• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it is this:

- The game should have been a worldwide release.
- It isn't.
- The demo is coming out now so people can play it and get hyped without deciding they've had enough and not buy it.
- It stands to reason it is coming out for the place that is getting it first, first.

This would be solved by the original problem not being a problem in the first place, but it is, so the rest kind of logically follows.

JoeInky

Fuck I have to make an NNID or something to get the demo.

Flailing around right now, I need to go fast but hands too slow.

ubiblu

I had no interest in ever playing Villager, but completely blown away with how well they play in the demo. Final smash is hilarious too. Must. Resist. Playing. More.

Roo

In the demo so far I've encountered;

Assist Trophies
  • Dark Samus
  • Isabelle
  • Mother Brain
  • Girahim
  • Elec Man
  • Nintendog
  • Lyn
  • Color TV Game 15
  • Chain Chomp

Pokemon
  • Dedene
  • Electrode
  • Fennekin
  • Entei (Master Ball)
  • Staryu
  • Gogoat
  • Abomasnow

Anyone find any others?

Andross
Magnus

botty

Banned
WgbP85Y.png

SAKURAAAAIIII

:eek:

Jawmuncher

I find it hard to believe people in this thread would get burnt out on smash if they got the demo now. Considering people here unlocked characters with nothing but vs methods.

I don't see how someone could get burned out on a 5 character, 1 stage (2 if you count the omega form) demo.

But hey, that's coming from me, a huge Smash Bros. fan.

I find it hard to believe people in this thread would get burnt out on smash if they got the demo now. Considering people here unlocked characters with nothing but vs methods.

I am operating under the assumption that Nintendo is not only allowing people in this thread to download the demo.

This may be naive of me.

Pikma

Banned
If it wasn't for the leak we and our "logic" would probably say that the Mario's Wario alt is a confirmation of Wario being out :lol

Jawmuncher

People play Smash games for years. Who the hell would get burnt out on a demo that only has 5 characters and a single stage?

Plus a timer.
You would sooner get tired of the forced rules and get excited to play the real thing over being burnt out on smash.

The people in this thread aren't the people Nintendo's trying to sell this game to, though, since we preordered it long ago. It's the people who are on the fence about "this whole Smash Bros. thing" that Nintendo wants to lure in without burning out.

I skipped so many pages when I realized that there was a new thread already....@.@

Also: SAKURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI!!!!

And first post wearing my old avatar ;w;

Jawmuncher

I am operating under the assumption that Nintendo is not only allowing people in this thread to download the demo.

This may be naive of me.

I'm not trying to come off as mean. That was just directed at the general talk. There's been plenty if games with demos way before release and I doubt that's been a major cause of people turning away a purchase. I don't have any data like Nintendo might have though so I guess it can be a factor for then somehow.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If it wasn't for the leak we and our "logic" would probably say that the Mario's Wario alt is a confirmation of Wario being out :lol
If anyone seriously came to that conclusion,, they should have been forced to add a dunce cap to their avatar since Mario's had that outfit since Smash 64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom