice if the system had glossy faceplates like the Pokemon XLs did. The gloss actually looked really nice on those.

Who's character reveal was everyone's favorite? It doesn't necessarily have to be the reveal trailer, but Internet reactions
and meltdowns.

JbBmJ3M.jpg

For me, it's Rosalina and Luma. Galaxy is my favorite, most nostalgic game of all time and seeing her and Luma made me :').

Hang on now that I think about it do we even know any 3DS games coming out next year?

There's Code Name STEAM and the Xenoblade port. Is that it?

Just trying to think of what special edition New 3DS's we could get :p A Xenoblade one would be so hype.

Who's character reveal was everyone's favorite? It doesn't necessarily have to be the reveal trailer, but Internet reactions
and meltdowns.

JbBmJ3M.jpg

For me, it's Rosalina and Luma. Galaxy is my favorite, most nostalgic game of all time and seeing her and Luma made me :').
Robin/ Lucina because I really love Fire Emblem: Awakening and it was so unexpected because everyone was so sold on Shulk.

and meltdowns.

JbBmJ3M.jpg

Oh man, it's a tie between Mega Man and Greninja! I was so hyped seeing those trailers!

zroid

Banned
Hang on now that I think about it do we even know any 3DS games coming out next year?

There's Code Name STEAM and the Xenoblade port. Is that it?

Just trying to think of what special edition New 3DS's we could get :p A Xenoblade one would be so hype.

Rhythm Heaven
believe

and meltdowns.

JbBmJ3M.jpg

Mega man and it's not even remotely close.

J-Tier

Blue cools your hands to numb pain, red heats to relax it away.
That might just beat the vita for being... You know what? I won't go there.

and meltdowns.

JbBmJ3M.jpg

For me, Little Mac. I was so ridiculously hyped that day that I left work early.

Kurod

Banned
and meltdowns.

JbBmJ3M.jpg

Pac-Man is mine. I'm a huge fan of the older games and DX. Ms Pac-Man is one of my top 10 games of all time. Seeing the Galaga move in the trailer was awesome too.

Even though Robin & Lucina aren't my favorite newcomers necessarily, their reveal trailer remains my favorite out of all of them. The Smash community had a meltdown lmao.

jph139

Robin/Lucina is easily the biggest reveal for me - as big as, if not bigger than, the initial reveal. Not only was it mind-blowing for its leak-busting appeal, Robin was one of the characters I absolutely loved the idea of but didn't even remotely expect to see appear. And as far as actual trailer coolness, it's the one I rewatch the most; still cool to watch after all this time.

So yeah, Robin/Lucina. The crown jewel of the Smash 4 hype cycle.

and meltdowns.

JbBmJ3M.jpg

Easily Robin's and Lucina was pleasantly surprised to see Robin playable.

Other than Palutena/Mega Man most of the newcomers who have been announced so far, I've been fairly indifferent towards.

zroid

Banned
Robin and Wii Fit Trainer were the most unexpected newcomers revealed, so I'd have to go with them.

Rosalina to a lesser extent, and her trailer was incredible too, so bonus points for that.

and meltdowns.

JbBmJ3M.jpg

Robin/Lucina for coming out of left field and reviving the hype train, since before they were revealed a really cynical attitude that the Gematsu leak had already revealed everything had taken hold of the thread.

and meltdowns.

JbBmJ3M.jpg

Toss up between Mega Man or Robin due to what it meant if you were following leaks. Their trailers were great, but I wasn't really all that surprised when I saw Mac/Palutena/Shulk.

Top Bottom