• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS: Info Collection - Dojo, Mega Man and Trailer! 2014!

That means squat. And by whom? When I think of snake I think of Metal Gear Solid, not the platform the games are.

He was already in brawl, he fits the universe. If you don't think he doesn't fit that's a different story, but obviously a lot of people disagree.
I would think most people. I dont know, I just doubt Nintendo is going to be as willing to jump through the legal issues again if they arent going to benefit much from the MGS series.

Fandangox

I would think most people. I dont know, I just doubt Nintendo is going to be as willing to jump through the legal issues again if they arent going to benefit much from the MGS series.

I am sure they did. At the very least it got MGS fans to look into the game.
Plus I think the biggest barrier is to whether Kojima wants Snake in the game again and if Sakurai wants to keep him.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
tumblr_mockth1aQ61sv7ddqo1_1280.jpg

Awesome Fanart!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ROB was such a cool and interesting pick. He was just a bit clunky. Understandably clunky, but still clunky. Still one of the more fun characters to play in Brawl IMO.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
ROB was such a cool and interesting pick. He was just a bit clunky. Understandably clunky, but still clunky. Still one of the more fun characters to play in Brawl IMO.

I'm sorry to disagree with you there. He's boring to play as and I would sigh every single time I got him from random.

Draconian

That means squat. And by whom? When I think of snake I think of Metal Gear Solid, not the platform the games are.

He was already in brawl, he fits the universe. If you don't think he doesn't fit that's a different story, but obviously a lot of people disagree.

Wasn't he only in Brawl because Kojima asked Sakurai to include him? He was and always has been a reach, and I personally don't get why he's included if he's never going to show up on Nintendo consoles anymore (MGS 3D aside).

GamerSoul

I'm sorry to disagree with you there. He's boring to play as and I would sigh every single time I got him from random.

I personally don't like the guy but I have a close friend who loves him and he can kick my butt with him. I never see that laser or spinning top coming AND Damn those Jet boosters too! heh. I think he has a lot of options.

Edit: lol Shitty Robots.

I will never understand the ROB hate, he's a fun character to play. I mean, he's a robot who does robot things, what else would you expect a robot to do? And he got his Gyromites at least. I'm not sure how I would've implemented Stack Up blocks.

I wonder why they stopped with that game. I meant it's so awesome games for kids. I'm worried about finding one for my children. :(

Alas, the last few games bombed really hard if I remember correctly, and they just won't bring in the cash anymore.
You could still try and get a hold of the old ones, though!

Ezalc

Am I the only one that wants a character that uses some sort of staff/lance/an actual halberd? (Metaknight's ship obviously doesn't count) I think it would be pretty cool.

At least he has the robot thing going for him, there are no excuses for Lucario. Want to talk about a boring character that literally will force me to cancel matches, that's Lucario. Outside of his popularity I'll never understand why people enjoy playing as him. Bores me to tears.

Azure J

Am I the only one that wants a character that uses some sort of staff/lance/an actual halberd? (Metaknight's ship obviously doesn't count) I think it would be pretty cool.

Nah, you aren't. At one point I was vouching for Shiida (Marth's wife) to jump in on this just because she was a Halberd/Lance user.

^Also what he said.

GamerSoul

Palutena could potentially use a staff. Medusa also. So yes I think it would be nice.

Tan

No! And somehow we'll get Pitoo to fill this gap.

ugly

#TeamROB

Can somebody tell me who the hell "Marth" is? Not Marth, I mean "Marth".
When people put those quotes in like that.
Who the what
What is that??

Can somebody tell me who the hell "Marth" is? Not Marth, I mean "Marth".
When people put those quotes in like that.
Who the what
What is that??

Fire Emblem: Awakening spoilers (tho I haven't played the game myself, so I might be off):
There is a female character who masquerades as Marth

Ezalc

Have you not noticed all the Palutena support around here?
I haven't played the new KI game man, I don't know much about Palutena besides the fact that she's hot.
Nah, you aren't. At one point I was vouching for Shiida (Marth's wife) to jump in on this just because she was a Halberd/Lance user.

^Also what he said.
There are lords from FE that use lances, better to use them than Shiida.
There's always Waddle Dee.
Was hoping for some important characters.
Palutena could potentially use a staff. Medusa also. So yes I think it would be nice.
Does KI ever show Palutena ever actually fighting? I always thought she just stayed on the sidelines. DOn't know much about Medusa either.
...yeah, I would like a polearm user.
It'd be totally awesome man, I love polearm weapons. Though there are more popular lords than Ephraim who can use them.
No! And somehow we'll get Pitoo to fill this gap.
Who?
In that case, Krystal is your character!
I'm actually one of the few that don't mind Krystal joining as long as she has her staff and has moves completely different from Fox.

As obscure as R.O.B. is, he's actually one of the most deserving characters to be featured in Smash Bros. Perhaps not due to popularity, but rather the important role he played in the NES finding success in America.

Hey there, who would like to see Rate Their Chance debut on NeoGAF?

I'm planning on running a version on Smashboards and I've been thinking about this; what if we get multiple websites involved? I'm already thinking about GameFAQs, so perhaps NeoGAF would be interested? Note that this isn't meant to increase or decrease character chances, just a fun way to discuss characters as well as see what other sites think. I'll have results for Smashboards, NeoGAF, GameFAQs and all three sites together for character.

Not sure if such a thread is allowed on NeoGAF, but if it is, I'd like to see your thoughts on this and I will elaborate more on it.

Does KI ever show Palutena ever actually fighting? I always thought she just stayed on the sidelines. DOn't know much about Medusa either.

Yes she does.

It'd be totally awesome man, I love polearm weapons. Though there are more popular lords than Ephraim who can use them.

I know, but I only ever played Sacred Stones, so I'm only familiar with that cast. :)

Palutena
is a boss fight.

Seriously though, play the damn game. There shouldn't be any Nintendo fans in this game who have not played Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Also, Palutena is hot, funny, intelligent, powerful, and virtuous. You could not ask for a better character to be added into this game.

Also, I am judging you all as posters now based on whether you support or reject Palutena. Though even the most staunch Palutena supporter goes into the shit pit for suggesting Krystal.

I'm actually one of the few that don't mind Krystal joining as long as she has her staff and has moves completely different from Fox.

Oh, you are? Then I take back my "Bahaha."
I need to keep track of people. But awesome! I'm pretty sure if she was to join, she'd have her staff. As for the clonage, I would think Sakurai could make a pretty different moveset.

Kenai

At least he has the robot thing going for him, there are no excuses for Lucario. Want to talk about a boring character that literally will force me to cancel matches, that's Lucario. Outside of his popularity I'll never understand why people enjoy playing as him. Bores me to tears.

Seriously?

Not only does he have one of the smoothest side dodges in the game for me, but he's got the increased power from battle damage mechanic going for him. Character specific mechanics like that are rare, and what originally drew me to him, alongside Olimar's Pikmin maintenance, Pokemon Trainer character swapping and Ice Climbers partner use and abuse.

It's quite fun to win a high damage spar as Lucario, then start playing the "minigame" of capitalizing on the continued high powered attacks as long as you can.

L Thammy

Taking out ROB would be incredibly lame. Unique characters should be improved upon: balanced and made more unique. Clone characters should be made more unique, or else give their more interesting features to the original.

Seriously though, play the damn game. There shouldn't be any Nintendo fans in this game who have not played Kid Icarus: Uprising.

I'll be trying to get that game soon. But so many bills. T_T

Also, I am judging you all as posters now based on whether you support or reject Palutena.

What if I wanted Medusa more than Palutena because she was the villain in the classic games, but would not mind Palutena as secondary KI choice?

She could be a Palutena clone. heheh. Yea I wrote that dreaded word.

Anyways, I see Palutena is the best shot we have for a Staff user so it'll like happen, imo.

You know, at this point.. I don't really care or mind. This could be our last Super Smash Bros. :( I'll take a Medusa as a clone to Palutena!

I wouldn't doubt it, and I welcome her with open arms, even though I don't know shit about her. :3

Top Bottom