• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like a lot of the Mario combos are only working against the lvl 1 computers. The lvl 9s are just jumping/air dodging out of them :/

I'm loving the positive early impressions though. I truly hope this game shines.

Also, you should check out, like

any thread about demos

It is full of people who say things like "I loved having demos, I just subsisted on them until the game got cheaper." Or "I just got new PS1 demo discs instead of buying games."

One of the reasons companies mostly stopped doing demos is because most people either realize they don't like it or they've had their fill.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I'm still playing the demo.

Jawmuncher

The people in this thread aren't the people Nintendo's trying to sell this game to, though, since we preordered it long ago. It's the people who are on the fence about "this whole Smash Bros. thing" that Nintendo wants to lure in without burning out.

I know that. The post was just in general regarding us in the thread.
Considering the sales of melee and brawl. How many customers can be on the fence for smash though.

Blizzard

Banned
In the demo so far I've encountered;

Assist Trophies
  • Dark Samus
  • Isabelle
  • Mother Brain
  • Girahim
  • Elec Man
  • Nintendog
  • Lyn
  • Color TV Game 15
  • Chain Chomp

Pokemon
  • Dedene
  • Electrode
  • Fennekin
  • Entei (Master Ball)
  • Staryu
  • Gogoat
  • Abomasnow

Anyone find any others?
I saw Metagross and Mr. Saturn. *edit* I think Mr. Saturn is a normal "item", my bad, but I did see Metagross stomping.

It looks like a lot of the Mario combos are only working against the lvl 1 computers. The lvl 9s are just jumping/air dodging out of them :/

I'm loving the positive early impressions though. I truly hope this game shines.

That's good. As someone who spends most of his time playing against CPUs, I want lvl 9s to be competent and dangerous opponents (which is why I'm still a little worried about all the people saying the lvl 9s in this demo seem easier.)

Pikma

Banned
Also, you should check out, like

any thread about demos

It is full of people who say things like "I loved having demos, I just subsisted on them until the game got cheaper." Or "I just got new PS1 demo discs instead of buying games."

One of the reasons companies mostly stopped doing demos is because most people either realize they don't like it or they've had their fill.

And it's even worse when demos have so much replayability, just like this one

Knuckle Joe

I've also encountered Snorlax from a Pokeball, everything else was the same as yours StreetsAhead.

Sweet!

So, we know these are in the demo:

Assist Trophies
  • Dark Samus
  • Isabelle
  • Mother Brain
  • Girahim
  • Elec Man
  • Nintendog
  • Lyn
  • Color TV Game 15
  • Chain Chomp
  • Magnus
  • Andross
  • Knuckle Joe

Pokemon
  • Dedene
  • Electrode
  • Fennekin
  • Entei (Master Ball)
  • Staryu
  • Gogoat
  • Abomasnow
  • Snorlax
  • Arceus (Master Ball)
  • Metagross (thanks Blizzard)

I know that. The post was just in general regarding us in the thread.
Considering the sales of melee and brawl. How many customers can be on the fence for smash though.

There are probably enough younger players who missed Melee (that was 11 years ago, remember,) and maybe even Brawl, or perhaps players who don't know whether they want the 3DS version or not. There's been a lot of skepticism about how well Smash will play on a handheld; there are probably still a lot of people who aren't sold on the idea of Smash 3DS.

FSLink

Banned
I'm pretty sure I encountered Samurai Goroh as well.

Anybody get any other Nintendogs besides the French Bulldog?

Mory Dunz

Thanks to those who responded.

So, base-power wise, Link's Up+B is stronger than in Brawl right?

So when it's charged, is it stronger than Melee's at least you think?

That's good. As someone who spends most of his time playing against CPUs, I want lvl 9s to be competent and dangerous opponents (which is why I'm still a little worried about all the people saying the lvl 9s in this demo seem easier.)
I'm all for CPUs being competent. I'm just worried about airdodges ruining the combo game still. I shouldn't worry too much though. Things have def been promising so far.

Jawmuncher

There are probably enough younger players who missed Melee (that was 11 years ago, remember,) and maybe even Brawl, or perhaps players who don't know whether they want the 3DS version or not. There's been a lot of skepticism about how well Smash will play on a handheld; there are probably still a lot of people who aren't sold on the idea of Smash 3DS.

That makes sense. It has been quite awhile since brawl alone.

I think Nintendo doesn't want people going "Okay, that was a fun few weeks with this game, I can wait for the Wii U version now."

They want you to buy both, even if (and especially) that means preying on your hype.

Also, you sort of stop buying 3DS games while you're trying to make a single executable last as an end-run around its play limit. Probably not good for them overall.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hey, you may not have gotten a free Smash demo, but at least you got a free U2 album right?

JoeInky

Playing it now, I'd ask if anyone wants to know anything but with all the streams going on and the other people that have it in this thread, most of the stuff has probably already been answered.

FSLink

Banned
Thanks to those who responded.

So, base-power wise, Link's Up+B is stronger than in Brawl right?

So when it's charged, is it stronger than Melee's at least you think?
I wouldn't say it's as strong as Melee's knockback wise, but it's great as an edge guard tool again.

Does Link's dair have less lag when fast falled or is it just me? nair and bair are obvious but didn't see anyone else mention dair

Anyone?

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
You're going to get burned out soon! You might as well not even get the game anymore 😏

No way, I can play this forever. And I need to buy the full version to play as Wii Fit Trainer.

I think Nintendo doesn't want people going "Okay, that was a fun few weeks with this game, I can wait for the Wii U version now."

They want you to buy both, even if (and especially) that means preying on your hype.

Also, you sort of stop buying 3DS games while you're trying to make a single executable last as an end-run around its play limit. Probably not good for them overall.
The demo being restricted to 2 minute matches with only 5 characters should be torture for most people.

Edit: Oh, I understand your post now. I think the 3DS version could easily stand on its own.

Sweet!

So, we know these are in the demo:

Assist Trophies
  • Dark Samus
  • Isabelle
  • Mother Brain
  • Girahim
  • Elec Man
  • Nintendog
  • Lyn
  • Color TV Game 15
  • Chain Chomp
  • Magnus
  • Andross
  • Knuckle Joe

Pokemon
  • Dedene
  • Electrode
  • Fennekin
  • Entei (Master Ball)
  • Staryu
  • Gogoat
  • Abomasnow
  • Snorlax
  • Arceus (Master Ball)
  • Metagross (thanks Blizzard)

I saw Kyurem come out of a master ball.

Playing it now, I'd ask if anyone wants to know anything but with all the streams going on and the other people that have it in this thread, most of the stuff has probably already been answered.

I'm sure everyone would be interested to hear what you think about it, even if there aren't any more new discoveries to make.

ubiblu

The demo being restricted to 2 minute matches with only 5 characters should be torture for most people.

Agreed. I've already put over an hour into it and already frustrated by the lack of progression, characters and stages. I'm convinced the game will be amazing based on the great experience so far, but it gets a bit old quite quickly.

JoeInky

The endlag on megaman's moves feel insane on my first go of the game.

But I'm still not used to playing on the 3DS, I'd be using Y for specials, B for normals and X/A for jumps if I could customise so I keep doing the wrong shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom