• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread XVIII: Today, we are all Mewtwos

Status
Not open for further replies.

georly

I know amazon has non official ones. I got my official one back in April
I wish I had :/ I decided to wait to see how online was on 3DS. Wish I hadn't.

That's weird but I have seen people saying that Amazon is still selling LAN adapter and have been restocked occasionally.

Not official nintendo ones

Guys is it wrong that I am considering buying a brand new TV just for this game?

I am too. I think I'm going to spend my new tv budget on amiibos, though.

I'll probably get a new TV for Zelda Wii U next year.

Neiteio

Add-On Content Pack #1 (Pokémon):

- Mewtwo
- Squirtle
- Ivysaur

Note: You can also buy them individually. Already have Mewtwo via the 3DS/WiiU promotion? Get Squirtle and Ivysaur at a discount.

Add-On Content Pack #2:

- Ice Climbers
- Lucas
- Wolf

Note: Ice Climbers have been reworked so that Popo and Nana are inseparable -- thus, no AI routine is needed for Nana, and they'll work on 3DS. Overall, it's a buff to the character.

Add-On Content Pack #3 [Newcomers]:

- Captain Toad
- Chorus Men

Note: Chorus Men are inseparable, like new Ice Climbers, making them work on 3DS and WiiU. Also, Captain Toad includes a Toadette alt.

Add-On Content Pack #4 [Newcomers]:

- Dixie Kong
- Inklings

Note: Inklings include male and female variants.

But 1080P, 60 FPS, 8 player smash. I don't know if I can resist. I bought my current TV 4 + years ago and it just looks so small and lonely now.

SeanR1221

- Mewtwo
- Squirtle
- Ivysaur

Note: You can also buy them individually. Already have Mewtwo via the 3DS/WiiU promotion? Get Squirtle and Ivysaur at a discount.

Add-On Content Pack #2:

- Ice Climbers
- Lucas
- Wolf

Note: Ice Climbers have been reworked so that Popo and Nana are inseparable -- thus, no AI routine is needed for Nana, and they'll work on 3DS. Overall, it's a buff to the character.

- Captain Toad
- Chorus Men

Note: Chorus Men are inseparable, like new Ice Climbers, making them work on 3DS and WiiU. Also, Captain Toad includes a Toadette alt.

- Dixie Kong
- Inklings

I like it all except having that many Pokemon.

-Horizon-

It's not.

I can tell you it's real.

but I would be lying :v

I knew it was too good to be true :(

r1Eqh.gif

- Mewtwo
- Squirtle
- Ivysaur

Add-On Content Pack #2:

- Ice Climbers
- Lucas
- Wolf

- Captain Toad
- Chorus Men

- Dixie Kong
- Inklings

I'd buy pack 4 in a heartbeat. I'd pick up pack 3 for toadette. The rest... well, I'm sure plenty other people would buy them :p

JazzmanZ

Add-on Content Pack 1: Pokemon mania

Includes the following

1 New character (mewtwo)
2 New stages (Pokemon stadium for 3DS, and Pokemon floats 2 for Wii U)
5 new Pokeball pokemon
Additional Music
More trophies

$4.99

Pack 2: Donkey kong

Includes the following

1 new character (Dixie Kong)
1 New stage (Donkey kong tropical freeze for 3DS and Wii U)
2 new items
2 Donkey kong assist trophies
Additional music
More trophies.

$4.99

Zalman

I think people are taking DLC for granted. We might not even get anything after Mewtwo. Both Sakurai and Namco Bandai need to move on.

georly

But 1080P, 60 FPS, 8 player smash. I don't know if I can resist. I bought my current TV 4 + years ago and it just looks so small and lonely now.

Well, I already have a 42" 1080p LCD TV that does 60FPS, but I was looking to upgrade to a bigger (50"+) LED TV.

I think people are taking DLC for granted. We might not even get anything after Mewtwo. Both Sakurai and Namco Bandai need to move on.

I'm assuming mewtwo is the end of it just so I don't get my hopes up. The only weird thing is that he is SPRING, which means some development team (no matter the size) is going to be working on smash until spring, at least. Seems weird that they'd be there til spring JUST for mewtwo.

Moonlight

Banned
Nintendo doesn't, though. Smash is their biggest release this holiday and it'll likely be one of the biggest releases that the WiiU will ever see. They're going to do their damndest to milk it.

georly

You can use a TV for more than Smash, whereas Amiibos..

I can also use for more than smash! Smash, Mario Kart, Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors!

My TV isn't horrible by any means, though. I just want to make it bigger! It's already 42" and I sit like 5 feet away.

RomanceDawn

Before we even saw the first trailer for Smash I just knew the shoe ins of the game would be Mewtwo, Palutena, Little Mac and Dixie Kong. Even after the final roster was leaked I knew it was only a matter of time before Mewtwo came back as DLC along with newcomer Dixie Kong.

I didn't even need Spainkiller for the good faith I just knew eventually they would all become reality.

Yes you should buy a new TV.. this game is gonna look bonkers in 1080p in front of your face. I cant wait. Higher resolution gonna be doing this game mad favors

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Guys is it wrong that I am considering buying a brand new TV just for this game?

Well, it's depend on how old your television or do your television have any issues? I don't blame people for buying new hd tv for Smash U because it LOOOK SO GORGEOUS!

Not official nintendo ones

That's weird that Nintendo wouldn't restock the LAN adapter after Sakurai adverting it in both directs.

I don't really expect any dlc characters other than Mewtwo but it don't hurt for some people to discuss about dlc characters.

SalvaPot

I still think there is a fair chance Ice Climbers and Chorus Kids become New 3DS exclusive, even if compatibility with OG 3Ds is an issue, that didn't stop them with the pokemon games (Rotom forms, I'm looking at you)

Neiteio

Maybe someone can find the quote, but I recall Sakurai saying he's "not even halfway done" (or something to that effect) with Smash 3DS/WiiU, implying he's going to keep working on content after the WiiU version is out. Which we know is already the case with Mewtwo, and I'm sure Nintendo will have other characters for DLC this spring, as well. I mean, look at the continued support for Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8. I have to imagine Nintendo can and will make a killing on Smash DLC.

But even if Mewtwo were the only character, that'd be fine. I just don't see any problem discussing DLC. I think there's a very good chance we'll see quite a bit of it. :)

Since you guys are talking about TVs. I'm pretty weird where I prefer to game exclusively on a 23" screen, if I'm playing alone.

Has the ASUS "Evo" Monitor been replaced with something better? I loved that monitor and I actually liked that it had built in speakers.

Just need somthing with next to no input lag for something like Smash.

Neiteio

I still think there is a fair chance Ice Climbers and Chorus Kids become New 3DS exclusive, even if compatibility with OG 3Ds is an issue, that didn't stop them with the pokemon games (Rotom forms, I'm looking at you)
Like I said, perhaps multi-man characters like Ice Climbers and Chorus Kids can be reworked so the characters are inseparable. Thus, Nana and the other Chorus Kids wouldn't need their own AI routines. They'd just magnetically snap to the lead character wherever he goes. That should free up significant CPU resources and make them more akin to a regular character.

Those aren't the same things. The Pokemon games are seperate pieces of Software. They're not going to have people pay for characters that they can't play online and can't play with the majority of their friends.

Son Of D

If Squirtle and Ivysaur weren't cut (or are included in the Mewtwo DLC) then we could actually have an 8-player all Pokemon Smash with no one using duplicate characters.

Roo

zlCfzSlsxaADLyAUvH

Pic of the day. The color variations for Shulk are all based off outfit colors of his travel companions…excluding one of them. Lucina's color variations are also based off the female characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.

Why is Riki Shulk staring at Swim trunk Shulk's bulge?

d1rtn4p

It's weird, they do DLC preorders for their own titles but no actual games.

But pretty much everything is a midnight launch for them now so I guess it's not terrible, just kind of mismanaged.

I just worry about the congestion of trying to download the game during that first weekend. I think I'm just going to end up going physical to guarantee I get it that Friday.

SalvaPot

Those aren't the same things. The Pokemon games are seperate pieces of Software. They're not going to have people pay for characters that they can't play online and can't play with the majority of their friends.

The thing is, they won't be able to buy them if they are using an OG 3DS, and if they become n3DS exclusive I mean they are also going to be playable in the Wii U version (And yeah, I realize I used the word exclusive badly, sorry for that), so you can play them in both the n3DS and Wii u version as extra features...

But again, this is all speculation I know it really is not likely, but if the excuse for IC to not be playable was the limited hardware of the OG 3DS, then that excuse can be worked around with the new 3DS.

And with Pokemon I mean games that are supposed to be from the same generation, Pokemon platinum had the Rotom-Formes and the Origin Giratina and you couldn't use them against friends with Diamond/Pearl, of course at that time it was excusable since there was no way to patch them in, but nowadays we just got confirmation that some megaevolutions are going to be only usable in OmegaRuby/AlphaSaphire, and not compatible with X/Y, games that can be patched to add that functionality. I really don't have an issue with this, just mentioning precedents of exclusive features from Nintendo games.

Neiteio

If Squirtle and Ivysaur weren't cut (or are included in the Mewtwo DLC) then we could actually have an 8-player all Pokemon Smash with no one using duplicate characters.
Yep. And I have no doubt Squirtle and Ivysaur DLC would make Nintendo a LOT of money. The power of Pokémon! :-3

SapphireZora

Neo Member
So with Mewtwo coming back I was thinking about who the next most popular Pokemon are.

Blastoise seems like he'd be easily the next in line, but beyond that I've got no clue. Arcanine, Gengar, Dragonite, Eevee, Nidoking all seem popular. Not many gen 2-6 Pokemon seem as big as the originals, Scizor, Blaziken and Hawlucha come to mind but not a whole lot else.

I vote for Gengar. He's humanoid, has a very distinct design, and having a Ghost type would allow for some interesting moves. A few months ago, we got a cool Gengar Nanoblock set.

Gengar is my favorite Pokemon, so I would be ecstatic if it was ever playable. Of course it's a pipe dream at this point, but it would be fantastic.

I'm glad Gastly gets at least a little love in Smash Run. And Chandelure as well. :)

So with Mewtwo coming back I was thinking about who the next most popular Pokemon are.

Blastoise seems like he'd be easily the next in line, but beyond that I've got no clue. Arcanine, Gengar, Dragonite, Eevee, Nidoking all seem popular. Not many gen 2-6 Pokemon seem as big as the originals, Scizor, Blaziken and Hawlucha come to mind but not a whole lot else.

Lots of legendaries are popular too obviously, but the most popular are ones that are too big, like Lugia and Rayquaza. Mew maybe.

Gengar is my favorite Pokemon, so I would be ecstatic if it was ever playable. Of course it's a pipe dream at this point, but it would be fantastic.

I'm glad Gastly gets at least a little love in Smash Run. And Chandelure as well. :)

Poor Mawile and Lilligant never get any love :(
That said, there are Petilils in smash run but I just feel guilty whenever I have to hit them XD

I have a feeling in a year or so they'll announced "Super Smash Bros 4 New 3DS: Director's Cut Edition"

It'll contain all of the DLC released up to that point on the cart, plus Ice Climbers and a few other characters.

They'll also take the original Smash Bros 4 Wii U out of print and replace it with the Director's Cut, which also comes with all the DLC, New 3DS characters and feature enhancements.

Regular Wii U users could upgrade for a small fee (like 5-10 dollars).

The 3DS version will be left on its own, and no longer supported.

Neiteio

I'm thinking of going from 42" to 60", but I am also having insane thoughts about how much that will cost.

MUST. RESIST.
I have a 47-inch, and watched GameXplain's 1080p footage of 8-player Great Cave Offensive on it. Looked perfectly fine. I'm sure your 42-inch will manage it just fine, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom