• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS: Info Collection - Dojo, Mega Man and Trailer! 2014!

RM8

I'll be rocking Smash Bros. on my original launch 3DS :p Granted, not even the GB Micro screen is too small for me.

And here we are

Little Mac (Punch Out)
36%

Ridley (Metroid)
32%

Palutena (Kid Icarus)
31%

Shulk (Xenoblade)
22%

Mewtwo (Pokemon)
18%

Bayonetta
16%

Isaac (Golden Sun)
15%

Waluigi (Mario)
14.00%

King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
14.00%

Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame-jō)
13%

Paper Mario
12%

Chrom (Fire Emblem)
11%

Banjo-Kazooie
10%

Hades (Kid Icarus)
9%

Lucina (Fire Emblem)
8%

Pac-Man
7.00%

Geno (Mario)
7.00%

Daisy (Mario)
6%

Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
6%

Pokemon Rival
6%

Medusa (Kid Icarus)
6%

Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
6%

Kumatora (Earthbound)
5%

Bomberman
5%

Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
5%

Mii
5%

Captain Syrup (Mario)
4%

Bowser Jr. (Mario)
4%

Dark Samus (Metroid)
4%

Mask Link (Zelda)
4%

Tails (Sonic)
4%

Chibi Robo
4%

Ghirahim (Zelda)
4%

Balloon Fighter
3%

Knuckles (Sonic)
3%

Roy (Fire Emblem)
3%

Krystal (Star Fox)
3%

Shadow (Sonic)
2%

Starfy (Legend of Starfy)
2%

Ray 01 (Custom Robo)
2%

Mona (WarioWare)
2%

Tingle (Zelda)
2%

Dark Pit (Kid Icarus)
2%

Zoroark (Pokemon)
2%

Toad (Mario)
1%

Dr. Mario
1%

Toon Zelda (Zelda)
1%

Little Mac, Mewtwo and Tom Nook are my most wanted at the moment. And I know Nook is a stretch so I'm hoping I get 2/3 for when the game releases.

Paper Mario surprised me

DaBoss

People sure do like Ridley.

Of course.

I am always surprised by that

There is no need to be. :p

Palutena is in the top 3 and Waluigi is the highest voted Mario character.

Everything is right with the world.

WaluigiGAF wasted a vote on him considering there are better characters to choose.

Man, its true. GAF doesn't like Bowser Jr.!

I'd be happy with all those characters in like top 10.

I voted him.

I would have voted Shulk had I known he was on the list.

Kouichi

WaluigiGAF wasted a vote on him considering there are better characters to choose.
gbkEK.gif

Berordn

Little Mac, Mewtwo and Tom Nook are my most wanted at the moment. And I know Nook is a stretch so I'm hoping I get 2/3 for when the game releases.

Paper Mario surprised me

Seeing the Nookling in the trailer kinda got my hopes up for a Tommy/Timmy tag-team...

Spinluck

Waluigi would be amazing in this game. The only thing from keeping me from backing him 100% is the over saturation of Mario reps. But yea, he's a hilarious character that would fit Smash perfectly, and doing team battles with him and Wario would be a match made in video game troll-douchebag heaven. Unlike Daisy, there are actually some more apparent differences between him and his best pal (I like to think of them as brothers lol). Daisy can be an assist trophy.

NotLiquid

As much as Waluigi would be fucking awesome I can't say I'm really expecting him. He's more associated with various Mario spinoff titles than Wario games for him to be considered a rep for the latter franchise, and I think the only Mario related character that has a chance of appearing is Bowser Jr.

I'm holding out hope for a Wario character though, preferably Ashley or Captain Syrup, however unlikely that may be.

And I'm still hoping -- nay, expecting TW101 to be there. Sakurai and Kamiya seem to be really close and since Nintendo owns the IP a spot is practically theirs for the taking. I'm sure Sakurai would have a blast designing them or the lead.

Kouichi

I'm not expecting him either, but he would be an awesome character. I can't even disagree with the some of the arguments against him.

Doesn't change the fact that he's my most requested character though :) Waluigi is number one!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
they already presented three totally new and original and different characters. wonder if they unveiled already all the actual brand new fighters

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, Smash 4 has like, the smallest new character reveal in its first trailer.

Melee had Ice Climbers, Zelda, Shiek, Peach, and Bowser
Brawl had Wario, Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Snake, and Metaknight

Both are 5.

Spinluck

I'd be fine if he (Waluigi) returned as an assist trophy. Is Bowser Jr. with the paint brush the one you guys are referring to? I think that'd be cool. To be honest, I can't say I'm all that worried about the roster. It's never been something that I've gotten anal over. I can't even say that I've been disappointed by any of the rosters. Although I think it'd be pretty bad if Bayonetta got in, but I won't get into that.

My only real request is that Sonic returns. And even if he doesn't I'm sure I'll be satisfied with who we get. If the revealed stages are anything to go by, that's in good hands!! I liked the music we've got in the trailers too.

I hope Sakurai crams that 25gb disc with content.

Lunar15

I know people love Ridley, and if he makes it into the game that's great. But as a fan of metroid, all the possible ways I can think of that he could be incorporated as a character don't sound particularly appealing.

If he's shrunk, that kind of takes away his imposing nature. If he's still big, that just looks weird. I'm just skeptical that he could be done well, but this series has surprised me before.

I still want Issac, but I think that ship has sailed, honestly. Would have made sense 5 years ago, but now I think it'd lack relevance.

So...is Ridley bigger than giga bowser?

No, that sounds a little extreme.

EDIT: Based on Sakurai's stance on using the NES versions of applicable characters as a reference point, we can safely assume he'll use the Ridley sprite from NES Metroid:
hqdefault.jpg

So there, Ridley will be almost exactly the same size as Samus.

Good, now we can all be done talking about this size issue.

Ridley is too big, give it up

DaBoss

iX62MphrnanjS.gif

CG Ridley is the best.

Besides, there are so many Ridley designs to choose from and they can choose whichever one fits.

Top 5 is great and all but Daisy & Syrup deserve better. Also Waluigi over Takamaru is just what. :lol

Lots of people don't know who Takamaru is nor know much about him (I would fall in the latter category). It's no surprise that more people chose Waluigi since people know him. I think Takamaru would be a more interesting character however since Sakurai can modernize him like he did with Pit.

If Ridley gets in I hope to God that they don't use his Other M model.

I don't know if Tom Nook will get in but what about Jack the Czar of Halloween. Having a bunch of pumpkin themed attacks would be cool.

If a Golden Sun rep gets in, I feel like it is going to be Mattew. However, if Golden Sun gets two reps, I can see the other one being Adult Isaac.

Top Bottom