• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Super Bash Sisters tournament will begin soon! Three more days till it all starts! ^^

Just trying to get everyone prepared, so that everything can go by smoothly. Wouldn't want to have anybody forgetting, or delaying a match for another. :3

Thread to the tourney: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=916081

Hope you guys subscribe to it to make things easier as well, for all of those who are participating. ^^

I can't wait till it all begins! :D

The Super Bash Sisters tournament will begin soon! Three more days till it all starts! ^^

Just trying to get everyone prepared, so that everything can go by smoothly. Wouldn't want to have anybody forgetting, or delaying a match for another. :3

Thread to the tourney: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=916081

Hope you guys subscribe to it to make things easier as well, for all of those who are participating. ^^

I can't wait till it all begins! :D

ayyyy Reset Bomb Forest is in there!

not bad, now just implement bans in Bo3 sets :p

Zubz

Banned
Ahh so DLC is rated separately huh. Interesting.

He really looks buff in the Wii U version

So... I know you really want Wolf, but someone's priority for DLC just shot straight up with that news.

bayonetta-animation-o.gif

And seriously. Ike's riiiiiiiiiiiipped.

rekameohs

Banned
I think that Rainbow Cruise is going to appear as a past stage in the Wii U version. It's music is in Smash Run in 3DS, and the only other past stage like that is Temple, which we know is in.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Ahh so DLC is rated separately huh. Interesting.

Nah, that doesn't change anything.

I think some people see that as a "free pass" for Nintendo to go above the main game's rating, but it's the opposite I believe...that just means that the ESRB has to review anything they add to the game as well, and I don't think Nintendo would, or maybe could (?) add anything that'd result in like a T.

Jawmuncher

Nah, that doesn't change anything.

I think some people see that as a "free pass" for Nintendo to go above the main game's rating, but it's the opposite I believe...that just means that the ESRB has to review anything they add to the game as well, and I don't think Nintendo would, or maybe could (?) add anything that'd result in like a T.

It all depends on how the ESRB feels.
We still don't have anything but assumptions as to why Brawl was rated T.
It could have been a case where Nintendo didn't even care about the game getting a T rating, they just lucked out and got a E10 compared to Brawl.

I never thought Wonderful 101 music would appear on Mario Galaxy, holy shit

Tables Turn and Won-Stoppable Wonderful 101 HAVE to appear somewhere in the game now.

I dunno. I saw a picture of Mario vs Ganondorf getting codec without Pit. Did they mention it with voice or subtitle?

Subs this time, at least in UK stream, were very... distilled, to say the least. And yes, this was mentioned by the announcer dude; a D-Pad still was shown at the time.

Richie

HOLY SHIT

IS THAT THE FINAL BOSS THEME FROM WONDERFUL 101

HOLY FREAKING FUCK

Yes this pretty much nullifies the chances of an unlockable Wonderful 101 stage but I'm still so damn pleased that the game is represented beyond trophies. Plus it's not playing on just any stage, but on Mario Galaxy baby! Game of the generation-tier! How about that respect?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh man, I sort of hoped we had a hidden Wonderful 101 level, but music being on the Galaxy Stage removes that chance. Nice, regardless.

Man, Mario Galaxy looks a bit dull mechanically. I thought it had more to it other than being a slanted walk-off with two platforms.

Anyone has any idea what track "Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger" refers to?

Oh! Do we know what level that plays on?

I always thought a great Duck Hunt Stage would be one based off Wild Gunman, a wild west town...and this would point towards such a stage. Although I could see it fitting on Bridge of Eldin I guess.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
2Yv619T.jpg

Did anyone mention Ultimate Chimera Trophy were shown in Smash Tour? I decided to take a look at the pictures again and I spotted Ultimate Chimera trophy.

Richie

2Yv619T.jpg

Did anyone mention Ultimate Chimera Trophy were shown in Smash Tour? I decided to take a look at the pictures again and I spotted Ultimate Chimera trophy.

Good eye! Man, I hate New Pork City, but I'd welcome its return with open arms as part of a DLC package that also included Lucas.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Good eye! Man, I hate New Pork City, but I'd welcome its return with open arms as part of a DLC package that also included Lucas.

I dislike New Pork City but I think New Porky City might be more fun when you have 6-8 players brawling all over the stage.

Ahnez

Oddly, there is no Ultimate Chimera trophy in Brawl, despite New Porky City. And now it shows up, even without mother 3 reps

:p

Richie

I dislike New Pork City but I think New Porky City might be more fun when you have 6-8 players brawling all over the stage.

That's a good point. Sure, part of my hate toward that stage comes from it being enormous and having a camera that just won't zoom in, but there's also the fact that it's a bunch of random platforms sprinkled through, like a glorified Brawl Stage Builder creation. Mother dressing aside, it'd have fit just fine with the three Custom Stages you get in the game by default.

Also, my heart weeps a bit reading the comments on YT complaining about W101 music in their precious Mario Galaxy stage, which I bet is already overflowing with glorious Galaxy tunes. Then again I should know better than reading YT comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom