• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS: Info Collection - Dojo, Mega Man and Trailer! 2014!

smashcast_2_by_neoriceisgood-d6gsk76.png

That's all of em for now.

Mario looks nice. I can't wait to use him as an avatar. Haha, love the Kirbus sprite.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
0%

Actually, here's a pretty safe prediction: if a character has only appeared in one game but isn't the main character, then he/she won't be playable. Adam, Ghirahim, Midna, Zant, Kumatora, Magnus, and other such characters are never going to be playable in Smash Bros. It's one of the few stances I feel truly confident in taking.

Alright, I'm pretty sure that I would agreed with you but we don't know for sure until the game got released.

Or just put a few spectators at the landing points. I hated that about Delfino. Just stick some people at the places where you fight. It's not that hard. Makes it feel more alive I think, just like Smashville.

I guess he did that because of internet. I can't help but recalled something about it. I could be wrong.

I think the initial reveal trailer and even character line up were much less exciting than in previous games. It doesn't help that they want to sparse announcements, so we only get negative confirmations (no story mode, some characters might be cut, etc) rather than actually knowing what's going to be in the game.

What? Mega Man isn't exciting? WHAT! But yeah we really got sparse information because the game is still in early development.

Not gonna lie, I would find that pretty funny.

"Special moves are no longer permitted! You will wait until I approve use of them again!"

I would support that to be in the game.

I think IntelliHeath has a list, not sure if anyone asked for seperate Pikmin yet.

I'll try to do characters as they're announced so..

When he's up on the dojo.

No one did.

My hype's dying. It is early days then again.

Next trailer will reignite the hype. I actually broke my Wii three weeks ago trying to fix the lens to play Brawl.

Sad days. XD

My hype is long gone at this stage. I haven't bothered posting for that reason.

August Direct please restore hype.

SuperSah

Banned
Senator Soufflé;74900339 said:
My hype is long gone at this stage. I haven't bothered posting for that reason.

August Direct please restore hype.

Yeah, we need a steady stream of information.

Hopefully we get a character reveal during the Direct. Hope Nintendo confirms a date asap.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yeah, we need a steady stream of information.

Hopefully we get a character reveal during the Direct. Hope Nintendo confirms a date asap.

Hahaha, we might not get Direct for other week or two. I suspect that we might get Direct few days before Gamescom, If not then few days before TGS.

I don't really like the daily screenshots compared to Brawl's Dojo updates and that isn't helping the hype situation, BUT Mega Man's reveal trailer and Mega Man being in Smash in general means my hype is and will always be at max until the game's release.

Seriously, Mega Man in Smash has been the one thing I've wanted from the series more than anything else since Brawl made third-party characters possible. His reveal trailer was one of the biggest E3 hype moments of all time for me.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I don't really like the daily screenshots compared to Brawl's Dojo updates and that isn't helping the hype situation, BUT Mega Man's reveal trailer and Mega Man being in Smash in general means my hype is and will always be at max until the game's release.

Seriously, Mega Man in Smash has been the one thing I've wanted from the series more than anything else since Brawl made third-party characters possible. His reveal trailer was one of the biggest E3 hype moments of all time for me.

Yeah, I understand but I would rather that way to keep our hype low if SSB4 ended up being worse than Brawl. I don't think it would.

This week would be likely.

I was thinking of next week or two weeks because of the release date. It's Aug 24 for JPN.

Yeah, I understand but I would rather that way to keep our hype low if SSB4 ended up being worse than Brawl. I don't think it would.

That worry doesn't apply to me... I'm in the camp that very strongly believes Brawl is a far, far better game than Melee (aside from tripping). I understand that's not the popular opinion, but I could give you a laundry list of reasons I think Melee is horrible compared to Brawl, but you've likely seen all those reasons and have your own reasons for disagreeing, so I'll spare you. ;)

If Smash 4 is anything like Brawl with the simple addition of Mega Man, I'll be a very happy camper. And if it's like a middle ground between Brawl and Melee with the addition of Mega Man and without Melee's horrible balancing and exploits (like wavedashing), then I'll still be a happy camper! Basically, as long as it's not simply Melee 2, I'm pretty sure I'll love Smash 4.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
That worry doesn't apply to me... I'm in the camp that very strongly believes Brawl is a far, far better game than Melee (aside from tripping). I understand that's not the popular opinion, but I could give you a laundry list of reasons I think Melee is horrible compared to Brawl, but you've likely seen all those reasons and have your own reasons for disagreeing, so I'll spare you. ;)

If Smash 4 is anything like Brawl with the simple addition of Mega Man, I'll be a very happy camper. And if it's like a middle ground between Brawl and Melee with the addition of Mega Man and without Melee's horrible balancing and exploits (like wavedashing), then I'll still be a happy camper! Basically, as long as it's not simply Melee 2, I'm pretty sure I'll love Smash 4.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still enjoying Brawl but I'm concerned with many things that could go wrong with SSB4 and make it even worse than Brawl. I don't think I can handle fanbase with SSB4 if it's way worse than Brawl.

I don't really like the daily screenshots compared to Brawl's Dojo updates and that isn't helping the hype situation.
When Brawl got announced we got a crappy site with profiles, after a while we got the notice that the site was going to be updated, then we got a specific date (Japan time!) and the dojo began.

Dojo wasn't a first day thing, it took months for it to being, right now with the daily screenshots we are getting more content than we had with Brawl in the same time frame.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
When Brawl got announced we got a crappy site with profiles, after a while we got the notice that the site was going to be updated, then we got a specific date (Japan time!) and the dojo began.

Dojo wasn't a first day thing, it took months for it to being, right now with the daily screenshots we are getting more content than we had with Brawl in the same time frame.

Sakurai said that he wouldn't do Dojo updates again. I don't remember where I heard it from but it have been mentioned in this thread.

I agree, though Melee is far from "horrible." They're both great games in their own right, but I prefer Brawl.
Most of my enjoyment of Smash comes from playing for hours on end with friends, so the version with the most content/characters/stages/nostalgia-pandering is always going to be my favorite.

Project M opened my eyes a bit to just how much smoother Melee's gameplay is, but nearly everything else in that game is really bare-bones and what must have been a hellish 13-month development period really shows
plus thanks to it being rushed we're stuck with Captain Ganondorf
. Hope SSB4 manages to hit a nice medium between the two that appeases everybody!

Good point, except...

Sakurai said that he wouldn't do Dojo updates again. I don't remember where I heard it from but it have been mentioned in this thread.

... this. He did indeed say that. :(

I agree, though Melee is far from "horrible." They're both great games in their own right, but I prefer Brawl.

You're right, I overstated things... my bad. Melee is not horrible, I'm just frustrated with what it has become and with much of its fanbase.

I really don't remember that, but oh well :\

Just for random trivia... the first trailer came up on may 10th 2006 and the dojo was created on may 22nd 2007.. a full year after the first trailer

And because I was already googling this things....
This is so damn retro

Brawl's first site

Drago

We've also seen pics of the Villager (and maybe others?) using Punch Out boxing gloves.

That's what I think it is, at least.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Who in the hell actually thinks this? Melee is perfection. You guys are insane.

HOW DARE YOU SLIGHTLY PREFER X TO Y

We've also seen pics of the Villager (and maybe others?) using Punch Out boxing gloves.

That's what I think it is, at least.
It's probably part of his moveset to be honest. Also assumed the bowling ball was an item until Sakurai said otherwise during the Direct.

daripad

Guys, if any of you really wants the kirbus pixel avatar, you can take it. I won't be able to chamge it tonight so I think is fair that someone grab it using it right now

Ryce

[...]what must have been a hellish 13-month development period really shows
I feel like I need to set the record straight again because this misconception pops up way too often for my liking. (Thanks, IGN!)

Sakurai said that during the last thirteen months of Melee development he didn't take any breaks, but IGN misinterpreted this to mean that the entire game was made in 13 months. On the official Melee site, Sakurai says that work began in July 1999, giving Melee a development cycle of over two years, which is fairly typical. Not even the most competent, hard-working development team imaginable could create a game as elaborate as Melee from scratch in 13 months. That's nonsense.

I feel like I need to set the record straight again because this misconception pops up way too often for my liking. (Thanks, IGN!)

Sakurai said that during the last thirteen months of Melee development he didn't take any breaks, but IGN misinterpreted this to mean that the entire game was made in 13 months. On the official Melee site, Sakurai says that work began in July 1999, giving Melee a development cycle of over two years, which is fairly typical. Not even the most competent, hard-working development team imaginable could create a game as elaborate as Melee from scratch in 13 months. That's nonsense.
Yeah, that makes more sense. Still, given Smash wasn't the juggernaut it is now until after Melee, what I assume was a smaller dev-team and less resources, Melee still feels like it was rushed more than Brawl or the original game were.

I mean, Sakurai's still gone on record saying the clones were a way of padding out the roster at the last minute after more unique characters had to be let go due to time-issues, right? I think there's even data on Melee's disc that gives him his sword and has him fully-animated while hodling it in all his regular movement, indicating that he got further than others (Dedede and Lucas have been stated to of been planned for Melee, right?) in development before concessions had to be made to make the December release date.

qq more

Melee isn't perfect. In fact, there's no such thing as a perfect game!

Melee is a god damn amazing game though. Truly impressive too. I only like Brawl more just for the bigger content, but Melee did a lot of things better such as physics, speed and Single Player.

Guys, if any of you really wants the kirbus pixel avatar, you can take it. I won't be able to chamge it tonight so I think is fair that someone grab it using it right now

Huh, alrighty. If you really want it back though, let me know!

Most of my enjoyment of Smash comes from playing for hours on end with friends, so the version with the most content/characters/stages/nostalgia-pandering is always going to be my favorite.

Project M opened my eyes a bit to just how much smoother Melee's gameplay is, but nearly everything else in that game is really bare-bones and what must have been a hellish 13-month development period really shows
. Hope SSB4 manages to hit a nice medium between the two that appeases everybody!

Well said, although I'd just say Melee's gameplay is faster than Brawl's, not necessarily smoother. The speed was nice, though I'd take Brawl's less-exploitable, fairer gameplay any day. Of course, a combination of both would be even better!

Opinions... a concept we must all learn sooner or later. I suppose you're in the "later" group...

I want Mii to be playable just to see what on earth will be done with the moveset for Mii.

Wii fit trainer & Villager sorta make me feel like Sakurai'd be more inventive than just "oh Mii can use a tennis racket."

Drago

Speaking of news, do we even know when the next Nintendo Direct is?
Rumor has it that the W101 Direct will be on August 7.

Not really a Nintendo Direct in the normal sense, but it's something. We really are due for one soon; fall release dates, new bundles, WiiU summer update, GBA Virtual Console,
Mother 3 ;_;
, and more than just those.

Dunno what they're waiting for.

Top Bottom