• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS: Info Collection - Dojo, Mega Man and Trailer! 2014!

JB2448

New pic of the day (Miiverse post):
jKQNS4XilDjBR.jpg

Sorry man, even Syrup made it some how. :3 Jones would be a good sleeper pick if they can make his move set unique enough.

Cuz reasons.

I don't think he's important enough in the Zelda series to warrant anything more than a AT. Ganondorf is the only Zelda Villain really needed and they can't even give him a nice move set.

I feel like if people really liked a character, that character deserves to be in; this series is fanservice at its core. I know Skull Kid and Ghirahim won't be playable, but they deserve to be.

That's why I believe the roster should be enormous so we could get them in without it feeling like they're up time/resources that could go to "more deserving" characters. I'd have no problem with Duck Hunt dog being playable so long as Ridley or Takamaru (or whoever people really want which make sense) make it in.

gosox333

Ughhhh that pic brings back terrible memories from Brawl. DK was my main, and Pikachu was always without a doubt the biggest pain in the ass for me to matchup against. So many losses against him...

That pic doesn't make me feel good about the matchup in SSB4 lol.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
FYI the Famicom Zapper looks like this:

aH1ot1a.jpg

So Duck Hunt dog would be using an actual gun for one of those suggested moves HA HA.

ash_ag

aH1ot1a.jpg

So Duck Hunt dog would be using an actual gun for one of those suggested moves HA HA.
Well, the two don't really have too different a shape. Could be a texture swap.

I think the Duck Hunt dog would make a better AT though. It's sorta like Waluigi -- it's not that he doesn't "deserve" to be playable, it's that that no one deserves to be an AT more than Waluigi. It would be unfair for him to be playable, you know?

I wonder who they'd choose for a cowboy character if they wanted to add one. Sheriff or Dillon? Can we say that Sheriff is the same cowboy from Wild Gunman? That would make for a character with interesting history. Then again, Dillon is a new character, and Sakurai likes those...

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
DK looking good.

His double axe handle should take two stock if you use it as a meteor smash. That would solve all the balancing issues, trust me, I know how to properly programize button manipulated game videos.

Eh, DK looks fine enough to me, though I'll admit I prefer how he looks more lively and animated in Retro's games. Guess it'd clash too much with the rest of the smash cast move?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

aH1ot1a.jpg

That's interesting. I didn't know that Japanese release the realistic gun for Zapper. I'm surprised that American didn't get that one.

Do you seriously think Duck Hunt Dog had a chance to be in the game? Yeah, I'm a huge supporter for that character but I'm very realistic when it come to his chance. I meant I don't really expect him to be playable character in the game.

So I wonder if they'll give Mega Man a new stage in the 3DS version or just copy over Wily Castle. They did say the 3DS version will have different stages, and I'd imagine they would give Mega Man a stage representation in that game too. We can only hope it's an auto-sidescrolling stage based on Quick Man's with the insta-death lasers.

So I wonder if they'll give Mega Man a new stage in the 3DS version or just copy over Wily Castle. They did say the 3DS version will have different stages, and I'd imagine they would give Mega Man a stage representation in that game too. We can only hope it's an auto-sidescrolling stage based on Quick Man's with the insta-death lasers.

Megaman 2 is on 3DS Virtual Console, and the stage itself seems pretty simple, so I'll go out on a limb and assume they'll use the same stage. Also: licensing issues.

Berordn

Hm... a handheld Wily stage?

Wily Star, perhaps?

Megaman 2 is on 3DS Virtual Console, and the stage itself seems pretty simple, so I'll go out on a limb and assume they'll use the same stage. Also: licensing issues.

There is a wealth of handheld Mega Man content and "licensing issues" probably aren't even a thing when the content owner has already agreed to the use of the character and franchise.

That's interesting. I didn't know that Japanese release the realistic gun for Zapper. I'm surprised that American didn't get that one.
I'm not. Shit, we had our gray one changed to orange out of concerns that the gray one looked too real. There's no way in Hell something that closely resembling an actual gun would've gone over well over here.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm not. Shit, we had our gray one changed to orange out of concerns that the gray one looked too real. There's no way in Hell something that closely resembling an actual gun would've gone over well over here.

Well, I'm surprised since Americans love guns so why they are concerned about it? In old time, most of young boys had their own B.B. Guns, so it's way better to have fake guns that wouldn't require bullets. :p

Well, I'm surprised since Americans love guns so why they are concerned about it? In old time, most of young boys had their own B.B. Guns, so it's way better to have fake guns that wouldn't require bullets. :p

We have a lot of gun nuts here, but we have a lot of watchdogs as well. Real guns in their family-friendly Mario game wouldn't fly with them.

NAP (National Association of Police) asked for toy manufacturers (up to and including video game peripheral makers) to stop making realistic-looking guns. They need to be able to tell the difference at a glance between a toy and a real gun if someone's pulling one on them in a high-tension situation. That isn't a time where you can look for a cord or wait to make sure it's not real. By and large, by the time someone has a gun out completely, it's already too late.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
NAP (National Association of Police) asked for toy manufacturers (up to and including video game peripheral makers) to stop making realistic-looking guns. They need to be able to tell the difference at a glance between a toy and a real gun if someone's pulling one on them in a high-tension situation. That isn't a time where you can look for a cord or wait to make sure it's not real. By and large, by the time someone has a gun out completely, it's already too late.

That actually make sense. What happened to your title? I thought it was just perfect for you.

Yeah I think I'm going to eventually put down some cash for the XL upgrade too. Maybe they'll come out with some awesome custom skin 3DS XL for Smash Bros. Also, yeah the current colour choice is terrible.

guek

Banned

yup, cuz stuff like this happens. iirc, a similar incident happened some time in the early 90s that created a lot of hubub

I'm waiting on a green XL before upgrading.

I mean, there was a green DSi for sale during a single Christmas. Stranger things have happened.

Top Bottom