• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't they the same except Marth does more damage with the tipper while Lucina has her damage spread.around the blade?

Shouldn't that make Marth better at high levels of play, or does the new physics make that style of play for Marth not that good anymore?
No, Lucina just has all of the damage everywhere from what I understand. Like hitting with the tip with Marth is the same as hitting someone anywhere with Lucina. I could be wrong though.

emb

No, Lucina just has all of the damage everywhere from what I understand. Like hitting with the tip with Marth is the same as hitting someone anywhere with Lucina. I could be wrong though.
Now that I think about it, how does Lucy's spike work?

(But from what I had heard, her attacks do a little less than Marth would do with tippers. I could be wrong though)

Golnei

I thought it was something similar to the damage dealt by the tip of Marth's sword exceeding Lucina's maximum damage, but the damage dealt from anywhere on Lucina's sword exceeding the damage dealt by anywhere on Marth's excluding the tip; which possibly could make her more useful overall.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh boy our local game store is giving these when we preorder!

10600574_474801575995zaqx0.png

10501621_474799575996vurac.png
10157224_474799392662wyp2a.jpg
10696342_4747995926629opdy.png

Yeah it got remixed a little.

I bet it's for the Wii U version.

emb

"for 3DS" is still such a terrible name. That fact just becomes even more apparent when plastered on to merchandise.

emb

It's really weird how they asked the represented-correctly question as two separate things. Should have been a yes/no.

Kjellson

I might be setting myself up for disappointment here, but I actually believe Isaac may be a DLC newcomer.

Or maybe he's just a Wii U exclusive AT, lol.

emb

I almost want to main Dark Pit for dat salt :p
Also what's with the Megaman hate?
His play style doesn't resonate with a lot of people. I guess he's also been known for a while, so some of the hype for him has worn off.

It's kind of a weird poll, with 5 characters (roughly) everyone's played, while the rest of the cast only a few have gotten a chance to mess with so far.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I just realized that last color for Sheik was Tetra.

Kinda makes sense

...I'm not wrong, am I?

Its your opinion but most of people think it's Impa colors.

I might be setting myself up for disappointment here, but I actually believe Isaac may be a DLC newcomer.

Or maybe he's just a Wii U exclusive AT, lol.

I would pegged on latter one or completely cut out of Smash franchise.

Everytime I see Dark Pit I get legit pissed off.
good, Dark Pit should go straight to hell.

nx4tRsk.jpg

Ryce

I notice the Wii Fit icon has her hair in a bun, but her model has it in a ponytail...
The shirt's different, too. It's not actually supposed to be the Wii Fit Trainer -- it's just a random woman doing yoga. It's one of the silhouettes taken from the promotional materials.

Uh99BDp.jpg

Golnei

The shirt's different, too. It's not actually supposed to be the Wii Fit Trainer -- it's just a random woman doing yoga. It's one of the silhouettes taken from the promotional materials.

Uh99BDp.jpg

...Actually, that makes me want a silhouette alt for WFT. HFT's version can even be blue, to call back to the newcomer that should have been.

246288-nintendo-wii.jpg

"for 3DS" is still such a terrible name. That fact just becomes even more apparent when plastered on to merchandise.

Someone suggested, and this could be true, that it's supposed to be a weak form of wordplay, the "for" also being read as "four". Even the Japanese cover art retains the "for Nintendo 3DS" in English.

munchie64

It's a two minute cameo in one of the game's early stages, only three or four after his introduction.

Unless they were referring to the City of Souls or the Chaos Vortex instead of the Underworld proper, of course.
I.. actually forgot about that.

I was just fooling around anyway. Dark Pit at one point being in the Underworld isn't much of a spoiler :p

emb

Someone suggested, and this could be true, that it's supposed to be a weak form of wordplay, the "for" also being read as "four". Even the Japanese cover art retains the "for Nintendo 3DS" in English.
Right, I see where people might like it from that angle... but I really don't still.

Though I don't have any better suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom