• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS: Info Collection - Dojo, Mega Man and Trailer! 2014!

Village

I think the Sentinel is a fairer example.

Sentinels come in various sizes, so that is justification enough for being able to fit in there actually. But again my bigger issue with ridley is that his character lends himself to boss status. Sentinel is giant(sometimes) mutant killing robot, I assume all working xmen have a destroy on sight order for those things.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 has some pretty wild size differences, and the game still works, so I have confidence that Sakurai could pull it off if enough effort was put into it.

It seems to me that the real issue is Sakurai's interest in the franchise.
Marvel is a more traditional fighter without the platforming and stage control aspects. It's a completely different beast than Smash and I don't think they're directly comparable in this way at all.

And there's no indication that Sakurai has less interest in Metroid than any other franchise.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Sentinels come in various sizes, so that is justification enough for being able to fit in there actually. But again my bigger issue with ridley is that his character lends himself to boss status. Sentinel is giant(sometimes) mutant killing robot, I assume all working xmen have a destroy on sight order for those things.

Yes, and the Sentinel presented in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is still freaking huge. Are Bowser and Ganondorf "boss status"?

Village

Yes, and the Sentinel presented in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is still freaking huge. Are Bowser and Ganondorf "boss status"?

They are big sure, but galactus is a giant space entity and ridley is a giant space dragon. Ridley would be closer to the size of the full sized sentinels rather than the ones in marvel 3 who were not playable for size reasons.

As far as boss status goes, its not about being a boss, but the nature of your encounter. Wolverine can confront magneto( its dumb but he can), however galactus will always confront you.

Well said.

I will quote this post every time someone goes "_______ IS TOO BIG/SMALL".

If you wanna get really real though. He is just a big toy, too big for the other toys to play with it wouldnt be fair he has all that articulation. Its not fair he has too many joints.

:p

Anyways I voice my argument already character themes blah blah

qq more

If it made absolutely no difference would you be happy with Bowser being the size of Olimar? Link being as tall as Ganondorf?

No, that's not what I'm getting at. I'm talking about people going "_____ shouldn't be in because of their size!" You can just make Ridley as big as Bowser and I'm sure it'll look fine.

I hope that clears it up

J-Tier

If it made absolutely no difference would you be happy with Bowser being the size of Olimar? Link being as tall as Ganondorf?

Something so simply phrased can easily be construed as something different when taken out of context. But in the context of this thread, the "size doesn't matter" isn't an absolute. We're not going to have flea-sized Marios and castle sized Yoshis.

Village

Something so simply phrased can easily be construed as something different when taken out of context. But in the context of this thread, the "size doesn't matter" isn't an absolute. We're not going to have flea-sized Marios and castle sized Yoshis.

To be fair both of those are cannon.

Anyways a less ridley riddled conversation.

What types of music would you like to see in smash 4, what style remixes. Rock, electronic , techno, hip hop?

To be fair both of those are cannon.

Anyways a less ridley riddled conversation.

What types of music would you like to see in smash 4, what style remixes. Rock, electronic , techno, hip hop?

All of them. I love variety. :3 I still think think Killer Instinct has the best OST because of that.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

SSBBCC___BanjoKazooie_by_Algus_Underdunk.jpg

I'll get on a poll site for it. Maybe let people choose 3 people
I especially need help for Fire Emblem people... Don't know any of them

Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Tharja, and Anna. I remembered those characters from prediction roster. Also I can list some characters from old fire emblem games which are Leaf, Lyn, Sigurd, Marth, Roy, Ike, Sothe and Micaiah

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
They are big sure, but galactus is a giant space entity and ridley is a giant space dragon. Ridley would be closer to the size of the full sized sentinels rather than the ones in marvel 3 who were not playable for size reasons.

As far as boss status goes, its not about being a boss, but the nature of your encounter. Wolverine can confront magneto( its dumb but he can), however galactus will always confront you.

I don't think that Ridley is taller than a full sized Sentinel. The way Ridley is presented in the 2D games makes him look considerably smaller.

And isn't Samus the one confronting Ridley in Fusion? Either way, I don't see how that is relevant.

Village

I don't think that Ridley is taller than a full sized Sentinel. The way Ridley is presented in the 2D games makes him look considerably smaller.

And isn't Samus the one confronting Ridley in Fusion? Either way, I don't see how that is relevant.

In order.

I dunno he is a giant space dragon. The 2d games haven't been the main representation of ridley for a while. And as far as confrontation goes, the nature of the character.

Anyways lets drop this for now, it is music talkie time now

This. I want some jazz. I love jazz. Though I love music in general, so having variety and make it work in harmony with the game would be great.

Jazz is good.

I would also like to see some electronic stuff like this on stages like pictochat.

Very mellow to fight to.

I want some hip hop, someone hip hop some themes and put it in kurfuffle.

SSBBCC___BanjoKazooie_by_Algus_Underdunk.jpg

Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Tharja, and Anna. I remembered those characters from prediction roster. Also I can list some characters from old fire emblem games which are Leaf, Lyn, Sigurd, Marth, Roy, Ike, Sothe and Micaiah

Wow, I can't believe I recognized that art style. I can't even remember where I saw Algus' drawings, but it was a very long time ago. Maybe it was NSider.

Sponge

Banned
Are you a fan of "Evil Cole" in Playstation DudeBros.?

Don't think that was really called for, or why the only time I ever see All-Stars mentioned anymore is in Smash threads.

Evil Cole is no different than Dr. Mario, Pichu or even Young Link. Dark Samus could at least have a unique moveset.

What a loss. Banjo would have been a great character in Smash, whatever his moveset would have been.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Wow, I can't believe I recognized that art style. I can't even remember where I saw Algus' drawings, but it was a very long time ago. Maybe it was NSider.

You are correct. It was at Nsider before Nintendo decided to take the forum down for whatever reason it is. I remembered Algus and his works.

Do you remember someone making Kirby's hats of many characters?

KirbyHatSetSmall.png

Mega_man_kirby.jpg

I'M FINISHED!

In order.

I dunno he is a giant space dragon. The 2d games haven't been the main representation of ridley for a while. And as far as confrontation goes, the nature of the character.

Anyways lets drop this for now, it is music talkie time now

Ridley's 2D appearances seem like they are much more relevant to the conversation considering Smash is a 2D fighting game.

But whatever, can't wait to hear some sweet PO!! remixes in Smash 4.

I'M FINISHED!

Don't think that was really called for, or why the only time I ever see All-Stars mentioned anymore is in Smash threads.

Evil Cole is no different than Dr. Mario, Pichu or even Young Link. Dark Samus could at least have a unique moveset.

And I think Dr. Mario, Pichu and Young Link are wasted spots on the roster. It's a similar idea, I don't care if they are different entities, dark characters are just lazy storytelling.

Sponge

Banned
And I think Dr. Mario, Pichu and Young Link are wasted spots on the roster. It's a similar idea, I don't care if they are different entities, dark characters are just lazy storytelling.

I'll give you that, I don't wanna see Dark Samus or Ridley, or Dark Pit over just about any other Kid Icarus character.

Village

ignore this

Instead let me offer you some information.

Basch from FF12 and Blooregard Q. Kazoo from forsters home have the same voice actor.

No Skull Kid either! (I forgot about him anyways xD)

Ah darn forgot about him. My bad. Hopefully there are at least 4 other characters you like in there.
No Duck Hunt Dog? This poll can't accurately represent me.

Can't tell if serious haha

Takamaru from Nazo no Murasame-jō. Samurai Warrior is third party game that Takamaru had a guest role in the game.

My bad. I honestly have no idea who he is and just went with the first thing google gave me.

Top Bottom