• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the issue in other regions playing a demo when one region has the full game.
Why make us wait all that time?

It's all about marketing. NoA has decided that a later release date will be more lucrative; and if they judge that releasing the demo very close to the official release (just as was done in Japan) is more lucrative, then we'll get our demo at the end of September.

Money talks, yo.

WgbP85Y.png

SAKURAAAAIIII

I don't think it's possible for me to stay more in tune than I am now.

I expect the demo by the end of the week.

random25

The chances of a Wii U e-shop demo soon is pretty good right now. I'm also excited to play that version!

Damn, hope the Treehouse guys announce a demo after the show.

Does anyone know how to connect a 3DS to wifi when the Wifi is one of those web browser sign in things? (Enter email, click accept). I'm in a dorm. Is there any way to connect to its wifi or am I doomed?

Jawmuncher

The way I see it. You have a whole region playing the game a month before anyone else.
If the demo is ready at this point for the other regions what exactly are you taking away from? Its a 5 character, rule limit demo.

Now I still think were going to get it later just because of Nintendo reasons. But at the same time I can see us actually getting it early for once.

It's all about marketing. NoA has decided that a later release date will be more lucrative; and if they judge that releasing the demo very close to the official release (just as was done in Japan) is more lucrative, then we'll get our demo at the end of September.

Money talks, yo.

Basically what I said above then.
It's all in there court on what they think a early demo might do. Guess we'll just wait and see.

SuperSah

Banned
The way I see it. You have a whole region playing the game a month before anyone else.
If the demo is ready at this point for the other regions what exactly are you taking away from? Its a 5 character, rule limit demo.

Now I still think were going to get it later just because of Nintendo reasons. But at the same time I can see us actually getting it early for once.

Nintendo :/

They don't give a fuck who's playing it a month early, we must be punished for our sins.

Does anyone know how to connect a 3DS to wifi when the Wifi is one of those web browser sign in things? (Enter email, click accept). I'm in a dorm. Is there any way to connect to its wifi or am I doomed?

I think it's the same way with phones/laptops. Set up the connection first, then go to internet browser and see if anything comes up. Not too sure.

Can Link still charge his Up+B on the ground...?

Yes.

In the demo so far I've encountered;

Assist Trophies
  • Dark Samus
  • Isabelle
  • Mother Brain
  • Girahim
  • Elec Man
  • Nintendog
  • Lyn
  • Color TV Game 15
  • Chain Chomp

Pokemon
  • Dedene
  • Electrode
  • Fennekin
  • Entei (Master Ball)
  • Staryu
  • Gogoat
  • Abomasnow

Anyone find any others?

Downloading the demo right now, hold me gaf. This is my first smash, not sure what to expect.

It's so weird for me to think that there are people here for whom this is their first Smash. What must that be like, to go in without the baggage of previous entries, almost a clean slate?

Have fun with it!

FZZ

Banned
Man most people thought the previous thread would be the last one before the game released lol. You guys are insane.

majik13

so many threads...

and a demo?

fuk, I remeber importing the OG Japanese N64 Smash on luanch, in high school, no one knew what to expect. What a summer too. Was really strange hearing the US SFX later on though, felt foreign.

And now the hype flows through my veins again. Havent been following this one too much.

Jawmuncher

Maybe fear people will get tired of the game or burn themselves out over like three weeks of play.

I guess that could be a reason but it's still a odd one to me. Since I doubt the 5 characters in are going to be the only ones people want to play as. Plus the force rules should help alleviate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom