• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloading the demo now, Nintendo of Australia pulls through for once!

Has anything new come out since yesterday? Hearing most if not all of the characters mentioned in Spainkiller's post have already been found as trophies, so I'm guessing that sort of dampens the whole idea they're being held back for the Wii U.

Also Mechanical Rhythm being in is fucking awesome, love that track. Has the rest of the soundtrack been uploaded yet?

Kriken

I thought you were georly for a moment lol

image.php

I think HE'S the fake hedgehog around here

Edit: Made a minor cosmetic change to the avatar while I try to fix it completely

Bass260

I was fortunate enough to get a demo code from a very nice individual on another forum!

Let me just say : Mega Man's final smash in beautiful 3D is one of the greatest things I've ever seen. Just about brought a tear to my eye. Sakurai has really done him justice while his owners left him to rot in the doghouse. We love you Mega Man <3 enjoy your stay with Nintendo.

Oh and btw, Nintendo is totally buying the Mega Man IP. Only 3rd party character in the demo, he's featured as a character on the eshop quite frequently (although Sonic is too) and they've given him lots of promotion like in the AKB48 ad.

Woffls

Anyone had problems downloading the demo from the EU store? I just get errors every time :/

[edit] Having read that title for the fourth time, I think I've established that demo talk goes in the OT? Okie doke, off I go.

Chances for a Wii U demo have to be fairly good after this, right? :(

Woffls

Your code might not be European. Someone else had a similar issue. We should probably move the demo discussion tot the 3DS OT like the title says.
Just edited my post a few seconds late, will move talk to OT. Incidentally, the email footer is all UK/EU stuff so I have no idea what's going on. Hopefully I will wake up to a solution...

It could be a placebo effect to a certain extent after mostly playing PSASBR on the Vita for the past week since it was free on PSNPlus, but this game feels a lot faster and snappier than I remember Brawl being, and it's only been a few weeks at most since I played that and Melee.

The 30fps AT's are really noticeable, but it's nothing big.

darkmagus

Finally got to play the demo and man oh man Mega Man is so much fun, i have been using him for two hours lol. Every character in the demo feels so good.

I can't seriously wait for the full version, I am even more hyped now.

Downloading the demo now, Nintendo of Australia pulls through for once!

Has anything new come out since yesterday? Hearing most if not all of the characters mentioned in Spainkiller's post have already been found as trophies, so I'm guessing that sort of dampens the whole idea they're being held back for the Wii U.

Also Mechanical Rhythm being in is fucking awesome, love that track. Has the rest of the soundtrack been uploaded yet?

Where did you get the demo from? Is it in our eShop or did they send you a code?

Where did you get the demo from? Is it in our eShop or did they send you a code?
I woke up to an email from NoAus this morning! Pretty sure it's the same email I use for the Nintendo Club stuff, so if you've ever used it you should probably have an email as well? Australia doesn't seem to have the Silver/Gold/Platinum member status stuff America/Japan does, so I'm assuming it's as long as they already had you registered before they started sending the demo out.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
It's a bafflingly good demo. I was literally awestruck at how smooth the controls were, I felt I had even more control over my character then I could get with a Gamecube controller. My roommate barely even follows the smash scene and even he was quivering with excitement.

Meffer

It's a bafflingly good demo. I was literally awestruck at how smooth the controls were, I felt I had even more control over my character then I could get with a Gamecube controller. My roommate barely even follows the smash scene and even he was quivering with excitement.

The controls and gameplay is so good, it's so smooth. The hype is real.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Are there any major reasons why this game will not go over well worth the competitive scene, based on this demo? It seems fast and complex enough to me.

I woke up to an email from NoAus this morning! Pretty sure it's the same email I use for the Nintendo Club stuff, so if you've ever used it you should probably have an email as well? Australia doesn't seem to have the Silver/Gold/Platinum member status stuff America/Japan does, so I'm assuming it's as long as they already had you registered before they started sending the demo out.

I didn't get it, apparently I'm not good enough *cries in corner*, I'll just have to wait it out until the 19th.

Snapping is definitely either dramatically scaled back or flat out gone, because there's been a ton of times I figured I'd be able to grab a ledge which I would've been able to in Brawl and I've just fallen to my death.

Only negative thing I can say so far about the overall gameplay is everybody seems to die at a noticeably higher damage percentage than they would've in previous games. Just means things go on longer than they normally would, but I can't see why like something that couldn't be easily accommodated in tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom