• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS: Info Collection - Dojo, Mega Man and Trailer! 2014!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I wonder if since they showed the SNES Pilotwings version if its just gonna be a floating stage that flies over the island with some planes flying past. It would be neat if the whole stage except for the platforn was Mode 7 styled.

If it's pilotwing stage then I don't mind the plane flying us through all islands of Pilotwings (SNES, 64 and 3DS)

Miiverse is obsessed with Minecraft. People there just routinely beg for a Wii U port.

Oh really? I haven't played Minecraft yet, so I don't know anything about that.

Game title confirmed! Super Smash Bros. Universe!

Sakurai also uploaded a new trailer today, i'm surprised there was no press release for this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOcEQW5w6VE

lol it's a hilarious trailer

Fuck sake...

ph9k7os.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It could be Wuhu Island (Mii's representative stage as if leaked list is correect) or Pilotwing stage.
Actually, what if you travel to all 3 islands from Pilotwings (original, 64, and Resort)? Yeah, it's probably do something among the lines of Delfino Plaza, though maybe maybe you'll fight on top of hang gliders, planes, and such, but it'd be able to represent all the games of the franchise in one game.

In any case, this does bring back the possibility of Mii being a character (or perhaps they'll be in the background if the Pilotwings stage transforms/travels to the one from Resort).

georly

Actually, what if you travel to all 3 islands from Pilotwings (original, 64, and Resort)? Yeah, it's probably do something among the lines of Delfino Plaza, though maybe maybe you'll fight on top of hang gliders, planes, and such, but it'd be able to represent all the games of the franchise in one game.

In any case, this does bring back the possibility of Mii being a character (or perhaps they'll be in the background if the Pilotwings stage transforms/travels to the one from Resort).

Or rather than travel, what if it tranforms, like fire emblem stage in brawl, or it evolves from 2d to 3d to wuhu.

NeonZ

So....Majora's Mask Young Link. Anyone? He transforms into Deku Scrub, Goron or Zora Link (think Pokemon Trainer from Brawl). His final smash turns him into Fierce Diety Link. So yeah... Who's with me?

That would be basically 4 characters for a single, secondary game. It didn't happen when Majora's Mask was new, and it won't happen now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Or rather than travel, what if it tranforms, like fire emblem stage in brawl, or it evolves from 2d to 3d to wuhu.
It'd probably depend on how the stage works, but I'd totally be up for this option, to kind of show the "evolution" of the series.

So....Majora's Mask Young Link. Anyone? He transforms into Deku Scrub, Goron or Zora Link (think Pokemon Trainer from Brawl). His final smash turns him into Fierce Diety Link. So yeah... Who's with me?

Somebody please think of the 3DS!

Dunno why I love to blame everything to the 3DS... Of course, I'm kidding

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
When people post Miiverse screens they should at least link to the original post so one can Yeah it too if one so desires.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
When people post Miiverse screens they should at least link to the original post so one can Yeah it too if one so desires.
I found it on Memebase, but after some searching, here's the Miiverse link.

Edit: From Nintendo's Twitter: "Watch a new #NintendoDirectNA on 8/7 at 7am PT for updates on #WiiU and Nintendo #3DS games launching this year."

It HAS been a while since E3 & we've gotten Olimar and two new stages (Pilotwings & Pikmin stage). Perhaps we'll get a new trailer?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I found it on Memebase, but after some searching, here's the Miiverse link.

Edit: From Nintendo's Twitter: "Watch a new #NintendoDirectNA on 8/7 at 7am PT for updates on #WiiU and Nintendo #3DS games launching this year."

It HAS been a while since E3 & we've gotten Olimar and two new stages (Pilotwings & Pikmin stage). Perhaps we'll get a new trailer?
Thanks for the link.

Don't forget the Uprising stage!

Actually... if it's just a NA Direct, it probably won't have any Smash reveals. I'm sure they'd do that kind of thing with a worldwide Direct, now that those are a thing.

JoeInky

Damn, didn't notice that last part. Yeah, if it's based on stuff this year, it'll most likely be games like Wonderful 101, maybe one last mention for M&L Dream Team, some eShop stuff, Pokemon X/Y, and/or some 3rd party games.

Never stop believing, they're obviously going to show 10 new characters in a 25 minute long trailer.

DaBoss

I think Wuhu Island can be on both Wii U & 3DS. Would be even more cooler if they both worked differently from each other.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They'll announce a new character for sure:

It'll be Captain Olimar for all those who don't follow the website.

JoeInky

I hope the direct ends on a DKC TF trailer, which shows K. Rool as the 4th playable character, which then ties into a K. Rool for smash announcement trailer.

Why can't this actually happen.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Nintendo Direct announced for tomorrow! Let's hope we get some news!

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/364747733938085889

I can see Nintendo revealing a new character trailer in these Directs until it launches but who knows...

Nintendo Direct for tomorrow! :D

New Super Smash character reveal?!

I'm asking too much.

Don't get your hype high since they said that they are going to covering the games that are coming out this year. Yeah, I'm hyped for Direct because I want to hear more about games this year.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Rumor has it that the W101 Direct will be on August 7.

Not really a Nintendo Direct in the normal sense, but it's something. We really are due for one soon; fall release dates, new bundles, WiiU summer update, GBA Virtual Console,
Mother 3 ;_;
, and more than just those.

Dunno what they're waiting for.

Now what did you heard about the rumors?

SuperSah

Banned
Don't get your hype high since they said that they are going to covering the games that are coming out this year. Yeah, I'm hyped for Direct because I want to hear more about games this year.

According to Nintendolife it's about games that were "Announced this year".

That could mean Smash Bros since it was announced this year, but we'll see.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Hmm, to be honest with you. When I saw new stage (Pilotwing) and I had a feeling that Nintendo Direct is coming so soon. BAM! We are getting one tomorrow.

SuperSah

Banned
Hmm, to be honest with you. When I saw new stage (Pilotwing) and I had a feeling that Nintendo Direct is coming so soon. BAM! We are getting one tomorrow.

It could be coincidence that a new stage was shown, but it does fuel hope that we're getting a new reveal or trailer at least tomorrow! :D

SkyOdin

A Pilotwings stage? Awesome! I was hoping for one of those. It even looks like the SNES game. Do you think we will be fighting on the wings of flying biplanes?

Tom_Cody

I am guess the stage will be highly dynamic. The background itself obviously isn't resource-intensive so I expect they will do some cool stuff with it.

To start with I'm sure it won't be a static platform . Maybe the characters will be flying on the back of a plane (similar to 'Lylat Cruiser') or otherwise some sort flying platform.

My guess is that it will showcase scaling of the island in an effect similar to Mode 7 on the SNES. The entire island could be one giant low-res texture. Maybe you land on the target at some point with the area around you clearly heavily pixelated in keeping with the appearance of the original.

iduNFODtGmMGM.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I don't think it is unreasonable to hope for some new footage tomorrow. I think we could very likely see the first footage of Olimar/Pikmin in motion in Smash Bros. in order to promote Pikmin 3.

tumblr_ly24uxnFXb1r4jpm5o1_500_zpsea610d8c.gif

Mainly for whatever they are going to announcing. DKCR2, Mario 3D World, etc.

Kouichi

Never played Pilotwings, but I always love seeing different games being represented in Smash Bros.

Can't wait to see how the actual platform looks like.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

From what I am looking in other thread, there is no such a statement on NOA Twitter and NOE twitter so I wonder where did NintendoEverything got their statement came from.

I'm not expecting really much of anything, but what I'm saying is that I can see Nintendo using Directs as a platform to steadily build hype for release like they did with the Smash Brothers Dojo... just more punctuated.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has high hopes for the company's future. As part of the company's 2013 annual report, Iwata acknowledged its latest financial loss, but said sunny days are ahead for the Mario and Zelda company.

"Nintendo posted an operating loss for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013. However, we strive to regain 'Nintendo-like' profits for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2014 by providing many people with fascinating games and services," Iwata said.

"We continue to make brand-new and unique proposals, and make efforts for the growth of the home entertainment industry with a mission that is to pleasantly surprise people and put smiles on the faces of everyone Nintendo touches," he added.

Just saw this at other thread, and I'm concerned that Iwata might rush the game to release before March 31, 2014.

Just the date in the W101 thread.

I thought it was gonna be the W101 Direct, but I'm really glad to hear it's a full fledged one.

Interesting.

Top Bottom