• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U in North America November 21st!

They have not. In fact. LARGE chunks of the Wii U version remain a mystery. A lot of the modes in the 3ds version was unique to it, and we know the Wii U one will have some as well.

Right now, all we know is that you can transfer custom characters. No clue if unlocks/progress will carry over too.

The ROM hacks revealed the text in the game about the connection, and all it said was transferring customizations and using the 3DS as a controller.

Lexxon

Haha. Who in their right mind would do this?

I think it's geared towards the 3DS owner who's thinking of picking up a Wii U, has friends with 3DSes, but didn't own the Wii / doesn't have any controllers other than the gamepad. At least it gives them an option to play multiplayer. I guess.

I have a feeling that crowd is relatively small though. Almost everyone had a Wii, and the Wiimote + nunchuck is still a better option than the 3DS.

NH0zEjj.gif

I like to believe Wii U to 3DS connectivity could be so those playing on the 3DS will not have to replay the Wii U version to unlock everything again and can get right onto multiplayer and the new modes. If all the trophies are on the Wii U version and the Wii U version has exclusive trophies, it could mean the Wii U version might have 1,000 trophies.

Floridian

World of Warcraft, GTA 5, Super smash bros, and Pokémon ORAS all within a week nov 14-21? My WALLET and SOCIAL time will be ruined.

tumblr_mab9pcjT5W1qhgj0co2_500.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Do we know anything about single-player modes? I might just stick with 3DS if there aren't any exclusive single-player modes.

ibjfkVYDktcjRi.gif

Heck with the inferior 3DS version, GIVE ME THE REAL DEAL! Time to get over my Bitf ending depression with a new smash game! Can't wait... actually I can but I don't want to!

Jigolo

Fuck me this is the best news about gaming I've read in a while. We are getting this before Japan? Now that's dope

MilesTeg

Banned
Do we know anything about single-player modes? I might just stick with 3DS if there aren't any exclusive single-player modes.

I'm in for the online for Wii U, local multiplayer, and using a real controller to play. Pretty much all I need.

JCX

Checklist

- request day off work
- buy multiple AA batteries for Wavebird
- Connect Wii U ethenet adapter
- Run out of USB ports on Wii U

Gamestop should have 3DS tournies at the Wii U midnight launch.

Mknzy

This is how I'm really starting to feel as of recent. Can't wait to move onto this version. Everytime I end up tossing out a side b instead of a b or a dtilt instead of a dsmash, I get a little more impatient for the Wii U version.

Yeah I've been having the same issue. I'm still having a blast with the game, but it can get frustrating sometimes. Now all we have to do is count down the days!

I'm hoping the Wii U version will have more of a sense of progression.

Everything is unlocked immediately with the 3DS version, and it feels a little empty because of it.

Probably doesn't help that there's no mission mode or anything.

Checklist

- request day off work
- buy multiple AA batteries for Wavebird
- Connect Wii U ethenet adapter
- Run out of USB ports on Wii U

Gamestop should have 3DS tournies at the Wii U midnight launch.

I'm scared to see how well or not well the ethernet adapter works. Is there an official Wii U one, or are we still relegated to the Wii one? I'm not saying there's a difference, but the tainted memory of playing Smash Bros. on Wii drives me to do everything different.

I've only ever bought two new game releases on the same day twice before in my life. Looks like I'll be going on a third. But how am I gonna set aside time for this and Pokémon?? >.<

JCX

I'm scared to see how well or not well the ethernet adapter works. Is there an official Wii U one, or are we still relegated to the Wii one? I'm not saying there's a difference, but the tainted memory of playing Smash Bros. on Wii drives me to do everything different.

I'm not sure, I only ever played brawl on Wifi and assumed it was the main issue. I'm gonna test it with MK8 to see if it helps.

MilesTeg

Banned

I use one I got on Amazon since a couple months after Wii U launch. Pluggable brand USB 2.0-Ethernet adaptor. Got it for $15. It works great, I feel like playing MK8 online I have an advantage over Wi-Fi users. Would recommend.

I use one I got on Amazon since a couple months after Wii U launch. Pluggable brand USB 2.0-Ethernet adaptor. Got it for $15. It works great, I feel like playing MK8 online I have an advantage over Wi-Fi users. Would recommend.

Do you have a link to the actual adapter you have that you could post?

I like to believe Wii U to 3DS connectivity could be so those playing on the 3DS will not have to replay the Wii U version to unlock everything again and can get right onto multiplayer and the new modes. If all the trophies are on the Wii U version and the Wii U version has exclusive trophies, it could mean the Wii U version might have 1,000 trophies.

Yeah. I really hope that I don't have to grind everything out again. Obviously, there'd be different unlocks for the stages, but even if the characters aren't too much of a hassle to unlock to begin with, I'd rather just avoid it altogether. Particularly since Sakurai thought that roster parity was of paramount importance, it's not like there's any surprises there.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Worst Kept Secret

I'm very exciting for upcoming game! :D Only a month and half. That's my deadline for me to finishing everything with Smash 3DS.

Kouichi

The 3DS version has been making me immensely excited for the Wii U version. HD graphics and Gamecube controller oh god I can't wait

Exile20

Toad in dec and Smash in Nov before other territories.

I swear Nintendo works on a points system and Reggie spent all of his on Toad and Smash U. :)

Top Bottom