• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U in North America November 21st!

Anth0ny

Thank GOD the NA version is coming out before Japan.

I was dangerously close to dropping $400 on a Japanese Wii U. It's a Christmas miracle!

Hatchtag

Banned

I was dangerously close to dropping $400 on a Japanese Wii U. It's a Christmas miracle!

I donno if I would have or not. ORAS would've maybe held me over. I'm already dropping an extra $20 on ORAS to play it a day before Smash Wii U.

I get a full week off of school for Thanksgiving week, and this is coming out right before it.

There are not enough "yes!" gifs in the world for this moment.

Kriken

But, but, I was told it would be delayed into 2015
lol

But this was expected, there was no way this would miss Black Friday

Halo MCC: Nov 11
Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 18
Pokemon Nov 21
Smash Nov 21

My life is fucked.

My November.

Call of Duty Nov 3
Halo MCC Nov 11
Ass Creed Nov 11
WWE 2k15 Nov 18
GTA V Nov 18
Dragon Age Nov 18
Far Cry 4 nov 18
Smash Wii U Nov 21

lol.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Japan is getting this.

BzV18tYCQAAmoKW.png:large
Importing the fuck out of this.

Mknzy

YES! I've been ready for this! Smash 3DS has been a great warmup, now it's almost time for the main event!

Hatchtag

Banned
YES! I've been ready for this! Smash 3DS has been a great warmup, now it's almost time for the main event!

This is how I'm really starting to feel as of recent. Can't wait to move onto this version. Everytime I end up tossing out a side b instead of a b or a dtilt instead of a dsmash, I get a little more impatient for the Wii U version.

Well, I just bought Smash Bros 3DS twice. On November 21, I'll be buying both Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. And Smash Bros Wii U.

My wallet is crying.

emb

I missed it, what's the date for Japan?
We already knew the bundle was coming. What's new in that pic though is that they're making a white controller. We're getting black only.
I actually like the black controller better. Logo shows up better, doesn't show gunk from hands as much, and doesn't fade so easily if left in the sun (from being in a car).

Has Nintendo mentioned how the connectivity will work between the 2 games? The content is largely similar, right? Will stats, unlocks, and trophy collections transfer back and forth?

I missed it, what's the date for Japan?

I actually like the black controller better. Logo shows up better, doesn't show gunk from hands as much, and doesn't fade so easily if left in the sun (from being in a car).

Japan: Dec 6.
Europe: Dec 5.

US gets it two weeks ahead.

I am not entirely sure how I feel about Smash Wii U and Pokemon Oras coming out on the same day! How will I make time or money for that...?

Has Nintendo mentioned how the connectivity will work between the 2 games? The content is largely similar, right? Will stats, unlocks, and trophy collections transfer back and forth?

They have not. In fact. LARGE chunks of the Wii U version remain a mystery. A lot of the modes in the 3ds version was unique to it, and we know the Wii U one will have some as well.

Right now, all we know is that you can transfer custom characters. No clue if unlocks/progress will carry over too.

Twiforce

They have not. In fact. LARGE chunks of the Wii U version remain a mystery. A lot of the modes in the 3ds version was unique to it, and we know the Wii U one will have some as well.

Right now, all we know is that you can transfer custom characters. No clue if unlocks/progress will carry over too.

We also know that you can use the 3DS as a controller for the Wii U version. =3

Can not wait!

For the occasion, I went ahead and did an online preorder for the local Best Buy.
I'll just walk in and pick it up on November 21st.

Huzzah~

Top Bottom