• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS: Info Collection - Dojo, Mega Man and Trailer! 2014!

Ezalc

Yes she does.

I know, but I only ever played Sacred Stones, so I'm only familiar with that cast. :)

Interesting, and you should check out the other games in the FE series man. They're awesome.

Palutena
is a boss fight.

Seriously though, play the damn game. There shouldn't be any Nintendo fans in this game who have not played Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Also, Palutena is hot, funny, intelligent, powerful, and virtuous. You could not ask for a better character to be added into this game.

Also, I am judging you all as posters now based on whether you support or reject Palutena. Though even the most staunch Palutena supporter goes into the shit pit for suggesting Krystal.

How about you buy me the game and a 3DS and I'll promise you to play it? Because until I am able to own that stuff I, unfortunately, won't be able to see why everybody loves KIU so much.

Oh, you are? Then I take back my "Bahaha."
I need to keep track of people. But awesome! I'm pretty sure if she was to join, she'd have her staff. As for the clonage, I would think Sakurai could make a pretty different moveset.

I would hope so!

Shhh don't fight it, just embrace it.

Important or not he'd be one heck of a fun character if he played anywhere near like he did in KRTD. That Spear Copter.

I think he would make for a fun assist trophy.

Yes, Palutena fights in KIU, but I can't get into specifics without spoiling a major plot point!

Lol I read the other spoiler that Kars posted, but not much beyond that. I'd rather keep the plot a bit of a secret since I still want to play the game one day.

But I mean users that use the weapon in a way to fight with melee moves not like a magic staff. They have to at least use it to bonk somebody on the head.

Not gonna lie -- when I saw that boxing ring in the video I immediately started hoping for Little Mac to make it in as a playable fighter.

This is a little off-topic (considering the current topic, anyway), but did anyone notice the lighting tweaks to Samus' Final Smash? I really like how the light bounces off the stage. I thought this must have happened in Brawl, but I fired it up today and discovered that it did not.

L Thammy

When we saw Pit's recovery, he shot diagonally up and forward. Seems like it's being massively nerfed. Gliding will probably receive a nerf of its own if it's still there.

zashga

It'd be a great way to re-introduce a Ganondorf with a moveset that isn't a clone of Captain Falcon's, since his WW look is really different from his OoT and TP designs, so I'd love that change. Plus, WW 'dorf would be on the general public's mind due to WWHD's release later this year.

By the way, I only played WW on my cousin's GC a long time ago, so I don't remember how the final battle went. Did Ganondorf cast magic there?

I would love that. Wind Waker Ganondorf is the best Ganondorf. Plus they could introduce someone like Samurai Goroh as the new Falcon clone, which would make more sense.

WW Ganondorf isn't particularly magical, no. The only magical thing he really does is
summon a big Ganon/Moldorm puppet for you to fight

Ezalc

Not gonna lie -- when I saw that boxing ring in the video I immediately started hoping for Little Mac to make it in as a playable fighter.

One of my biggest requests to be playable. He's from a fighting game, I think it's so weird that he wasn't playable before.

Seriously?

Not only does he have one of the smoothest side dodges in the game for me, but he's got the increased power from battle damage mechanic going for him. Character specific mechanics like that are rare, and what originally drew me to him, alongside Olimar's Pikmin maintenance, Pokemon Trainer character swapping and Ice Climbers partner use and abuse.

It's quite fun to win a high damage spar as Lucario, then start playing the "minigame" of capitalizing on the continued high powered attacks as long as you can.
I didn't say I wanted him cut just that he bores me to tears. I just cannot like him as a fighter. He is mundanity incarnate.

Anyone has anything to say about Rate Their Chance? Just want to make sure whenever or not it's okay and if people are interested.
A little big, but sooo good.
I'm not on the "Capcom hates Mega Man" boat (since after all, if they did, they wouldn't even allow Mega Man in), although considering how poorly Capcom has treated the franchise, it's speak more of that Capcom still has to fix a burnt bridge that will take years to recover. We're very lucky that Capcom was very favorable to having Mega Man in or Mega Man could have very well died out.

But honestly, I'm just glad to finally see Mega Man in Smash. I had been having doubts about him in the few months before his confirmation and seeing him in has only brought me nothing but happiness inside of me. Having wanted him in ever since I started to want characters (back in 2007), it's great to see that a long wait has finally been worth it. Him turning out as great as he did only solidify Mega Man as my main for the next game.

Helps that Mega Man's inclusion bodes well for quite a few potential characters; especially Ridley and King K. Rool. Really, if Mega Man can get in, then what does that say for Ridley and King K. Rool? That they are likely to show up.

zroid

Banned
I'm not on the "Capcom hates Mega Man" boat (since after all, if they did, they wouldn't even allow Mega Man in)

While I don't feel strongly about this, honestly, Capcom letting Mega Man join the Smash roster could just as easily be a sign of how they don't want to deal with him anymore. Here they have an out which will likely satiate a large number of fans, and they don't actually have to do anything themselves except provide a minuscule amount of consultation.

Kenai

I didn't say I wanted him cut just that he bores me to tears. I just cannot like him as a fighter. He is mundanity incarnate.

So a design thing? I can't particularly agree there either (losing characters with totally unique movesets rather than variations make me even sadder than straight roster cuts), but hey, nothing wrong with opinions! Even if he is cut I'll always have Brawl...

Please give him Jigglypuff-amnesty, Sakurai Q_Q

Kangi

I love all of these comics that show Mario and whoever being friendly to Mega Man and it being so sympathetic to the downtrodden robot.

And yet the game centers around them beating the snot out of each other and if anything he's been sent off to die in a deathmatch with giant lizards, human-devouring puffballs, and inter-dimensional octopi.

Please develop a Mega Man game, Nintendo.

RM8

A Nintendo-made Mega Man. Retro in charge, but Good-Feel takes care of the visuals. Blows that it's never happening.

I've made a list of the character I see as certainly being in the game (characters that there's no way they're going to remove).

So far we have these already in the game:
1- Mario
2- Link
3- Samus
4- Donkey Kong
5- Pikachu
6- Fox
7- Bowser
8- Kirby
9- Pit
10- Wii Fit Trainer
11- Villager
12- Mega Man

The ones I think they can't/won't remove:

13- Captain Falcon
14- Ganondorf
15- Princess Zelda (and Sheik)
16- Ice Climbers
17- Ness
18- Luigi
19- Yoshi
20- Jigglypuff
21- Princess Peach
22- Diddy Kong
23- Marth
24- Falco

That leaves these Brawl characters up in the air:

- Ike
- King Dedede
- Lucario
- Lucas
- Meta Knight
- Olimar
- Pokemon Trainer
- R.O.B.
- Solid Snake
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Wario
- Wolf
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Toon Link

Thinking that there are at least around 24 cemented characters gives me hope for the size of the new game's roster.

Salsa

if people are gonna all Goku!! Naruto!! with ridiculous third party cartoon awful idea stuff then

ku-xlarge.jpg

GamerSoul

Anyone has anything to say about Rate Their Chance? Just want to make sure whenever or not it's okay and if people are interested.I'm not on the "Capcom hates Mega Man" boat (since after all, if they did, they wouldn't even allow Mega Man in), although considering how poorly Capcom has treated the franchise, it's speak more of that Capcom still has to fix a burnt bridge that will take years to recover. We're very lucky that Capcom was very favorable to having Mega Man in or Mega Man could have very well died out.

But honestly, I'm just glad to finally see Mega Man in Smash. I had been having doubts about him in the few months before his confirmation and seeing him in has only brought me nothing but happiness inside of me. Having wanted him in ever since I started to want characters (back in 2007), it's great to see that a long wait has finally been worth it. Him turning out as great as he did only solidify Mega Man as my main for the next game.

Helps that Mega Man's inclusion bodes well for quite a few potential characters; especially Ridley and King K. Rool. Really, if Mega Man can get in, then what does that say for Ridley and King K. Rool? That they are likely to show up.

And I'd be interested. I want to see how off we are in the end lol. And Yea man, I was wondering about what you're take on Megaman inclusion was. IIRC, you always had hoped a little more than the rest of us for him in the other thread and you had the MM avi before too.

Kangi

A Nintendo-made Mega Man. Retro in charge, but Good-Feel takes care of the visuals. Blows that it's never happening.

Retro could better handle the blazing difficulty Mega Man is famous for (if this hypothetical game really is a revival of the classic Mega Man like SSB4's Mega Man is), but I see Good-Feel doing great things with it, plus they'd be more likely to make it than Retro, anyway. Just no Mega Yarn Man for this, that'd be silly.

...Why am I talking about this as if it actually has a chance of happening.

While I don't feel strongly about this, honestly, Capcom letting Mega Man join the Smash roster could just as easily be a sign of how they don't want to deal with him anymore. Here they have an out which will likely satiate a large number of fans, and they don't actually have to do anything themselves except provide a minuscule amount of consultation.
Can't really say I agree to this. Capcom did state they were discussing (not making, discussing) a new game and they did collaborate on the design for Mega Man with Sakurai. Capcom were also very favorable to the idea of Mega Man, which made the licensing work in regards to him relatively easy.

Not only that, Smash is going to be a huge hit, which is going to focus a ton of attention on Mega Man and much more demand for a game. I do expect to see the franchise return to making games within around five years. Optimistic as it may be, but after Mega Man's inclusion, it saved what little faith I had in the video game industry left.
I don't know how it'd work here on GAF, but I like the idea behind Rate Their Chance astar.
I've been planning on making a thread dedicated to this game it come to fruition. Everyone not already confirmed will be rated and yes, that includes the practically confirmed Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii.

zroid

Banned
Can't really say I agree to this. Capcom did state they were discussing (not making, discussing) a new game and they did collaborate on the design for Mega Man with Sakurai. Capcom were also very favorable to the idea of Mega Man, which made the licensing work in regards to him relatively easy.

Not only that, Smash is going to be a huge hit, which is going to focus a ton of attention on Mega Man and much more demand for a game. I do expect to see the franchise return to making games within around five years. Optimistic as it may be, but after Mega Man's inclusion, it saved what little faith I had in the video game industry left.

Well, like I said, I don't feel strongly about it, but to me it seems a bit overzealous to assume that Mega Man's back in Capcom's good books just because he's appearing in Smash Bros. It could go either way.

Draconian

I wonder how many random/off the wall characters like Wii Fit Trainer are gonna be in the game. A playable Nintendog character would be an out of nowhere pick, not to mention amazing! It's a shame it probably won't happen, but I'll settle for the Nintendogs stage on the 3DS version.

I'll be trying to get that game soon. But so many bills. T_T

What if I wanted Medusa more than Palutena because she was the villain in the classic games, but would not mind Palutena as secondary KI choice?
1) Make it a priority game.
2) Your opinion for the latter will change once you play.

GAMERG0D

I've made a list of the character I see as certainly being in the game (characters that there's no way they're going to remove).

1- Mario
2- Link
3- Samus
4- Donkey Kong
5- Pikachu
6- Fox
7- Bowser
8- Kirby
9- Pit
10- Wii Fit Trainer
11- Villager
12- Mega Man

13- Captain Falcon
14- Ganondorf
16- Ice Climbers
17- Ness
18- Luigi
19- Yoshi
20- Jigglypuff
21- Princess Peach
22- Diddy Kong
23- Marth
24- Falco

- Ike
- King Dedede
- Lucario
- Lucas
- Meta Knight
- Olimar
- Pokemon Trainer
- R.O.B.
- Solid Snake
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Wario
- Wolf
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Toon Link

Thinking that there are at least around 24 cemented characters gives me hope for the size of the new game's roster.
Olimar is getting his own game on Wii U and so is Wario (Game & Wario is a Wario game, right?). Lucas could stay in because the Mother series is getting more recognized outside of Japan with the release of Earthbound on the Wii U VC sometime this year. Mr. Game & Watch has been with the series since Melee so he might have a chance, Toon Link may have been on the Spirit Tracks stage on the 3DS version but the Link from A Link Between Worlds could make it in, or alternatively Toon Link could remain only on Wii U as WW Link because of WWHD. The other characters could be up in the air.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Hey there, who would like to see Rate Their Chance debut on NeoGAF?

I'm planning on running a version on Smashboards and I've been thinking about this; what if we get multiple websites involved? I'm already thinking about GameFAQs, so perhaps NeoGAF would be interested? Note that this isn't meant to increase or decrease character chances, just a fun way to discuss characters as well as see what other sites think. I'll have results for Smashboards, NeoGAF, GameFAQs and all three sites together for character.

Not sure if such a thread is allowed on NeoGAF, but if it is, I'd like to see your thoughts on this and I will elaborate more on it.

I'm not sure if it's allowed or not since it's gamefaq-ish thread but shoot a message to moderator and see if they approve that or not.

Edited: Other advice, you need 300 posts to able to create thread.

Just trust me, by the end of the game, Medusa will not be your most wanted KI character.

I know about Hades and the others, I've already been very spoilered. :p Even seen several cutscenes.
Perhaps you're right, but Medusa has the classic importance going for her, which makes her so much more interesting in my opinion.

1- Mario
2- Link
3- Samus
4- Donkey Kong
5- Pikachu
6- Fox
7- Bowser
8- Kirby
9- Pit
10- Wii Fit Trainer
11- Villager
12- Mega Man

13- Captain Falcon
14- Ganondorf
16- Ice Climbers
17- Ness
18- Luigi
19- Yoshi
20- Jigglypuff
21- Princess Peach
22- Diddy Kong
23- Marth
24- Falco

- Ike
- King Dedede
- Lucario
- Lucas
- Meta Knight
- Olimar
- Pokemon Trainer
- R.O.B.
- Solid Snake
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Wario
- Wolf
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Toon Link

G&W will for sure be there. I think any character that's been in two games is cemented at this point. Wario, Sonic, and one (if not both) of the Kirby characters will most likely be there. Olimar will most likely be an alt. costume for/replaced by Alph, Brittany and Charlie.

I'm not sure if it's allowed or not since it's gamefaq-ish thread but shoot a message to moderator and see if they approve that or not.

Edited: Other advice, you need 300 posts to able to create thread.
In that case, I'll have to hold off from this site for now and use it on Smashboards and GameFAQs. Once I hit 300 posts here, however, I'll ask a mod whenever or not such a thread is appropriate.

GAMERG0D

In that case, I'll have to hold off from this site for now and use it on Smashboards and GameFAQs. Once I hit 300 posts here, however, I'll ask a mod whenever or not such a thread is appropriate.
You could just post the OP here and a mod could split your post into its own thread.

GamerSoul

1) But... Civ 5 expansion. T_T Also having to save for a Wii U...!
2) Doubtful. I really love Medusa's re-design for Uprising, too, and I generally love villains so much more.

Yep, i love her redesign also. I always wanted her in with Palutena but it sure looks like it's not going to happen. I have a little hope left for Syrup as a second Wario rep. I think she'll definitely be unique enough but can she past the Sakurai test? Who knows.

I have a little hope left for Syrup as a second Wario rep. I think she'll definitely be unique enough but can she past the Sakurai test? Who knows.

Captain Syrup would be so awesome. All the pirate themes you can bring in - hooks/anchors, lassos to tie people with, rope-swinging, throwing rum bottles/kicking barrels, cannons, of course some sword fighting and gun-toting.

Plus, her ship, the Sweet Stuff, could take the place of Wind Waker's pirate ship stage, cause we seriously need more pirate music in Smash.
There's even a track from Magical Starsign (alas it has SFX in it in the link but it was the only one I found) that would fit a pirate stage!

Top Bottom