• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Zoramon089 said:
WHY do people even think Ridley was a possibility? Just look at how he fights in his Metroid games. He is nothing like any of the other fighters and wouldn't fit in

If Charizard fits then Ridley can fit

[Nintex]

Zoramon089 said:
WHY do people even think Ridley was a possibility? Just look at how he fights in his Metroid games. He is nothing like any of the other fighters and wouldn't fit in
I should have used Slippy instead.

The fourth game will be called; Super Smash Bros. Battle

KrawlMan

Did sakurai ever mention the use of more third party characters other than sonic and snake?

For some odd reason I recall something along those lines, and I know some of you guys have a ridiculous memory and backlog of stuff sakurai has said...

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
I'm just disappointed by the overall level of recycled content. Compared to the incredible starting roster, seeing the harsh reality of the unlockables was a letdown. Really in my book the biggest offenses are the ripped off final smashes of Falco/Wolf/Lucas, Ganondorf still sharing many of Captain Falcon's moves(unlike the others, he has no relationship to Falcon whatsoever, no reason for him to be even a little cloned), and Wolf being added in the first place when he's just going to be another Fox clone. It's not just "clones" that are the problem, it's the fact that so much of what we're seeing here is not new. The only unlockable character that's totally original is R.O.B.

Fireblend

Banned
KrawlMan said:
Did sakurai ever mention the use of more third party characters other than sonic and snake?

For some odd reason I recall something along those lines, and I know some of you guys have a ridiculous memory and backlog of stuff sakurai has said...
He said 1 or 2 max other than Snake.

lybertyboy said:
Here the last three videos for the time being:
Thanks! Although all that supposedly "Earthbound" stuff is from Mother 3, not Earthbound from SNES...

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Linkhero1 said:
Anyone else have this weird feeling that Sakurai isn't going to develop the next SSB game?

No duh he'll be doing his own thing. He has better things to do than create SSB games for all eternity

[Nintex]

Zek said:
I'm just disappointed by the overall level of recycled content. Compared to the incredible starting roster, seeing the harsh reality of the unlockables was a letdown. Really in my book the biggest offenses are the ripped off final smashes of Falco/Wolf/Lucas, Ganondorf still sharing many of Captain Falcon's moves(unlike the others, he has no relationship to Falcon whatsoever, no reason for him to be even a little cloned), and Wolf being added in the first place when he's just going to be another Fox clone. It's not just "clones" that are the problem, it's the fact that so much of what we're seeing here is not new. The only unlockable character that's totally original is R.O.B.
With Sonic, Snake, Olimar, Pokemon Trainer, Ike and a couple others announced at the dojo there weren't many surprises. Imagine the megaton if he only showed the starting roster before release.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
bounchfx said:
gannondorf=falcon (they were not different enough at melee, if at all. every b move was the same)

In practice they played absolutely, positively, undeniably nothing alike.

Sakurai is brilliant.

He's caused some of the best meltdowns in a while....

FUCK THAT'S THE TRUE ROSTER
FUCK SAKURAI, FUCK YOU
WHY NOT PUT MIDNA & WOLF LINK? WHY NOT PUT KRYSTAL? WHY NOT PUT RAY MK-II? WHY NOT PUT MEWTWO? WHY NOT PUT BOWSER JR.? WHY NOT PUTTING ANOTHER 3RD PARTY CHARACTER? WHY NOT PUT MONA? WHY NOT PUT SOME OTHER CHARACTER TO FILL THE GAP?
SUCK MY FUCKING COCK!!!!
GODFUCKINGDAMNIT.
FUCK ALL OF YOU WHO WISHED WOLF, FUCK YOU!

By the way, I'm not making that one up.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
JonathanEx said:
Sakurai is brilliant.

He's caused some of the best meltdowns in a while....

By the way, I'm not making that one up.

Still has a ways to go before its hits 8.8 or DQ DS levels

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Zek said:
If they had to add a clone I do wish it had been Bowser Jr instead of Wolf.

Augh that would have been even more of a waste. Bowser Jr has tons of potential outside clonesville

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Super Smash Bros. Strife?

No, wait. That makes me think of Cloud and that's just terrible.

Anyway, it's rather disappointing how much whining that's been going on. I mean, anyone who didn't think that there would be clones were kidding themselves. Clones are a staple of the fighting game genre in general and the clones in this game are sufficiently differentiated for each clone to be worthwhile. A few cloned Final Smashes is disappointing, yes, but Final Smashes are a miniscule portion of the game. (Though I'm still holding out for Ness to yell "PK ROCKIN'" when he uses his Final Smash) The roster is pretty phenomenal and even the "disappointing" characters aren't nearly as worthless as, say, Pichu.

Give Sakurai some credit for what he did accomplish with this game.

radiuhm

I'm a little lost, so is Wolf confirmed to be in brawl; if so can someone post a link. I've seen the supposed wolf's FS but I also read how some people say it's fake. So what's the deal?

I don't see anything wrong with at least supervising the next SSB. That won't be for years if it ever comes out, and in between this and that, he can focus his attentions on making brand new games.

Hey, he's gotta make money somehow.

The fact of the matter is that Sakurai likes SSB. I can't see him not wanting to improve it.

webrunner

You guys just have lowered the bar of what counts as a 'clone'.

I've noticed a lot of people are calling Luigi in Melee a clone. As late as last week he was never considered such.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
webrunner said:
You guys just have lowered the bar of what counts as a 'clone'.

I've noticed a lot of people are calling Luigi in Melee a clone. As late as last week he was never considered such.
No, people have pretty much always been saying that. They're wrong, but that doesn't stop them.

Hopefully there are more "Luigis" here than actual clones, but even that doesn't justify Wolf IMHO.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
These people are horrible at making videos. What they should be doing is going through the newcomers/suspected clones one-by-one in training mode and just showing all their attacks/specials/FSes. Or even just playing a simple 1v1 with each of them. It's ridiculous how little information we have on character movesets.

Gekkonidae said:
Whoa, that stage is pretty brutal.
That stage actually looks cooler and more interesting than some of the actual stages...except for the generic looking pieces. I wonder if you can pick the stage music...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom